• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Is it too early to start tucking into Mince Pies?

Niigata Jack said:
Up at the big smoke soon for a few days, can you recommend any real ale pubs Wayne, staying near St Pauls, got a few things planned, but I know there's a fair few micro breweries in and around up there.

Warwick's your man for that, I'll ask him. The pubs in and around that area are usually pretty decent

jack123 said:
Wow, a mince pie thread, am I the only person that hates mince pies? I'll eat the pastry, but the filling is absolutely horrid. Oh yeah and Christmas pud,, :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: , yuk a fi..

You're not. I'm a recent convert to the mince pie, up until a few years ago they weren't my cup of rosy

waynekerr55 said:
You're not. I'm a recent convert to the mince pie, up until a few years ago they weren't my cup of rosy

Do you eat yours plain or do you put an accompaniment with it, like a dollop of cream or warm it and have a scoup of vanilla ice cream with it, which is my favourite option.

Niigata Jack said:
Do you eat yours plain or do you put an accompaniment with it, like a dollop of cream or warm it and have a scoup of vanilla ice cream with it, which is my favourite option.

Slightly warmed and with single cream. It's the only way.

Niigata Jack said:

Plain out of the pack with a coffee

waynekerr55 said:
Plain out of the pack with a coffee

I forget you're all coffee drinkers up there, ych y fi,

Its all Tea in this house, I do sometimes have a change to either Red or White wine although Beer takes precedence on a Saturday :lol:

Niigata Jack said:
I forget you're all coffee drinkers up there, ych y fi,

Its all Tea in this house, I do sometimes have a change to either Red or White wine although Beer takes precedence on a Saturday :lol:

I love tea, got a nice big box of Yorkshire tea bags in cupboard, I do drink coffee, I don't know why mind, couple of cups too many and I feel quite sick.

Mad though, how coffee has taken off the way it has, the likes of starbucks and costa, 3 quid plus for a coffee :lol: , and people pay it, strange why nobody has opened up a chain of tea shops, ordinary cup of tea, call it a fancy name and charge 3 quid plus for it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Premium cup of cha, with 2 Mcvities biscuits £5 :lol:

jack123 said:
I love tea, got a nice big box of Yorkshire tea bags in cupboard, I do drink coffee, I don't know why mind, couple of cups too many and I feel quite sick.

Mad though, how coffee has taken off the way it has, the likes of starbucks and costa, 3 quid plus for a coffee :lol: , and people pay it, strange why nobody has opened up a chain of tea shops, ordinary cup of tea, call it a fancy name and charge 3 quid plus for it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I drink the Yorkshire Tea, its a proper mans brew :lol:

jack123 said:

None of that Costa muck 😂

waynekerr55 said:
None of that Costa muck 😂

I take it, you don't like it? :D

Umm last time I had a coffee out, was about 17 months ago, and the establishment was a costa, it was ok, but certainly not worth the price they charge, honestly I do not buy coffee outside the house often to form an opinion, I would guess in all the years costa/starbucks have been open, between the two, I have used them around five times, I do enjoy if I'm there, looking at their fancies though, you know the little bits of chocolate for extortionate prices. :lol:

Edit: Just remembered, I nearly forgot last time I used a costa, was back in February whilst waiting for a good few hours for somebody up Morriston Hospital.

jack123 said:
I take it, you don't like it? :D

Umm last time I had a coffee out, was about 17 months ago, and the establishment was a costa, it was ok, but certainly not worth the price they charge, honestly I do not buy coffee outside the house often to form an opinion, I would guess in all the years costa/starbucks have been open, between the two, I have used them around five times, I do enjoy if I'm there, looking at their fancies though, you know the little bits of chocolate for extortionate prices. :lol:

Edit: Just remembered, I nearly forgot last time I used a costa, was back in February whilst waiting for a good few hours for somebody up Morriston Hospital.

Went for a Costa over the Morfa a few weeks ago with the wife, the coffee was average as was the food, and very overpriced, the lady serving us was basically thick as mince, she clearly undercharged us, being an honest person I asked her to check my order, realising her mistake she said "ooo have it on the house anyway" ...
Bargain 👀

Swanjaxs said:
Went for a Costa over the Morfa a few weeks ago with the wife, the coffee was average as was the food, and very overpriced, the lady serving us was basically thick as mince, she clearly undercharged us, being an honest person I asked her to check my order, realising her mistake she said "ooo have it on the house anyway" ...
Bargain 👀

Wow, you must be getting a decent wedge in work, to have food from there.. Honestly, If I see someone having food in the likes of costa/starbucks.. I think wow, they have made it in life, not to give 2 hoots about getting ripped off. I think I would have to win the lottery, before I bought a cake in there.

jack123 said:
Wow, you must be getting a decent wedge in work, to have food from there.. Honestly, If I see someone having food in the likes of costa/starbucks.. I think wow, they have made it in life, not to give 2 hoots about getting ripped off. I think I would have to win the lottery, before I bought a cake in there.
Had a sneaky bonus from work and was showing off in front of the missus kid 🤭

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back