• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Kwasi Kwarteng's giveaway to the super rich

And let's not forget the role of media platforming goons like the IEA who now run government. Who the fùck elected the IEA?

Anyone who still believes the long disproved myth that the Tories are the party of economic competence must surely have wised up by now. Probably not though. Mugs.

Honestly the only thing that astonishes me is how it hasn't turned into mass protest and disorder by now

Oh well, look on the bright side, every single Cabinet member benefits from the 45p cut. That's good news isn't it?

JustJack said:
Honestly the only thing that astonishes me is how it hasn't turned into mass protest and disorder by now

Because as a nation Britain is wildly apathetic and way too many still unthinkingly decide that the Tories are in it to look after them. As I said, mugs.

exiledclaseboy said:
JustJack said:

Because as a nation Britain is wildly apathetic and way too many still unthinkingly decide that the Tories are in it to look after them. As I said, mugs.

It amazes me on how many people who find themselves comfortable in life who support the Tory's, most of my work is around Caerphilly, Ystrad Mynach, Blackwood, Nelson etc and there's a lot of support for the Tory's and indeed Boris who lots think was stabbed in the back and feel he did well, its a good job I'm good at biting my lip, I'm embarrassed for they're blindness of their support of the Tory's :lol:

Niigata Jack said:
exiledclaseboy said:

It amazes me on how many people who find themselves comfortable in life who support the Tory's, most of my work is around Caerphilly, Ystrad Mynach, Blackwood, Nelson etc and there's a lot of support for the Tory's and indeed Boris who lots think was stabbed in the back and feel he did well, its a good job I'm good at biting my lip, I'm embarrassed for they're blindness of their support of the Tory's :lol:

It is incomprehensible. I live in a (currently) Tory area although the LibDems under Clegg did win in one GE and are almost guaranteed to win in the next one but every time, a little old couple drive up our lane dropping off Tory leaflets at every house stopping to talk if someone comes to the door and asking if they "can count on your support" . I can't wait for their next visit. I will be writing a list of suitable phrases, such as "blood sucking vermin" and similar :twisted: Normally I am my usual polite and respectful self but anyone who will be so openly and unashamedly supporting the blood-suckling vermin is likely to make me rather angry and get both barrels this time around as I tear up their leaflet in front of them. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

exiledclaseboy said:
JustJack said:

Without wishing to sound provocative perhaps this is a hard lesson that people need to go through

Professor said:
Would be interested to hear Lisa’s views. As I see it the government are saying unless you work in finance/banking you are pretty worthless. Being a professional means nothing: Scientists, doctors, lawyers, engineers-all those things you were meant to aspire to. Next week I start mentoring as part of scheme to help kids from poor backgrounds towards careers in life sciences. I may was well tell them to deal drugs or rob houses as work hard to achieve. It’s shameful.

I think it is both economically illiterate and morally reprehensible. Hence the reaction of the markets which don’t care too much about the morality but recognise an economic disaster when they see one.

An obscenity of a budget from an obscenity of a government.

We cannot borrow to fund free school meals for disadvantaged children but can borrow to fund tax cuts for the wealthiest.

The reality is that this was the end game for Brexit. The only two ways in which brexit could ‘work’ were replacing trade with the EU with trade with other major countries and trading blocks or turning the U.K. into a zero regulation, low tax economy to attract investment from the repugnant. We have been unable to deliver the first so are attempting to deliver the second.
The issue is that the future of the U.K. is being gambled on the well-being of the poorest while the richest get a safety net.
The only positive is that it is only 50:50 to actually happen. They’ve managed to come up with an economic plan so horrific that I don’t believe it will ever get to that place. They stand a very good chance of not lasting until April when it comes into force.

As an aside, if a Labour chancellor acted as Kwarteng did during the Queen’s funeral they wouldn’t have lasted long enough to make the statement.

Niigata Jack said:
exiledclaseboy said:

Boris a Johnson wouldn’t p*ss on them if they were on fire. He has utter contempt for them. I couldn’t be more angry at their stupidity.

