• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

I thought I was dreaming the 20mph limit

Agree with you on most of that, but why shouldn't we be able to fly to worldwide destinations from our own country? They do in Ireland , and in Scotland and England, why have they made such a pigs ear of running the airport. Flew to Florida from Cardiff in 2007 , crikey it wouldn't happen now.
You can fly to parts of the USA from Cardiff, not direct flights though.

I will always try my hardest to fly from Cardiff. It’s an airport, you’re only there a couple of hours outbound and even less on the way home.
I always look at Cardiff too, but they almost always don't have flights to my destination, or they're vastly more expensive. I don't care about the airport's facilities, but I'm not paying a lot more just to travel from a Welsh airport. I think I've used it once in the last 15 years and not much before that.

I always look at Cardiff too, but they almost always don't have flights to my destination, or they're vastly more expensive. I don't care about the airport's facilities, but I'm not paying a lot more just to travel from a Welsh airport. I think I've used it once in the last 15 years and not much before that.
Ah it also suits me for destinations, I mostly go to Mallorca or Menorca, can’t say I’ve noticed any big price difference to be honest.

I usually hit 50 flights a year and only 4 in recent times have involved Cardiff Airport; had to use KLM once to get to Maastricht and also used Qatar once before they pulled the plug. I’m not taking two flights when I can take one, even if it means going to Heathrow.

Yes, via here , or via there. Rather travel to Heathrow , book in a hotel and travel fresh the following day.
So would I for a long haul. But for a short hop to the Balearics, Cardiff airport is perfect.

So would I for a long haul. But for a short hop to the Balearics, Cardiff airport is perfect.
No argument against that. However Cardiff needs to aim higher than a Balearics type airport for six months of the year. Unfortunately I think it’s too late as Bristol and Birmingham have quite a stranglehold on Wales and west. It would take some significant funding (probably from the Welsh taxpayer, or in the best case a significant private backer) in order for ‘subsidised’ air fares from Cardiff which undercut Bristol.

What's the score with these electric bikes?
Loads around here working for Deliveroo and Just Eat, when the lights are on red they just skip onto the pavement and go around, are they a bike or a motorised vehicle?

What's the score with these electric bikes?
Loads around here working for Deliveroo and Just Eat, when the lights are on red they just skip onto the pavement and go around, are they a bike or a motorised vehicle?
If they have pedals as a means of propulsion, with top speed limited to 15 mph and are ridden by someone over the age of 14, then they are basically classed as normal push bike. There’s some limit on motor size as well but I can’t remember the detail.

If they have pedals as a means of propulsion, with top speed limited to 15 mph and are ridden by someone over the age of 14, then they are basically classed as normal push bike. There’s some limit on motor size as well but I can’t remember the detail.
Some of them go at a fair lick mind, only yesterday I saw one avoiding the lights and speeding over a lowered curb in the Uplands, just got me thinking an accident waiting to happen.
V. Meldrew 😡

Some of them go at a fair lick mind, only yesterday I saw one avoiding the lights and speeding over a lowered curb in the Uplands, just got me thinking an accident waiting to happen.
V. Meldrew 😡
15 mph doesn’t sound much, but I wouldn’t want to be hit by a bike doing that speed, and some of the ‘riders’ definitely appear to be risk takers. Their time is their money I suppose. Quite how it works from an insurance point of view is anyone’s guess.

V. Meldrew 😡
See them all the time and scooters who are mad as fuk I may add, some poor sod is gonna cop one on a pavement at some point or a scooter themselves with vehicles coming out of drives etc

See them all the time and scooters who are mad as fuk I may add, some poor sod is gonna cop one on a pavement at some point or a scooter themselves with vehicles coming out of drives etc
At the moment these electric bikes (for delivery workers) seem to be unregulated, as Coops said time is money to them, I've seen them going up Glanmore Hill at a fair old speed, then jumping on the pavement to avoid the lights at Tycoch by the college.

Fair enough, your pizza is going to get to you still hot but H&E goes out of the window...

V.Meldrew, Tycoch 😡

No argument against that. However Cardiff needs to aim higher than a Balearics type airport for six months of the year. Unfortunately I think it’s too late as Bristol and Birmingham have quite a stranglehold on Wales and west. It would take some significant funding (probably from the Welsh taxpayer, or in the best case a significant private backer) in order for ‘subsidised’ air fares from Cardiff which undercut Bristol.
I agree, it should offer more routes. It’s probably stuck though, because to add more routes it needs to be more popular, and as evidenced in this here thread, a lot of people won’t use it because it’s a shit airport / too expensive etc. as with the case of city centre shopping, people want more for less money.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back