• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Luke not filling me with confidence

That's absolutely not true and anyone who had said as such is also off their chunk.

Bottom 6 wage bills do not pay their captain close to 20k a week and Kristian f*king Pedersen 15k per week

Our wage bill is 100% close to the bottom of the league. Why do you think we couldn’t offer Lowe terms, why do you think we missed out on so many players all summer. We do not compete money wise.

There are exceptions like you say, Grimes being the main one. We are a bottom third team in terms of budget, complete fact, anyone who thinks that’s not true, is off their chunk as you say.

Just had a look for a good hour at our accounts

Where did you find your information from, unless it's from Swiss Ramble, you're talking through your a*se with all these guesstimate sites, last season 17.9m loss.. we sold Obafemi for a reported 3.5m
Joseph in-between 300/600k
Whittaker 1m
Ntcham free transfer
Piroe 10m
Benda 800k

16 million in transfer fees and operating at a loss of 17.9m at years end, this years loss is going to be even more

Eom Ji Sung 1m reported
Franco 1.5m reported
Bianchini 2m reported
Vipotnik signing on fee
Vigouroux 500k reported

Operating at a 20+ million loss after receiving 16 million in transfer fees last season

No it won’t be more at all, you’re talking absolute nonsense, and living in a dream world. You go on about guesstimates and then come out with all the fees as “reported fees” 😂😂😂

Also, one of the smallest squads in the league, players on big wages moved out and not replaced. If you can’t see it’s been a big cost cutting exercise undertaken then you can’t be helped, and fans like you demanding top 6 / top 8 aren’t helping anyone. Unrealistic and pathetic to be honest.

Last edited:
No it won’t be more at all, you’re talking absolute nonsense, and living in a dream world. You go on about guesstimates and then come out with all the fees as “reported fees” 😂😂😂

Also, one of the smallest squads in the league, players on big wages moved out and not replaced. If you can’t see it’s been a big cost cutting exercise undertaken then you can’t be helped, and fans like you demanding top 6 / top 8 aren’t helping anyone. Unrealistic and pathetic to be honest.
All well and good, but lack of ambition will kill ANY team, stone dead. Players haven't clicked, but for me that's down to coaching. At the start of the season Williams said he wanted a team and style of football that would "excite the fans", well maybe try attacking more? Get your midfield captain out of the defence and actually into midfield AND facing/going forwards? If half the Premier League are looking at Abdulai as an attacking number 10 then possibly take him off the wing where his lack of pace isn't his Achilles heel. Maybe keep Fulton as a last resort if no-one else is available? None of this is rocket science, and blaming the fans for "expecting too much" is a shocking way to defend an inept manager. In any case it looks like he'll be gone soon, unless he changes his ways, just like his "mentor", Martin, in the Premier League.

Go forward,you *****. Run, you ****. Shoot, you *****

That’s all he needs to say. Try and actually win some games. He’s now given the players all the excuses they need to stroll around doing naff all and pick up their ridiculous wages.

He’s looking more like a complete dud every week. Apart from one match against a terrified and spooked scum, what exactly has he done here? What exactly has improved? Which players look better because of his ‘coaching’? What has he brought to tactics and style?

Naff all, that’s what. He needs to shut his moaning in public and pull his finger out of his arse and actually do his job with what he has.

He seemed like he didn’t want to be there and had to be prompted/pushed into giving any info. I agree some of his comments are a bit bazaar and don’t match what we see on the pitch. There are some genuine reasons, not excuses, but they have been created by the club and staff.

He seemed like he didn’t want to be there and had to be prompted/pushed into giving any info. I agree some of his comments are a bit bazaar and don’t match what we see on the pitch. There are some genuine reasons, not excuses, but they have been created by the club and staff.
I think the Wycombe game was a real punch in the guts for everyone.
It was too bad to be classed as a wake up call, a real frightener in every way.
Hopefully we can get some wind in our sails today and the new boys click.

All this talk about our small budget, didn't seem to hurt us the last time we were in this division. Our record signing before promotion was David Cotterill at £600k and I am confident we weren't offering big wages to signings.

If you want a more recent example, didn't Luton have one of the smallest budget in the Championship when they were promoted?

I'm not going to argue that this club is well-run, but as others have said, it doesn't help managers like Luke with some of the sides they choose and the tactics they employ.

Martin was coping pelters on Talksport this afternoon, Martin is trying to play they game he wants, but doesn't have the players with the quality to play his game, I said it virtually from the start of his tenure here and now its the same at Saints where he has better quality players, but they are still not good enough to carry out his tactics.

