• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

John Hollins RIP

Captain_Sham said:
I met him down Caswell Bay the Monday after Sousa blew the playoffs. He was in disbelief that we missed out. RIP Mr Hollins.

Sousa didn’t blow the playoffs. We went in to the last game with less chance than Martin’s team did last season and we’d never threatened during the season either.

Had a coffee n chat with him also down caswell..must be 4 yr ago. Lovely genuine fella and its very sad.
RIP Sir.

Itchysphincter said:
Sousa didn’t blow the playoffs. We went in to the last game with less chance than Martin’s team did last season and we’d never threatened during the season either.

Sousa did blow the playoffs. I remember coming home from Watford thinking we were safely in with 11 games to go.
We won 2 of those 11 and lost 5 of them to miss out by a point. 10 points from 11, relegation form for the final quarter of the season.

Itchysphincter said:

We were in the playoffs all the way until Sheff Utd the week before. LOL

Captain_Sham said:
We were in the playoffs all the way until Sheff Utd the week before. LOL

Well I stand corrected. I obviously remember it wrong but I didn’t think we were embedded in the playoffs at any time during that season, just the odd flirt and it was over barring a miracle before the final game.

I bought my first ever season ticket while Hollins was manager and haven’t renewed for the first time since then under Russ. Not sure what that says, if anything, about either or both of them or me. But anyway, RIP, John Hollins. You seemed like a lovely man.

Will always remember the season when it seemed that we won every game one nil. As soon as we scored, we were sure of getting at least a point.

Also the wonderful memories of the West Ham game away and the win at home. Bliss.

Thanks to John Hollins - always seemed such a gentleman in the true sense of the word,

RIP.

RIP. Just checked the stats for 1999/2000 season, 24 clean sheets, only 30 goals conceded all season and only 51 scored!! Did John still live in the Swansea area?

Ipswichswan said:
RIP. Just checked the stats for 1999/2000 season, 24 clean sheets, only 30 goals conceded all season and only 51 scored!! Did John still live in the Swansea area?

Yes.He had flat right next to Caswell Bay.

A fck, another part of the Swans history is now truly history.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back