• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Some John Hollins tales

He told me a story one night about one game where he got cut in half from behind in an horrific tackle,Chopper Harris ran over and said “I’ve got this John.”
Ten minutes later said player is being carried off on a stretcher. :lol:

BlackaPearl10 said:
The name rings a bell - or am I maybe thinking of the late comedian Jeremy Hardy? … The promtion season under JH also coincided with the widespread rollout of that there Interweb… Gary Martin’s site and Phil’s Jackarmy.net and being an exile soon hooked up with not just familiar faces on trains and terraces but a much wider audience - Soon the SEALS were revived and we were quite a big, drunken but largely peaceful travelling mob by 2000/01. I met some top blokes thru these sites during the Hollins era - not just PS, Gary M, Dai Smith and his boys… but Stu Mac, Rich L, Mike Kent, Dai Little,J Dubbs, Daf, James White…and so on…. I will always hold the Hollins era in the greatest nostalgic regard even though hope was soon replaced by despair ( an oft repeated historical scenario for Swans fans) … the relegation was ironically the watershed moment for the formation of the Trust and galvanised by us “SO CALLED INTERNET FANS” ©️Mike “String Vest Chippendale” Lewis….Went dark for a bit after JH left but not long after came Flynny, Trunds and Rubbertoe and off we flew. RIP John H. Lovely fella…who just became a bit more lovelier in my eyes after reading Dazza’s posts. Those were the days my friend….

Does the name Nigel Drean ring any bells? He was a mate of Jeremy Harding and a member of the SEALS

karnataka said:
Does the name Nigel Drean ring any bells? He was a mate of Jeremy Harding and a member of the SEALS

Yes mate - He used to post on here as Newport Jack I think…?

We've had an invite to Johns memorial at Stamford Bridge next week though it’s highly unlikely we’ll make it because Amy’s not up to it

Darran said:
We've had an invite to Johns memorial at Stamford Bridge next week though it’s highly unlikely we’ll make it because Amy’s not up to it

Best wishes.

karnataka said:

Both were regular posters on this site in the early days of JackArmy.net (certainly from the same era as you have been referring to)

Uxy I would imagine would still be in contact with Jeremy. NIgel used to have a seat maybe 7/8 for me at the Liberty but he stopped going during the PL years but the guys he used to travel with alot to games are still regulars.

When my memory allows I'll remind you of the usernames they have on here - I don't think Nigel was NewportJack I think he was Mork.

PSumbler said:
Both were regular posters on this site in the early days of JackArmy.net (certainly from the same era as you have been referring to)

Uxy I would imagine would still be in contact with Jeremy. NIgel used to have a seat maybe 7/8 for me at the Liberty but he stopped going during the PL years but the guys he used to travel with alot to games are still regulars.

When my memory allows I'll remind you of the usernames they have on here - I don't think Nigel was NewportJack I think he was Mork.
Ah yes, Mork, you're absolutely right, that was Nigel's board name. Well remembered, there's still hope for you yet :D

karnataka said:
Ah yes, Mork, you're absolutely right, that was Nigel's board name. Well remembered, there's still hope for you yet :D

Not much, but some... :lol: :lol:

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back