• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Martin Speaks

Ross said:
sainthelens said:
We are rapidly approaching the point of no return with him. It's not a case of being an entitled set of fans, more like us putting up with so much crap this season. Wer a patient bunch, but not just a win now for Sunday but a proper performance is needed. Sadly...if not or neither, he can do one.

“we’re a patient bunch” he says, whilst calling for the managers head after 6 months.
Am patient if I can see some improvement. I cant and if your honest neither can you.

Well Russell we finished a game with 10 men for the 3rd time in 4? games yesterday. MAybe you should prepare for these eventualities if you are going to play such high risk football. We are going to ruin our squad, physically and mentally, if they are constantly playing against an extra man.

Super fit professional footballers earning thousands of pounds a week can't manage to play two matches with two days inbetween? Complete bullcrap.
What I saw was an unmotivated and leaderless line up who were shoehorned into a bizarre formation thst didn't work from the first minute. We were second to every ball, always on the back foot and passing backwards, couldn't mark or tackle at the back, couldn't get our passing game together going forward.
SORT IT OUT!

Pegojack said:
Super fit professional footballers earning thousanfs of pounds a week can't manage to play two matches with two days inbetween? Complete bullcrap.
What I saw was an unmotivated and leaderless line up who were shoehorned into a bizarre formation thst didn't work from the first minute. We were second to every ball, always on the back foot and passing backwards, couldn't mark or tackle at the back, couldn't get our passing game together going forward.
SORT IT OUT!

Exactly.... Plain for all the fans to see soon as we saw the line up. Martins post match interview is as embarrassing as the performance, smacks of a man well out of his depth and pure waffle.

sainthelens said:
Ross said:
“we’re a patient bunch” he says, whilst calling for the managers head after 6 months.
Am patient if I can see some improvement. I cant and if your honest neither can you.

Thanks for telling me how I think lol. Honestly, what on earth were you expecting? An obliterated squad, owners not willing to invest and a new manager 4 days before the season started. Who, in your humble and patient opinion, could have done better? Changing the whole philosophy and playing squad is a process that doesn’t happen over night. If we’re in the same situation this time next year then I’ll be questioning the manager, but to question him after 6 months with all he’s faced so far is absolutely ludicrous.

Who would you have replace him out of interest?

Nocountryforoldjack said:
Pegojack said:
Super fit professional footballers earning thousanfs of pounds a week can't manage to play two matches with two days inbetween? Complete bullcrap.
SORT IT OUT!

Exactly.... Plain for all the fans to see soon as we saw the line up. Martins post match interview is as embarrassing as the performance, smacks of a man well out of his depth and pure waffle.

He’s a young manager, he’ll make mistakes. The knee jerk reaction on this site to a loss against a team who’ve spent millions is alarming. Get behind the boys mun, stop calling for the managers head every time we have a loss. Can you lot both remember the old league 1 and league 2 days? Get a grip of yourselves if you think this is the worst you’ve ever seen, you clearly weren’t at the Vetch in 2002/3 when we lost 4-0 at home to Kidderminster Harriers.

Ross said:
sainthelens said:

Thanks for telling me how I think lol. Honestly, what on earth were you expecting? An obliterated squad, owners not willing to invest and a new manager 4 days before the season started. Who, in your humble and patient opinion, could have done better? Changing the whole philosophy and playing squad is a process that doesn’t happen over night. If we’re in the same situation this time next year then I’ll be questioning the manager, but to question him after 6 months with all he’s faced so far is absolutely ludicrous.

Anyone who knows me knows I am no fan of the owners but the line that they haven't invested in the squad this season simply isn't true.

Ross said:

He’s a young manager, he’ll make mistakes. The knee jerk reaction on this site to a loss against a team who’ve spent millions is alarming. Get behind the boys mun, stop calling for the managers head every time we have a loss. Can you lot both remember the old league 1 and league 2 days? Get a grip of yourselves if you think this is the worst you’ve ever seen, you clearly weren’t at the Vetch in 2002/3 when we lost 4-0 at home to Kidderminster Harriers.

I've posted in another thread about seeing poor football years ago. We are at a different level now and can expect not to win games but at least compete. The biggest frustration is that most of our failings are self inflicted

The players shouldn't be physically tired after Saturday as nobody had to run anywhere in the 2nd half, they were all standing in and around our 18 yard box waiting for Blackburn to put the next ball in there.

Ross said:
sainthelens said:

After 45 yrs of seeing just about everything with us, yes...we had no pre season, yes...give the manager time, but contrary to what you say the squad is not obliterated. In my humble opinion I actually think we have some really decent players. You have to be totally blind not to see that he is struggling to improve these guys. There have now been way to many games where we look totally shot/shapeless and last Saturday apart....not motivated. Couple of months back I was prepared to give him the benefit of any doubt, but things are in no way improving. I want him to do well honestly as he talks a good game. Sadly he's being found out .

On radio Wales this morning he says players will be more physical by next season.
Many of us have been banging on about how lightweight we are since the PL days.

Who is he targeting to bring in and have we the funds to implement what he wants?
He hasn't the players to play the way he wants otherwise we'd be in the top half.
Again he may well be right with us needing a more physical team, but he seems to think he's going to be here for next season.
Confident , arrogant, taking his position for granted or deluded?
I can't decide!

Ross said:

Yes, I was at the Vetch to see Kiddy beat us 4-0, and I was at the Vetch thirty odd years earlier to see Chester beat us 5-0! What the feck has that got to do with last night?
I agree with the earlier post that we have some very good players, but last night we simply didn't compete. Whose fault is that?

Ross said:

I was, I lived in Argle St Sandfields so I used to attend regularly. Point is there was no expectations in them days, having watch us struggle our way up to the promised land there is now an expectation specially when the Americans promised us so much.

While Stoke deserve credit for the way they nullified us completely, and showed far superior physical fitness to us to completely obliterate our passing game by closing us down so quickly in a way that very few teams in this division have been able to do - West Brom tried a similar approach and fell flat for example, you have to say that Martin got it completely wrong in his team selection, his tactics and everything.

If you can see that a team is trying to pressurise the keeper as he passes it out from the back, to the degree that we're hardly getting out of our half, surely we should try and vary it, in much the same way as it was thrown out of the window when we went down to 10 on Saturday. We only got 40% of the possession last night, how much of that was passes between the keeper and the defenders and back to him?

I presume the defensive selections in midfield were due to the way Stoke did exactly the same in the home fixture, but let's have this said - Fulton and Smith should be a combination we never see again.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back