• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Some John Hollins tales

Great stories there Darran.

My brother told me about the Rotherham game fans on the pitch before the whistle went Hollins came over to get the fans off the pitch then picked up a £10 note in the 6 yard box put it in his pocket and walked off.

Thanks for sharing Dar. Wonderful stories. That away game at Peterborough remains one of my faves of all time. The unusual choice of pub (🤠), the banter, the game itself and the fact that everyone in the away end seemed to have polished off the last of their Xmas booze stash before KO ! 🤣

Thanks for sharing that Darren. That was a fantastic read.
All the tributes made towards John Hollins show how a remarkable down to earth person he really was.
Football could do with more John Hollins types.

I haven’t posted on here for years, but what a wonderful post sharing your memories about John Hollins.
Absolutely fantastic, best wishes to you and your family Darren.

Enjoyed reading that, fair do’s, puts my tales of banana sandwiches, squirrel proof bird feeders and dad troubling strangers in Tesco over crunchy nut to shame.

Well told old bean!

On the Tuesday or Wednesday night after we’d beaten Exeter to be promoted the Swans took a very young youth team to play Briton Ferry Athletic in a friendly and John played for a hour.
The way he talked to and coached the players through the game was fascinating.
He didn’t stop talking,”keep it simple,pass it,pass it,keep it simple,keep it simple”

Only just catching up with a few threads after a busy few days and that was a fantastic read Dar. Must have been an amazing few years for the whole family. 😊😊😊😊😊

BlackaPearl10 said:
Thanks for sharing Dar. Wonderful stories. That away game at Peterborough remains one of my faves of all time. The unusual choice of pub (🤠), the banter, the game itself and the fact that everyone in the away end seemed to have polished off the last of their Xmas booze stash before KO ! 🤣

I have my own unusual memory of that great Peterborough away game. I bumped into a guy called Jeremy Harding who I'd known from the SEALS days in the late 80s (South East & London Swans) so sat with him to watch the game. He had his very young son with him and at half time he laid his son across his lap and changed his nappy to the great amusement of all those sitting around us! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Haven't seen Jeremy since that day. Does anyone recognise the name? He used to be a plod in the 80s but got a feeling he'd moved to Newport by the time of that Posh game.

Thanks for posting this Darran, reading it made my day so much better. Perhaps you could let the Hollins family know about it, could you send it to Chelsea or Swansea HR teams to pass on to them, or send it to somewhere on Facebook? Or of course, on their Fans Forum. It was a great post from you.

karnataka said:
I have my own unusual memory of that great Peterborough away game. I bumped into a guy called Jeremy Harding who I'd known from the SEALS days in the late 80s (South East & London Swans)

The name rings a bell - or am I maybe thinking of the late comedian Jeremy Hardy? … The promtion season under JH also coincided with the widespread rollout of that there Interweb… Gary Martin’s site and Phil’s Jackarmy.net and being an exile soon hooked up with not just familiar faces on trains and terraces but a much wider audience - Soon the SEALS were revived and we were quite a big, drunken but largely peaceful travelling mob by 2000/01. I met some top blokes thru these sites during the Hollins era - not just PS, Gary M, Dai Smith and his boys… but Stu Mac, Rich L, Mike Kent, Dai Little,J Dubbs, Daf, James White…and so on…. I will always hold the Hollins era in the greatest nostalgic regard even though hope was soon replaced by despair ( an oft repeated historical scenario for Swans fans) … the relegation was ironically the watershed moment for the formation of the Trust and galvanised by us “SO CALLED INTERNET FANS” ©️Mike “String Vest Chippendale” Lewis….Went dark for a bit after JH left but not long after came Flynny, Trunds and Rubbertoe and off we flew. RIP John H. Lovely fella…who just became a bit more lovelier in my eyes after reading Dazza’s posts. Those were the days my friend….

Glyn1 said:
Thanks for posting this Darran, reading it made my day so much better. Perhaps you could let the Hollins family know about it, could you send it to Chelsea or Swansea HR teams to pass on to them, or send it to somewhere on Facebook? Or of course, on their Fans Forum. It was a great post from you.

I believe they’ve seen it Glyn.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back