• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

John Eustace

Better now than too late for new boss to have any input on the squad. Good to see we have moved quickly after seeming to settle on our main man

JoshTheJack said:
LeonWasTheDog's said:
Looking forward to seeing how this goes. As others have said, it seems a typical left field signing for us. Would have been nice to get all this sorted at the start of the summer, but we are where we are.
It's the Swansea way,We don't do boring summers!

Aye, there is that! Why make things easier eh?

JackSomething said:
ARQS said:
I am quite excited about this if it comes off.

Young manager, no failures under his belt, apparently played good football at Kidderminster, someone who enjoys coaching and developing players, speaks well, decent playing career.

Given the realistic options, I don't see many better than him, quite honestly.

I've seen that he was interviewed when we appointed Cooper and it could just be the club generating positive PR, but it's being suggested he was very impressive then and only just pipped by Cooper.

I'm choosing to be optimistic and believe it's true. They were all set on appointing Eustace as they thought he was the best choice, but then Cooper's PowerPoint presentation swayed them. Now they're making the appointment they should have made 2 years ago. Fingers crossed.
So Birch,Britton and Curt have done these interviews too? Otherwise how would Winter know what was said last time round?

Big John Eustace Barmy Army

Jonny Eustace Barmy Army

Eustace Jack Bastard

JustJack said:

Jonny Eustace Barmy Army

Eustace Jack Bastard

Lose the first 3 he'll soon become useless jack bastard.
If it is him, good luck John, by fck yer gonna need it.

Vetchonian said:
JackSomething said:
I've seen that he was interviewed when we appointed Cooper and it could just be the club generating positive PR, but it's being suggested he was very impressive then and only just pipped by Cooper.

I'm choosing to be optimistic and believe it's true. They were all set on appointing Eustace as they thought he was the best choice, but then Cooper's PowerPoint presentation swayed them. Now they're making the appointment they should have made 2 years ago. Fingers crossed.
So Birch,Britton and Curt have done these interviews too? Otherwise how would Winter know what was said last time round?

I'm sure Winter and the other decision makers at the club have spoken to the 3 mentioned above. Who knows, they may also somehow have access to Eustace's interview from 2 years ago using some modern fangled technology like video?

sainthelens said:
JustJack said:

Jonny Eustace Barmy Army

Eustace Jack Bastard

Lose the first 3 he'll soon become useless jack bastard.
If it is him, good luck John, by fck yer gonna need it.
On the upside, hopefully we'll be better entertained SH. Even if we lose.

Jinxy said:
I've heard Rangel will be the assistant. Great if true. Anyone else heard this?

That would be a big yes from me! Give the fans a huge boost before a ball is kicked.

Not sure if he ever had aspirations of coaching or done his badges though?

Risc said:
Jinxy said:
I've heard Rangel will be the assistant. Great if true. Anyone else heard this?

That would be a big yes from me! Give the fans a huge boost before a ball is kicked.

Not sure if he ever had aspirations of coaching or done his badges though?

But Rangel has questioned whether he wants to step into football management, after some bad experiences in the past.

“I think football is one of the possibilities for sure. I did my coaching badges nine years ago before I got into the Premier League with Swansea because I always wanted to be a coach.

“I’m not going to lie in saying that I’ve had some managers and coaches that I’ve not enjoyed working with in the past back with Swansea in my last few years, and that made me change a bit and ask myself whether I really want to be a coach. Can I be that sort of person that makes sure players are happy?

“It could be coaching or anything football related but it has to be within football. It’s been my whole life and I’d like to give back to the ones that are coming through the game.”

The 36-year-old hasn’t ruled out a return to former club Swansea City, but revealed that his relationship with their owners could prove to be a stumbling block on any potential move.

This is from 2019.

I have to say that if Eustace is appointed I would be surprised if there wasn't a role for Rangel here but that is a gut feel and no inside information

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back