Its a horses for courses job and its a simple one, play the game to the strength's of your squad, he should know their strong points so play to them and improve the product that way, the players become more confident and obviously then improve and the stronger the team becomes which will enable the club to afford to add a few better players.
He was the new messiah when doing the exact same thing with us.

All well and good, but lack of ambition will kill ANY team, stone dead. Players haven't clicked, but for me that's down to coaching. At the start of the season Williams said he wanted a team and style of football that would "excite the fans", well maybe try attacking more? Get your midfield captain out of the defence and actually into midfield AND facing/going forwards? If half the Premier League are looking at Abdulai as an attacking number 10 then possibly take him off the wing where his lack of pace isn't his Achilles heel. Maybe keep Fulton as a last resort if no-one else is available? None of this is rocket science, and blaming the fans for "expecting too much" is a shocking way to defend an inept manager. In any case it looks like he'll be gone soon, unless he changes his ways, just like his "mentor", Martin, in the Premier League.

It’s not always down to coaching, other teams can afford better players it’s pretty simple to be honest and safety in this league is unfortunately where our aim lies.

Do you actually believe what you said about Abdulai? Half the prem want him? Are you off your rocker.

Yeah you’re last sentence, if he doesn’t sort it, he’ll end up like Martin, you know, in the premier league, a league above where we are.

we lost 12m+ 3 seasons ago and 17.9m 2 seasons ago.. fair play, it's a cost cutting exercise.. those darn yanks etc

It’s not always down to coaching, other teams can afford better players it’s pretty simple to be honest and safety in this league is unfortunately where our aim lies.

Do you actually believe what you said about Abdulai? Half the prem want him? Are you off your rocker.

Yeah you’re last sentence, if he doesn’t sort it, he’ll end up like Martin, you know, in the premier league, a league above where we are.
Errr no, when I said "half the Premier League" I was merely making a point that several clubs in a higher league than us are interested in a player many of our fans don't rate, but who's being played out of position by a manager who sees no harm in that. It was an exaggeration to make a point. Wonder which one of us is "out of our mind", myself? Or maybe someone who takes a comment made for effect and believes every word of it? Maybe this world is too subtle for you? Who knows?
You also seem to want to bypass the fact that Martin has lost his first 3 games, lost due to an obsession at the altar of "possession".
The point of having better players is a moot point. If just spending money on better and more costly players was the be all and end all, then Chelsea and Man Utd would be neck and neck with Man City and Arsenal.
Luke needs to realise one simple fact: if you don't buy a ticket, you can't win the raffle. Hence why having 80% of a game, with NO shots on target, actually ends up in defeat.

Last edited:
we lost 12m+ 3 seasons ago and 17.9m 2 seasons ago.. fair play, it's a cost cutting exercise.. those darn yanks etc

I’m not criticising the cost cutting, so no idea what you are going on about. But it’s a 100% fact it’s happening as we speak in terms of wage bill.

The reason the cost cutting is happening is due to those losses you’re talking about so I have not got a clue what you’re going on about

Errr no, when I said "half the Premier League" I was merely making a point that several clubs in a higher league than us are interested in a player many of our fans don't rate, but who's being played out of position by a manager who sees no harm in that. It was an exaggeration to make a point. Wonder which one of us us "out of our mind", myself? Or maybe someone who takes a comment made for effect and believes every word of it? Maybe this world is too subtle for you? Who knows?
You also seem to want to bypass the fact that Martin has lost his first 3 games, lost due to an obsession at the altar of "possession".
The point of having better players is a moot point. If just spending money on better and more costly players was the be all and end all, then Chelsea and Man Utd would be neck and neck with Man City and Arsenal.
Luke needs to realise one simple fact: if you don't buy a ticket, you can't win the raffle. Hence why having 80% of a game, with NO shots on target, actually ends up in defeat.

Said who? His agent to some football websites. Of course they aren’t interested ffs no manager has played him in central midfield since he’s broken into first team fold.

We are playing against clubs with a lot more resources than us, paying twice if not more the wages, we will not be challenging at the top end with this current crop of players.

Said who? His agent to some football websites. Of course they aren’t interested ffs no manager has played him in central midfield since he’s broken into first team fold.

We are playing against clubs with a lot more resources than us, paying twice if not more the wages, we will not be challenging at the top end with this current crop of players.
Aye, all those expensive players that Cooper had at his disposal in order to get us into two play-offs, including the final of one of them. You really haven't grasped this argument, have you? No more please, unless you can come up with something better.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back