• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Martin Speaks

Kerouac said:
Re: The truth about the fan Martin references (I was sat nearby)

1) The whole stadium seemed to be frustrated with Fisher playing us into trouble

2) After the 3rd time Fisher played a suicidal pass the fan stood up and shouted something like;
"Get him off! You must have a youngster who can do better!"

3) Martin, stood on the touchline turned around and told the fan to;
"f**k off!"

4) The fan then responded;
"£400k? £10.5k a week!? You are taking the piss out of us!!"

5) 5 mins later we finally string some passes together at pace and we score...I don't recall Fisher
playing a part in that goal at all (you can't actually see the 'highlights' on the club site now either)

6) Everyone in the stand gets to their feet and claps the goal.

7) Martin and his coaching staff turn around and start mouthing off and making gestures to the fan Martin had told to f**k off (the fan had children with him)

8) Once the clapping died down the fan returns to his feet and shouts something like;
"Think you've achieved something wonderful do you? You are supposed to score a goal at home to Rotherham"

9) Staff on the bench have a word with the stewards and they come over to tell the fan that if he doesn't stop abusing Russell Martin he (and the children) will be thrown out.
They actually asked the fan to consider the fact that Martin's family are there and don't want to hear 'abuse'....it was Martin that initially shouted "f**k off!" to a fan and his kids, the irony.

10) The fan could be heard replying that Martin "is a highly paid football manager and I pay his wages...I regret renewing now....he must be very sensitive!" etc.

11) All of the fans sat in that section, including me, start defending the fan and his right to voice his opinion at the football. Stewards start arguing with the stand (to be fair, a difficult situation that they were put in). Then they toddle off back to the bench once the fan had agreed to "tone it down".

12) Even though we were winning it was a toxic atmosphere at half-time and the staff were still looking over at this fan.

13) The fan is quiet as a mouse in the 2nd half, I watched him closely, he rarely clapped never mind shouted anything (wouldn't surprise me if he hasn't asked for his money back this week and we lose another season ticket holder).

14) We continue to play shite and Rotherham inevitably equalize. The fan said nothing, we all shouted plenty though. The bench go silent.

15) We spawn a lucky point at home to Rotherham after one of the most shambolic halves of football I've ever seen...the half that Martin seems actually pleased by.
Cue massive boos and a pathetic press conference from Russ.

Therein lies the just one of the problems.
Point 9 of your post.
Many come on here saying we should protest more. But I've pointed out a few times that once anyone ( like the fan in question) does, the stewards shut it down by threatening ejection/ban etc.
This club is fckd from top to bottom. When the likes of Russ and his shithouse backroom staff continue on their merry ways, we are supposed to just accept it.
Well if this gets back to you Russ...you are a fckn useless divisive cvnt who has no place at our club. Now fck off.

Ferryjack said:
Did he have a 3 year contract, if so another season to enjoy his football.

You don't know what his contract says. It is normal in the US for coach contracts to include a performance clause, and I would not be surprised if Martin has one too. Some of those clauses come down to little more than "if we don't think it's good enough, you're out".

If they have decided he's toast, and he is well short of the performance bar (whatever it is, if it exists), then that would explain the 'bad' transfer window.

RodgerTheDodger said:
You don't know what his contract says. It is normal in the US for coach contracts to include a performance clause, and I would not be surprised if Martin has one too. Some of those clauses come down to little more than "if we don't think it's good enough, you're out".

If they have decided he's toast, and he is well short of the performance bar (whatever it is, if it exists), then that would explain the 'bad' transfer window.
It sounds to me as if play offs was the boards target for Martin this year after having a sort of write off year last time out, and with us on course for mid-lower table finish again, I don’t think he’ll be here next season.

sainthelens said:
Therein lies the just one of the problems.
Point 9 of your post.
Many come on here saying we should protest more. But I've pointed out a few times that once anyone ( like the fan in question) does, the stewards shut it down by threatening ejection/ban etc.
This club is fckd from top to bottom. When the likes of Russ and his shithouse backroom staff continue on their merry ways, we are supposed to just accept it.
Well if this gets back to you Russ...you are a fckn useless divisive cvnt who has no place at our club. Now fck off.
A spectacular post highlighting just what a fearsomely devious malovelent chap is Martin. One who has slaughtered the careers of young players and written off decent if average pros . A man who set out to use our club for his own ends to see him eventually get a job in a proper club . It ain’t gonna work as football has seen through his lies and BS . Hers a coach who s been backed like others and has support that he doesn’t deserve . Now it’s unravelling we will see the real Martin and it won’t be pleasant . We need to cull his damage right now .

