• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Langstaff

Just knew we would be going for him, I got massive doubts though wether he can step up to this level, but Luke knows him so hopefully it pays off.

Don't know I feel about it if it happens.

27yr old who hasn't done it past league 2, would hope that the 7 figure isn't past 1M.

Just watched a video of his goals at Notts County.
We’ll need to start playing the ball forwards a lot more.

Notts co dropped quickly away from the play offs when Luke left, gotta think that Langstaff leaving was in the offing.
It's a big gamble, we are wary cos Yates has been shite. But anything would be an upgrade on him.

Fee seems a bit excessive for a player at the wrong end of his twenties and hasn't been tested at a decent level.

Would rather we spent the money unearthing another player like Ronald. I guess it's a transfer being pushed for by the manager.

Jury is out for me, on this one.

41 goals 6 assists in non league in 22/23 and 29 goals 4 assists in league two in 23/24.
Bulk of both of those seasons were under the guidance of Williams.
I could see why he would want to push for him as his new main man.

At least LW knows the player, the levels he has played and should be in a position to work out if he can cut it at our level.

At least LW knows the player, the levels he has played and should be in a position to work out if he can cut it at our level.
That's true, at least this isn't a complete punt in to the unknown. The only stumbling block for me, is any potential fee.

Similar to Martin with Downes, O’Reilly, Ogbene and Key.
Fingers crossed LW has a few more ideas to go with Langstaff (who does look deadly).

Don't reckon it will be that much? surely not.

Last edited:
Don't reckon it will be that much? surely not.
£1m or so plus add ons for a striker who has destroyed conference league and league two in the past two seasons wouldn't be terrible business. We sold Whittaker for £1m who had nowhere near the kind of numbers Langstaff has got, just like us I would suspect that Notts County would demand a tasty sell on fee in case he does make it big but £1m would in my opinion be a reasonable fee for a side who doesn't want to sell their star striker.

41 goals 6 assists in non league in 22/23 and 29 goals 4 assists in league two in 23/24.
Bulk of both of those seasons were under the guidance of Williams.
I could see why he would want to push for him as his new main man.
Still a big jump up, but yeah you can see why LW is interested.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back