• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Martin Morgan

Jacket

First Team Player
Reaction score
What is up with Martin Morgan? He seems to be throwing cash at this club like confetti in the past few weeks what with the naming rights and this Travel House sponsorship today. Why this sudden burst of generosity? Is he money laundering or something (I say this in jest of course before his legal team jump the gun).

Now, I'm not suggesting for one second that the man is on the bones of his arse, he did get quite a payout a few years back after all, but I'm guessing it's not been a stellar year or two for Travel House or Morgans Hotel so why is he slpashing the cash now?

I may be a cynic, it may be that the lockdown has made him re-evaluate his priorities. Maybe his son is missing his ball boy job and wants it back, who knows?

But it does look ominously like he's weeding his way back into the club. Is there something bigger afoot? Are the yanks looking for a way out? One thing is for sure, something's off with all of this.

Jacket said:
What is up with Martin Morgan? He seems to be throwing cash at this club like confetti in the past few weeks what with the naming rights and this Travel House sponsorship today. Why this sudden burst of generosity? Is he money laundering or something (I say this in jest of course before his legal team jump the gun).

Now, I'm not suggesting for one second that the man is on the bones of his arse, he did get quite a payout a few years back after all, but I'm guessing it's not been a stellar year or two for Travel House or Morgans Hotel so why is he slpashing the cash now?

I may be a cynic, it may be that the lockdown has made him re-evaluate his priorities. Maybe his son is missing his ball boy job and wants it back, who knows?

But it does look ominously like he's weeding his way back into the club. Is there something bigger afoot? Are the yanks looking for a way out? One thing is for sure, something's off with all of this.

What do you mean back?
Swansea.com were our shirt sponsor for a year, Travel House have always been in and around
Hes not the only ex owner whos still got their businesses still tainting our club *cough*Dineen*cough*

Jacket said:

It's always been in the back of my mind that the sellouts might want back in.The thought of it makes my blood boil.My only hope is that things soured so much with the Americans that they wouldn't sell back to them but when money is involved some people tend to lose their moral compass.

I think the Americans are in this for the long term,Can they sell while the legal dispute is still going on?

JackBaston said:
Jacket said:

What do you mean back?
Swansea.com were our shirt sponsor for a year, Travel House have always been in and around
Hes not the only ex owner whos still got their businesses still tainting our club *cough*Dineen*cough*

Just that this is the most high profile move made by him or any of the others since the sell out. As I say it may be a business decision to try and mitigate for example any negativity held towards Pure Football due to his involvement. It looks a big statement to me though, or a big red flag to what he may be plotting next.

Neath_Jack said:
He'll "own" us again one day, i bet.

That is highly likely if we fall down into division one or even lower
If the club falls into a very low valuation it would be nice to think some kind of fan ownership could happen , barring some billionaire who wanted to chuck his money at the club I think fan ownership would be a good option

thefranchise said:
also owns play football with big expansion plans

Keep Jaxx Bay busy now that the work from the club has dried up. Didn't they win the tenders for Landore and Fairwood? All above board through an open tendering process of course.

Probably now paid off his ex Mrs ,who Probably had a lot to do with the sale of club as wanted money out

It curdles my guts to think they/he could get their slimy paws in under the table again at SCFC.

His son won’t need any dollar he’s raking it in with that AU Vodka company.

Risc said:

What's so special about it though, Vodka is Vodka in it?

Wasn’t there rumours before of Jenkins getting a consortium from Dubai/Saudi to buy us back? Obviously a load of bollocks in the end.

Risc said:

And drives a nice Lamborghini around promoting it

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back