• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Is it too early to start tucking into Mince Pies?

karnataka said:
Do you eat it every day?

Of course not, but I enjoy it when I do. I did have a portion today though Mrs brought me in a warm mince pie with a a dollop of ice cream with a cuppa after lunch :lol:

Niigata Jack said:
Of course not, but I enjoy it when I do. I did have a portion today though Mrs brought me in a warm mince pie with a a dollop of ice cream with a cuppa after lunch :lol:

Ok, the only reason I asked is because I do have ice cream every day interspersed with the occasional sorbet :shock: :D

karnataka said:
Ok, the only reason I asked is because I do have ice cream every day interspersed with the occasional sorbet :shock: :D

Only posh fkrs have sorbet, sack your butler. :lol:

karnataka said:
I don't think Lidl sorbet is posh at £2.49 for a 1 litre tub! :lol:

So you are posh and tight! :twisted: :lol:

jack123 said:
I take it, you don't like it? :D

Umm last time I had a coffee out, was about 17 months ago, and the establishment was a costa, it was ok, but certainly not worth the price they charge, honestly I do not buy coffee outside the house often to form an opinion, I would guess in all the years costa/starbucks have been open, between the two, I have used them around five times, I do enjoy if I'm there, looking at their fancies though, you know the little bits of chocolate for extortionate prices. :lol:

Edit: Just remembered, I nearly forgot last time I used a costa, was back in February whilst waiting for a good few hours for somebody up Morriston Hospital.

I prefer where possible to use independent places, money for local people and they pay their tax. My favourite sign I saw in Hitchin town centre was a place next door to a Starbucks that said "get your drink here, we'll spell your name correctly and we pay our tax" 😂

waynekerr55 said:
I prefer where possible to use independent places, money for local people and they pay their tax. My favourite sign I saw in Hitchin town centre was a place next door to a Starbucks that said "get your drink here, we'll spell your name correctly and we pay our tax" 😂

I know it doesn't help you Wayne, but for the coffee lovers in Swansea, the coffee experts in my team reckon Storm in a Teacup is the best in town. Doesn't hurt that it's run by Ian Curtis, son of Sir Alan Curtis.

Never too early, however, after last years attempt to find the best mince pies, our office polished off about 15 boxes before the christmas break. To be fair I was sick of the sight of them after that.
Opened our first box last week.😋👍

JackSomething said:
I know it doesn't help you Wayne, but for the coffee lovers in Swansea, the coffee experts in my team reckon Storm in a Teacup is the best in town. Doesn't hurt that it's run by Ian Curtis, son of Sir Alan Curtis.

I'm rarely back but I must head there, even if it is just to support Ian who is a top lad

waynekerr55 said:
I'm rarely back but I must head there, even if it is just to support Ian who is a top lad

If you do drive back here which route do you take? I need to cross MK and that’s become a right dogs dinner at rush hour.

Jack2jack said:
Never too early, however, after last years attempt to find the best mince pies, our office polished off about 15 boxes before the christmas break. To be fair I was sick of the sight of them after that.
Opened our first box last week.😋👍

You can't leave us in suspense, which mince pie was the winner?

JackSomething said:

And did you have a receipt in case there were some dodgy ones and you had to take them back

Cooperman said:
If you do drive back here which route do you take? I need to cross MK and that’s become a right dogs dinner at rush hour.

I either leave after 7pm or if in rush hour head for Warwick and back down

JackSomething said:
'Twas either Tesco or Aldi. Price/pie was also factored in to the equation, which might have skewed the result slightly.😋👍

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back