• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

I thought I was dreaming the 20mph limit

Nor to you!
Only could it happen in this country, run by a bunch of half wits , and also forcing most of us travelling on holiday by air, to actually leave our own country to be able to reach our holiday destination, because they have made such a balls up of running our national airport.

Only could it happen in this country, run by a bunch of half wits , and also forcing most of us travelling on holiday by air, to actually leave our own country to be able to reach our holiday destination, because they have made such a balls up of running our national airport.
I'd rather they didn't buy it in 2013 and let the previous owners deal with it. It's a shite airport and it's almost always cheaper and easier to travel a little further to Bristol.

I'd rather they didn't buy it in 2013 and let the previous owners deal with it. It's a shite airport and it's almost always cheaper and easier to travel a little further to Bristol.
Agree with you on most of that, but why shouldn't we be able to fly to worldwide destinations from our own country? They do in Ireland , and in Scotland and England, why have they made such a pigs ear of running the airport. Flew to Florida from Cardiff in 2007 , crikey it wouldn't happen now.

Always fly from Bristol. The thought of flying from Cardiff doesn't cross my mind

I will always try my hardest to fly from Cardiff. It’s an airport, you’re only there a couple of hours outbound and even less on the way home.

Agree with you on most of that, but why shouldn't we be able to fly to worldwide destinations from our own country? They do in Ireland , and in Scotland and England, why have they made such a pigs ear of running the airport. Flew to Florida from Cardiff in 2007 , crikey it wouldn't happen now.
I flew to Orlando from Cardiff myself in the early 2000's, seems crazy to think about now.

I'd love it if we could fly to worldwide destinations from a Welsh airport, but it seems clear we can't compete. If you live in South Wales, it's not that difficult to get to Bristol, which has far more options. If you're in Mid-Wales, I imagine Bristol or Birmingham are easy to get to and Manchester is obviously going to be easier if you live in North Wales.

Ireland having their own popular airport seems obvious, it being an island and all, while Scotland is far enough from Manchester that it's easier to attract carriers. Even then, I see lots of Scottish people talking about it being easier and cheaper to fly to London and take an international flight from there.

Feels like we want Cardiff Airport just to say we have our own airport, even when it's constantly losing money.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back