• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Joey Barton on women commentating on men's football...

I dont like listening to the commentators much today,especially the ones that constantly talk all the time.Male or female.
Look back with fondness to Kenneth Wolstenholme,David Coleman ,Barry Davies and Brian Moore.Although I notice when I watch the Swans away games on the red button its not so sensational ,and the other night away at Leeds there was a female commentator who was rather good ,a lot of space between dialogue .I looked her up Robyn Cowen .Well known apparently but not to me.
Its all about quality not quantity meaning in this case constant chatter.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
Queens English is what you like....I blame the yanks for the down fall of the English language, innit mush

Americans have a lot to answer for yes.

This is hardly the most controversial viewpoint. Anyone who goes into broadcasting will be taught how to pronounce words eg English presenters will be expected to reference Welsh language when reading the news.

Anyone who is in the public eye be it broadcasting or public speaking will have some level of training in how to articulate themselves in a way that commands respect.

How do we feel if someone says landidno instead of ‘Llandudno’ it’s important this is basic stuff.

I don’t expect them to sound like Chumley Warner. I expect them to speak properly, this is definitely a race to the bottom.

There’s no way that elders say “innit” what ridiculous nonsense. That’s modernity right there and we shouldn’t celebrate that.

The only diction thing that really bugs me is Keown saying stremff instead of strength. Think Wrighty does too but he's not as obsessed with a player's stremff as Keown is so doesn't say it as often.

exiledclaseboy said:
I don’t believe the first bit if you’re actually from Swansea. And it doesn’t matter a jot to be what accent a TV presenter speaks in. Jamie Carragher speaks fluent Scouse. Alan Shearer drops geordie Hs all over the place. Ian Wright definitely doesn’t “speak properly” by your alleged standards. Roy Keane? Ally Mcoist? Karen Carney? Emma Haynes?

There is literally no such thing as “speaking properly”.

I've already pointed it out, it's odd that a women gets vilified fornot using the quintessential prose technique like

The water in Majorca doesn’t taste quite how it should.

Darran said:
Reminds of the Wirral Wánker.

The very worst, a proper outcast.
Can’t believe he’s still posting on a Swansea City fans forum.

Proper Jack said:
The very worst, a proper outcast.
Can’t believe he’s still posting on a Swansea City fans forum.

Who is this person you talk about?

If people ignored him he would go away

As long as the moron has access to social media he wont be going anywhere.
And, if it's alright with you, I'll reserve my right to highlight people like him, on this social media outlet, to bring such vile views (in my opinion) to the attention of sound of mind folk like ourselves to judge him...

Barton making waves cos it's all he's got left.
He's a non descrpt manager who was nothing but a thug on and off the field. And the quicker some mountain fckn lamps him into next week the better.

Swanjaxs said:
As long as the moron has access to social media he wont be going anywhere.
And, if it's alright with you, I'll reserve my right to highlight people like him, on this social media outlet, to bring such vile views (in my opinion) to the attention of sound of mind folk like ourselves to judge him...

Alright with me🤣. I couldn't give a flying fûck either way love, you crack on, I've got worse things to worry about.

Alright with me🤣. I couldn't give a flying fûck either way love, you crack on, I've got worse things to worry about.

Well instead of commenting on everything on here "you couldn't give a flying fùck about 24/7, try worrying about the things that matter to you more :lol:

I'm always here for you btw petal x

Swanjaxs said:
Well instead of commenting on everything on here "you couldn't give a flying fùck about 24/7, try worrying about the things that matter to you more :lol:

I'm always here for you btw petal x

Yeah good point, I'll leave you to keep giving Barton airtime. 👍

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back