When he goes, we will see immediate improvement . I just hope the damage can be repaired .

Kerouac said:
Re: The truth about the fan Martin references (I was sat nearby)

1) The whole stadium seemed to be frustrated with Fisher playing us into trouble

2) After the 3rd time Fisher played a suicidal pass the fan stood up and shouted something like;
"Get him off! You must have a youngster who can do better!"

3) Martin, stood on the touchline turned around and told the fan to;
"f**k off!"

4) The fan then responded;
"£400k? £10.5k a week!? You are taking the piss out of us!!"

5) 5 mins later we finally string some passes together at pace and we score...I don't recall Fisher
playing a part in that goal at all (you can't actually see the 'highlights' on the club site now either)

6) Everyone in the stand gets to their feet and claps the goal.

7) Martin and his coaching staff turn around and start mouthing off and making gestures to the fan Martin had told to f**k off (the fan had children with him)

8) Once the clapping died down the fan returns to his feet and shouts something like;
"Think you've achieved something wonderful do you? You are supposed to score a goal at home to Rotherham"

9) Staff on the bench have a word with the stewards and they come over to tell the fan that if he doesn't stop abusing Russell Martin he (and the children) will be thrown out.
They actually asked the fan to consider the fact that Martin's family are there and don't want to hear 'abuse'....it was Martin that initially shouted "f**k off!" to a fan and his kids, the irony.

10) The fan could be heard replying that Martin "is a highly paid football manager and I pay his wages...I regret renewing now....he must be very sensitive!" etc.

11) All of the fans sat in that section, including me, start defending the fan and his right to voice his opinion at the football. Stewards start arguing with the stand (to be fair, a difficult situation that they were put in). Then they toddle off back to the bench once the fan had agreed to "tone it down".

12) Even though we were winning it was a toxic atmosphere at half-time and the staff were still looking over at this fan.

13) The fan is quiet as a mouse in the 2nd half, I watched him closely, he rarely clapped never mind shouted anything (wouldn't surprise me if he hasn't asked for his money back this week and we lose another season ticket holder).

14) We continue to play shite and Rotherham inevitably equalize. The fan said nothing, we all shouted plenty though. The bench go silent.

15) We spawn a lucky point at home to Rotherham after one of the most shambolic halves of football I've ever seen...the half that Martin seems actually pleased by.
Cue massive boos and a pathetic press conference from Russ.

That is pretty damning. In all seriousness if he’d done that in a German club - well certainly Werder Bremen a club which I know very well - he’d be gone.

https://twitter.com/DMTkeepers/status/1630990387786514448?s=20

"When we win" aye.

Chances are we'll come a cropper at Luton, and when Boro start tearing into us, it wont be 1 fan that Russ will have to tell to fck off. As my friend has stated, he will unravel quickly.

Vetchonian said:
you are quite right he is not a manager.....said it since September 2021 finally most are beginning to sed=e it too

Aye, but that was because you were spitting your dummy out over Cooper leaving. You turned out to be right in the end by chance. Making a declaration like that in the second month of a manager's reign is stupid with nowhere near enough evidence to call on.

Ole Solskjaer won 10 of his first 11 games in charge of Man United (and drew the other one). By your logic, that makes him a brilliant manager, which time proved he was not.

Swansea93 said:
It sounds to me as if play offs was the boards target for Martin this year after having a sort of write off year last time out, and with us on course for mid-lower table finish again, I don’t think he’ll be here next season.

It was "be competitive for a playoff spot" not specifically to make the playoffs.

JackSomething said:
Aye, but that was because you were spitting your dummy out over Cooper leaving. You turned out to be right in the end by chance. Making a declaration like that in the second month of a manager's reign is stupid with nowhere near enough evidence to call on.