Londonlisa2001 said:
Professor said:
Would be interested to hear Lisa’s views. As I see it the government are saying unless you work in finance/banking you are pretty worthless. Being a professional means nothing: Scientists, doctors, lawyers, engineers-all those things you were meant to aspire to. Next week I start mentoring as part of scheme to help kids from poor backgrounds towards careers in life sciences. I may was well tell them to deal drugs or rob houses as work hard to achieve. It’s shameful.

I think it is both economically illiterate and morally reprehensible. Hence the reaction of the markets which don’t care too much about the morality but recognise an economic disaster when they see one.

We cannot borrow to fund free school meals for disadvantaged children but can borrow to fund tax cuts for the wealthiest.

The reality is that this was the end game for Brexit. The only two ways in which brexit could ‘work’ were replacing trade with the EU with trade with other major countries and trading blocks or turning the U.K. into a zero regulation, low tax economy to attract investment from the repugnant. We have been unable to deliver the first so are attempting to deliver the second.
The issue is that the future of the U.K. is being gambled on the well-being of the poorest while the richest get a safety net.
The only positive is that it is only 50:50 to actually happen. They’ve managed to come up with an economic plan so horrific that I don’t believe it will ever get to that place. They stand a very good chance of not lasting until April when it comes into force.

As an aside, if a Labour chancellor acted as Kwarteng did during the Queen’s funeral they wouldn’t have lasted long enough to make the statement.

Thanks Lisa

It’s so godawful, immoral and corrupt I thought there must be some vague economic theory that recommends this. But then by first thought, and second, third ….. was it is just bollox

Kwarteng is just looking after the rich who fund the tories and funded Brexit.

Embarrassing Wales voted for Brexit to give control of everything to these crooks. :oops:

Lisa “We cannot borrow to fund free school meals for disadvantaged children but can borrow to fund tax cuts for the wealthiest.”. This, and similar regarding NHS and long term care for YOUR loved ones, should be the opposition attack line day after day after day, incessant and ubiquitous.

Labour are annoying me by being so timorous and cautious. They need to wipe the floor with them and paint a colourful aspirational vision of fair redistribution.

The whole thing is sickening. These ‘conservatives’ are venal disgusting reptiles and vermin. I hope you are right that it won’t sustain long enough to implement. I have less faith in MPs, the public, the press and process to achieve that and not hide the reality while people starve, freeze, die without treatment, suffer and despair. We actually need widespread rioting and a general strike, plus, even if it opens a Pandora’s container of all the evils, the likes of Rees Mogg hanging from lamp posts. Too much? Maybe I’m really French. They enrage me so much with the wilful and gleeful misery they cause, I really do wish them harm. Not good for me.

Professor said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

Thanks Lisa

It’s so godawful, immoral and corrupt I thought there must be some vague economic theory that recommends this. But then by first thought, and second, third ….. was it is just bollox

There is an economic theory that recommends it. Unfortunately it is bollocks. Probably advocated by idiots like Minford. If you have strong stomach, read Britannia Unchained. This is them in the raw. Stupid, ignorant, privileged zealots.

Probably easier to stomach, look at what Heath and Barber (I think) tried in 1972 and the results. I remember my father’s sleepless nights, and he was still a die hard Tory and still would be if alive (I think it’s hard coded in people of a certain age and those that believe the Daily Heil). Unfortunately Labour carried the can then, and we got Thatcher. I can see Labour again being blamed for everything if they get in, as this damage will be irreparable for a whole generation of our kids/grandkids, maybe even great grandkids if you’re my age.

monmouth said:
Labour are annoying me by being so timorous and cautious. They need to wipe the floor with them and paint a colourful aspirational vision of fair redistribution.

This. THIS. THIS.

I remember Theresa May's ludicrous "strong and stable" electioneering. Her advisers were shit. Has Keir since snapped them up?

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back