• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Joey Barton on women commentating on men's football...

waynekerr55 said:
Box ticking and what exactly?

Don't bother trying to put me in a corner buddy, I just think she ain't that talented, but she's given way more chances than many other women .

LeonWasTheDog's said:
Judging by some of the comments here, football’s still got a long way to go.

Not just football, society as well. But football does seem to be the worst group.

sainthelens said:
Don't bother trying to put me in a corner buddy, I just think she ain't that talented, but she's given way more chances than many other women .

I'm not. I just don't understand why it's seen as "box ticking". She's played at the highest level of the women's game. I don't understand why people get so vexed about bloody commentators.

Awful comment, as Andy says above good and bad commentators on either side.
Anyhoo, simple answer is either turn the sound down or switch off, rocket science it ain't. Football ain't just for blokes now mind.👍

For some years now I’ve not bothered with build up or analysis. I put a game on as it starts and put it off when the final whistle goes. Whoever is commentating is irrelevant to me, I very rarely take any notice of who’s commentating or doing punditry. At least Barton has the balls to put his true feelings out there, however much of a wanker he is. He’s a bloke who doesn’t think women should be involved in men’s football in any capacity. A twat, but at least an honest one and not hiding behind the “I don’t care that they’re women but all women are rubbish pundits and don’t get me started on their screechy voices” nonsense. Those types are just cowards who are scared to say what Barton did. Similar to the “women’s football is of a poor standard”stuff from blokes who did nothing more athletic than drag their beer bellies around a Mynydd Newydd quagmire on a few Sunday mornings when they were in their 20s and dreaming they were Maradona.

Has anyone ever seen Claire Balding and Eddie Izzard in the same room ?

Whaleoilbeefhooked said:
The guy is a complete tw@t, but I Agee with the box ticking and quotas part of it.
It drives me nuts that you have to have a woman on a sports panel no matter what.

I've not noticed that. I have noticed that they seem to have to have a man on a sports panel no matter what.

You have male experts in football, like Guillem Balague and nobody bats an eyelid, but when a women steps into the studio.. Alex Scott, Carney all having abuse about their diction, but Shearer, Wright and Murphy barely has a wimper said about them.. it's an odd one.. maybe male menopause is an actual thing after all

I'm not interested in commentators on football. I'm hard of hearing and watch TV with subtitles on except for sport when they are intrusive on the picture. I turn the sound down low for sport.
As for pundits I found that Chelsea Women's manager who's going to manage USA outstanding during last year's World Cup. More tactically knowledgeable and far more likely to tell me something I didn't know than any other pundit, male or female.

J_B said:
I'm not interested in commentators on football. I'm hard of hearing and watch TV with subtitles on except for sport when they are intrusive on the picture. I turn the sound down low for sport.
As for pundits I found that Chelsea Women's manager who's going to manage USA outstanding during last year's World Cup. More tactically knowledgeable and far more likely to tell me something I didn't know than any other pundit, male or female.

Emma Hayes. Superb tactical analyst.

I prefer male commentators for absolutely no rational reason whatsoever other than it’s what I’ve been used to I suppose. I wish Sky had never been created and long for the old Division 1. Change is inevitable but it doesn’t mean you always have to like it.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
I love tick boxes, they are f*****g great. 👍

Which ones?

The pee cee gone mad ones or the I'm a misogynist venting my spleen ones.

Inquiring minds and all that.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back