Ole Solskjaer won 10 of his first 11 games in charge of Man United (and drew the other one). By your logic, that makes him a brilliant manager, which time proved he was not.
nowt to do with Cooper all based on what we were seeing on the pitch his interviews and research I did into his time at MKDons if you check posts of kine from back them on here and the other channel you will find the data and quotes I used to back my claim.....yet the dreamers believed he was a messiah as he was getting us to play chuckle brothers football across the back line believing this was the "Swansea Way "

jasper_T said:
https://twitter.com/DMTkeepers/status/1630990387786514448?s=20

"When we win" aye.

That just proves once and for all that he’s got his head buried firmly in the sand.

Even on the rare occasions that we do win, the majority of fans think we are awful to watch.

MrSwerve said:
That just proves once and for all that he’s got his head buried firmly in the sand.

Even on the rare occasions that we do win, the majority of fans think we are awful to watch.

It's true. It's more fun just looking at the final score than actually watching the match.

I remember when it was massive to see the Swans on the telly at all, never mind live, never mind all games live. I would never have believed I would turn it off or just do something else while it's on in the background, but under Cooper and this piece of work we have now, I've done it a lot.

monmouth said:
It's true. It's more fun just looking at the final score than actually watching the match.

I remember when it was massive to see the Swans on the telly at all, never mind live, never mind all games live. I would never have believed I would turn it off or just do something else while it's on in the background, but under Cooper and this piece of work we have now, I've done it a lot.

Yeah, it's been a bit of a soul-destroying 3 or 4 years watching the Swans [insert obligatory 'I woz ere in the fourth division when we woz shit' comment].

And we have people coming out now saying 'so NOW was Cooper's football so bad?'...yes, it was shit. I was bored shitless watching his football but at least we were fairly successful and the wins pacified me. The capitulation vs Brentford in the playoff final was shocking but entirely expected.

Watching Martinballwang is the other extreme in terms of playing style, but on top of that, we lose. A lot. His stubbornness and 'I know better than you' personality doesn't help. He's pretty much gaslighting the Swans fans saying that we should be 'enjoying this possession football and sometimes we will lose, get over it'. Unfortunately we don't only lose 'sometimes'. I don't need to say anything about the shit that we play at the back with Fisher.

Even Bob Bradley was liked more than this guy.

Martin does look checked-out though. I'm really hoping that there's an agreement already in place to mutually terminate the contract in the summer and that the board have asked to keep quiet until then so that the boat doesn't rock any further. Martin clearly isn't happy with what happened in the January transfer window (rightly or wrongly), but he has had money to spend this season and that has also gone to shit.

If we get within 3 or 4 weeks of the next season and Martin is still in place, I really dread to think what will happen next year.

MrSwerve said:
Yeah, it's been a bit of a soul-destroying 3 or 4 years watching the Swans [insert obligatory 'I woz ere in the fourth division when we woz s**t' comment].

And we have people coming out now saying 'so NOW was Cooper's football so bad?'...yes, it was s**t. I was bored shitless watching his football but at least we were fairly successful and the wins pacified me. The capitulation vs Brentford in the playoff final was shocking but entirely expected.

Watching Martinballwang is the other extreme in terms of playing style, but on top of that, we lose. A lot. His stubbornness and 'I know better than you' personality doesn't help. He's pretty much gaslighting the Swans fans saying that we should be 'enjoying this possession football and sometimes we will lose, get over it'. Unfortunately we don't only lose 'sometimes'. I don't need to say anything about the s**t that we play at the back with Fisher.

Even Bob Bradley was liked more than this guy.

Martin does look checked-out though. I'm really hoping that there's an agreement already in place to mutually terminate the contract in the summer and that the board have asked to keep quiet until then so that the boat doesn't rock any further. Martin clearly isn't happy with what happened in the January transfer window (rightly or wrongly), but he has had money to spend this season and that has also gone to s**t.

If we get within 3 or 4 weeks of the next season and Martin is still in place, I really dread to think what will happen next year.

And I keep wondering, if thers an agreement for him to go in the summer, why isn't he on gardening leave?
Cannot think of another job that would allow that.

So when Russ talks about how the fans have been brilliant he's lying there too, not that brilliant of he's telling them to fuck off.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back