• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Martin Speaks

We won’t get anything from the next 3 games, where does that leave him? If he doesn’t get the boot after that then I’m certain he’s been told he’ll be released of his contract end of the season.

Swansea93 said:
We won’t get anything from the next 3 games, where does that leave him? If he doesn’t get the boot after that then I’m certain he’s been told he’ll be released of his contract end of the season.

If that's the case, then just put him on gardening leave. Serves literally no purpose him running things down FFS.

It's the owners fault, it's the fans fault, it's the colour of the seats fault (okay i made that one up) but there are plenty of people making all the excuses under the sun as to why Russ continues with the tactics he does, and why he can't set up a defence even if his life depends on it. I think some have jut painted themselves into a corner (happens a lot with players as well) and just cannot accept that he is not a manager who can adapt and change tact, I'll be very surprised if he does anything worth while in the game. He may do, but I've seen nothing in 18 months to suggest he will.

Did he have a 3 year contract, if so another season to enjoy his football.

Did he have a 3 year contract, if so another season to enjoy his football.

I was very much of the view that we change him in the summer as we won’t go down.

I’m beginning to worry a little, although spawning a win or 2 will keep us safe.

This bloke though is up there with the worst managers I can remember, and before our resident fan since 1973 posts, I’ve been going since 1976/77 so have seen some horrors.

And the ‘this is great compared to our history’ crowd. That was before we generated the best part of a billion pounds in the premier league and before some of our owners became multi, multi millionaires on the back of us.

No idea who we will appoint but won’t take much to improve us.

"There was a guy screaming at me to take Andy Fisher off, sarcastically clapping when he kicked it. Then we scored a goal that Fish started with his feet and he started celebrating, that sort of stuff is frustrating, but that's football," said Martin.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/highlights-swansea-city-v-rotherham-united-0

Just downright lying now?

ARQS said:
"There was a guy screaming at me to take Andy Fisher off, sarcastically clapping when he kicked it. Then we scored a goal that Fish started with his feet and he started celebrating, that sort of stuff is frustrating, but that's football," said Martin.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/highlights-swansea-city-v-rotherham-united-0

Just downright lying now?

If he’s really saying that sort of stuff he’s completely lost it.

Londonlisa2001 said:
If he’s really saying that sort of stuff he’s completely lost it.

https://www.swanseacity.com/video/player/0_826yi8gy?feed=aea3593e-d736-4fa6-9568-33a9b300e46e&section=9db0e885-5f8f-4ad3-b0a1-8e4f6433724e

10:24 onwards.

The goal v Stoke didn't come from Fisher starting something with his feet, neither did the first v Blackpool. Don't think the OG in that game did either. So it's not even like he's getting mixed up...

ARQS said:
https://www.swanseacity.com/video/player/0_826yi8gy?feed=aea3593e-d736-4fa6-9568-33a9b300e46e&section=9db0e885-5f8f-4ad3-b0a1-8e4f6433724e

10:24 onwards.

The goal v Stoke didn't come from Fisher starting something with his feet, neither did the first v Blackpool. Don't think the OG in that game did either. So it's not even like he's getting mixed up...

Fisher hadn’t touched the ball for ages before our goal last night.

But even if he had, saying something like that about a fan is barking.

sainthelens said:
If that's the case, then just put him on gardening leave. Serves literally no purpose him running things down FFS.

Might be a case of us waiting to see who’ll be available in the summer when the league/play offs are over, managers for Ipswich, Bolton & Plymouth might be on our list and they might fancy the job if they don’t achieve promotion with their clubs, Evatt from Bolton seems like a good balance of attacking possession football and I’m sure he was linked to us before Cooper took over.

Neath_Jack said:
It's the owners fault, it's the fans fault, it's the colour of the seats fault (okay i made that one up) but there are plenty of people making all the excuses under the sun as to why Russ continues with the tactics he does, and why he can't set up a defence even if his life depends on it. I think some have jut painted themselves into a corner (happens a lot with players as well) and just cannot accept that he is not a manager who can adapt and change tact, I'll be very surprised if he does anything worth while in the game. He may do, but I've seen nothing in 18 months to suggest he will.

you are quite right he is not a manager.....said it since September 2021 finally most are beginning to sed=e it too

The only words I now wanna hear him speak are " I'd like to wish the club all the best in the future, but it's time to move on".
Useless destructive cvnt.

Re: The truth about the fan Martin references (I was sat nearby)

1) The whole stadium seemed to be frustrated with Fisher playing us into trouble

2) After the 3rd time Fisher played a suicidal pass the fan stood up and shouted something like;
"Get him off! You must have a youngster who can do better!"

3) Martin, stood on the touchline turned around and told the fan to;
"fuck off!"

4) The fan then responded;
"£400k? £10.5k a week!? You are taking the piss out of us!!"

5) 5 mins later we finally string some passes together at pace and we score...I don't recall Fisher
playing a part in that goal at all (you can't actually see the 'highlights' on the club site now either)

6) Everyone in the stand gets to their feet and claps the goal.

7) Martin and his coaching staff turn around and start mouthing off and making gestures to the fan Martin had told to fuck off (the fan had children with him)

8) Once the clapping died down the fan returns to his feet and shouts something like;
"Think you've achieved something wonderful do you? You are supposed to score a goal at home to Rotherham"

9) Staff on the bench have a word with the stewards and they come over to tell the fan that if he doesn't stop abusing Russell Martin he (and the children) will be thrown out.
They actually asked the fan to consider the fact that Martin's family are there and don't want to hear 'abuse'....it was Martin that initially shouted "fuck off!" to a fan and his kids, the irony.

10) The fan could be heard replying that Martin "is a highly paid football manager and I pay his wages...I regret renewing now....he must be very sensitive!" etc.

11) All of the fans sat in that section, including me, start defending the fan and his right to voice his opinion at the football. Stewards start arguing with the stand (to be fair, a difficult situation that they were put in). Then they toddle off back to the bench once the fan had agreed to "tone it down".

12) Even though we were winning it was a toxic atmosphere at half-time and the staff were still looking over at this fan.

13) The fan is quiet as a mouse in the 2nd half, I watched him closely, he rarely clapped never mind shouted anything (wouldn't surprise me if he hasn't asked for his money back this week and we lose another season ticket holder).

14) We continue to play shite and Rotherham inevitably equalize. The fan said nothing, we all shouted plenty though. The bench go silent.

15) We spawn a lucky point at home to Rotherham after one of the most shambolic halves of football I've ever seen...the half that Martin seems actually pleased by.
Cue massive boos and a pathetic press conference from Russ.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back