• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Kwasi Kwarteng's giveaway to the super rich

I don’t understand why some people’s first instinct on this stuff is to have a pop at Labour.

exiledclaseboy said:
I don’t understand why some people’s first instinct on this stuff is to have a pop at Labour.

Unbelievable in it the Torys have been in No 10 for 12yrs and now we got another unelected PM at the helm.

Although Labour do deserve some blame for being an absolute shambles of an opposition party for most of those 12yrs and they are still useless, Starmer is a wet lettuce as a leader and the less said about Corbyn the better.

What happens with the desperate funding the NHS needs now? as that money looks to have been redistributed to pay for these tax cuts, the rise in National insurance was going to help the NHS, but that decision has now been mothballed.

I’ve given up a long time ago even half believing what most politicians say.
They prefer to play their inter party games than facing issues head on.

With all that in mind, added to it, is the energy costs. I am fed up of hearing, and being taken as granted, the line of “well that’s the global price”

It’s not, the price to produce is basically the same as before, but PEOPLE decide to charge more because of demand.

That’s plain and simple Profiteering.
Greed over human decency

exiledclaseboy said:

It’s not. I want to kill the tories, I am merely annoyed that Labour aren’t the 40 points ahead they should be now and panicking them into different choices. A lot of that in my opinion is because of the scaredy cat nonsense based around focus groups and trying to get people that will never vote Labour to vote Labour.

I understand the let them destroy themselves approach but two years of this would be irreparable, and just wait until the media machine gets going close to an election. Labour doesn’t have to do policies jus draw the distinctions between a bunch of scum and a better outcome.

I don’t say this often but you are wrong here. That said I have a strong instinct to blame Corbyn and his cult boys for enabling this in the first place. So maybe you are right after all.

Doesn’t stop the tories being despicable cunts.

exiledclaseboy said:

Helps them to internally justify their cross in the Tory box next time around.

monmouth said:
exiledclaseboy said:

It’s not. I want to kill the tories, I am merely annoyed that Labour aren’t the 40 points ahead they should be now and panicking them into different choices. A lot of that in my opinion is because of the scaredy cat nonsense based around focus groups and trying to get people that will never vote Labour to vote Labour.

I understand the let them destroy themselves approach but two years of this would be irreparable, and just wait until the media machine gets going close to an election. Labour doesn’t have to do policies jus draw the distinctions between a bunch of scum and a better outcome.

I don’t say this often but you are wrong here. That said I have a strong instinct to blame Corbyn and his cult boys for enabling this in the first place. So maybe you are right after all.

Doesn’t stop the tories being despicable c***s.

I Understand your frustration but I think you’re giving too much power to what opposition leaders and non government parties are capable of when a government has a stonking majority and we are years away from an election. Most people won’t really know who Starmer is until we get within sniffing distance of polling day. Corbyn was largely an unknown quantity to most of the public as the 2017 result shows.

Remember Even in Blair’s 97 landslide the Tories still got 30% of the vote. England is a Tory nation and a tough nut to crack for any Labour leader and voters don’t like to be told they’ve voted for gilded, elitist c**ts at the best of times.

https://amp.lbc.co.uk/news/conservative-party-chairman-anger-earn-more-money/

Personally quotes from MPs, whatever their persuasion, like "People know that when their bills arrive, they can either cut their consumption or they can get a higher salary, higher wages, go out there and get that new job" make me apoplectic with impotent rage. But presumably for every person who reacts as I do there's a voter somewhere nodding sagely in approval.

There are apparently a number of "Enough is Enough" protests being held today yet curiously the mainstream media seem to have missed them.

exiledclaseboy said:

That’s what happens when you’ve got almost the entire media implicitly or explicitly holding you to a higher standard than the Tories in perpetuity.

Also conservative arguments are easier to digest for the hard of thinking.

Cut benefits for the poorest to fund tax cuts for the richest. It’s what Tories have always done of course but at least now it’s clear. Crystal clear.

Over to you, Tory voters.

Best_loser said:
Laughing stock

What no-one's mentioned in the media round this morning yet is the £65 billion the BOE had to spend to prop up the pound last week, public funds which went into the pockets of hedge fund speculators. Possibly some of the same speculators Kamikasi Kwarteng was at a cocktail party with on the day of his mini budget announcement.
Rotten to the core.

"Mr Kwarteng said in a statement posted on Twitter that “it is clear that the abolition of the 45p tax rate has become a distraction from our overriding mission to tackle the challenges facing our country”.

He said: "As a result, I am announcing we are not proceeding with the abolition of the 45p tax rate. We get it, and we have listened."

Pegojack said:
Best_loser said:
Laughing stock

What no-one's mentioned in the media round this morning yet is the £65 billion the BOE had to spend to prop up the pound last week, public funds which went into the pockets of hedge fund speculators. Possibly some of the same speculators Kamikasi Kwarteng was at a cocktail party with on the day of his mini budget announcement.
Rotten to the core.

Of course not Pego. The media and the useful idiots (in Wales at least) are too busy having a pop at Drakeford and Welsh Labour spending £17k to send a band to Qatar. That's far more important than getting worked up about the Tories enriching their mates to the tune of £65b...

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back