• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Matt Grimes on his way out

He's been here for five years. In that period we've had precisely one season out of him where he's looked decent. The rest of the time he's been average to poor. Taking a potential £5.5m profit is a no-brainer.

We could use that money to replace him and help ensure that we never have to play George Byers again too.

So we talking 8-10M? Take it.
That sort of money, we shouldn't be looking to bring someone else in on loan(Garner), give Andy Scott the chance to provide a replacement from his list in and around the 1M mark.
I know we have Korey Smith but at 29 we need to be using a 8-10M fee to replace with someone younger and more importantly someone who signs permanently.

Maybe Kevin Stewart might be back on the cards!
Even if they don't want to pay a transfer fee, there are plenty of free agents available
Jackson Irvine
Alex Garcia
Arnaud Lusamba
Marc Stendera

magicdaps10 said:
That sort of money, we shouldn't be looking to bring someone else in on loan(Garner), give Andy Scott the chance to provide a replacement from his list in and around the 1M mark.
I know we have Korey Smith but at 29 we need to be using a 8-10M fee to replace with someone younger and more importantly someone who signs permanently.

Even if they don't want to pay a transfer fee, there are plenty of free agents available
Jackson Irvine
Alex Garcia
Arnaud Lusamba
Marc Stendera

I agree we need a permanent signing, but I wouldn't be against signing Garner on loan anyway as Smith for example has had problems with staying fit. I would have loved Jack Evans to have made an impression here but it's looking unlikely unfortunately, especially with how his loan went at Mansfield (although James was similar at Shrewsbury).

Need a striker, centre midfielder and centre half with Grimes, Celina and John all going out the other way.

LeonWasTheDog's said:
Itchysphincter said:
Massive player for us.

Easily Premier League quality.

I don't think so. Not physical or dynamic enough to break into most PL teams. If he can get more aggressive, then maybe. Plenty good enough for this league though. Don't get me wrong, I like him and it'll be hard for us to replace him. But would I have swapped him for Joey or De Guznman or Leon? Not a chance.

I’ve never said he’s an improvement on Leon or JdG, he obviously isn’t, but he’s a lot better and far more important to us than a lot of our fans give him credit for.

Been on the cards since the Bristol lad arrived, we shall see how we go. Personally not bothered about the money, Grimes will do well at Watford, they were unlucky to get relegated.

Itchysphincter said:
Garyjack said:
Change the record is it? That's all i hear from you both on here and fansnetwork is you slagging off the posters of this site. Do you honestly think people post things they don't agree with just to follow your 'herd'? Of course they wouldn't, they simply wouldn't give an opinion you soft sod.
And for the record, if we can get anything above £5m for Grimes, i'd try really hard to carry him there myself!

Am I correct in thinking you’ve posted about me having a go at people whilst having a go at me when all I’ve done is always Grimes is a good player? Give yourself a shake son.

I was replying to KarlHRummenigge. "That's all i hear from YOU both on here and fansnetwork is YOU slagging off the posters of this site.
So no you are not correct my baby lamb. Brush up on your comprehension skills, then maybe we can talk. Hey, you could even apologise mind? :roll:

inspector said:
Heinrich Himmler said:
He did ok in some games and was poor in others, can not remember him being excellent. :?

excellent ball retention, kept us ticking most of the time. was improving with interceptions/breaking up the opposition play too.
there's a reason he was first name on the team sheet.

I just hope we can get a bargain/someone from Europe to replace him before the season starts.
You must have missed the missed tackles leading to a number of goals conceded as well as the many stray passes, as i say he did ok some of the time but was pretty poor on a number of occasions as well.

magicdaps10 said:

Jackson Irvine
Alex Garcia
Arnaud Lusamba
Marc Stendera

Decent player but every player has his price. If as seems probable he moves on I would hope that we have a replacement lined up. Smith’s injury record over the last couple of seasons doesn’t suggest that he will be able to play every game.

Garyjack said:
Itchysphincter said:
Am I correct in thinking you’ve posted about me having a go at people whilst having a go at me when all I’ve done is always Grimes is a good player? Give yourself a shake son.

I was replying to KarlHRummenigge. "That's all i hear from YOU both on here and fansnetwork is YOU slagging off the posters of this site.
So no you are not correct my baby lamb. Brush up on your comprehension skills, then maybe we can talk. Hey, you could even apologise mind? :roll:

Fair enough but it could alternatively be read as “That's all i hear from you BOTH on here and fansnetwork.....” - entirely logical being as you quoted BOTH of us. :lol: now get outside and shake yourself.

Itchysphincter said:
Garyjack said:

Fair enough but it could alternatively be read as “That's all i hear from you BOTH on here and fansnetwork.....” - entirely logical being as you quoted BOTH of us. :lol: now get outside and shake yourself.

Not havin it. if you read and digest the post fully, then it's quite clear that i was replying to KarlHRummenigge, and him only.

https://blog.prepscholar.com/how-to-improve-reading-comprehension :geek:

Garyjack said:
Itchysphincter said:

Not havin it. if you read and digest the post fully, then it's quite clear that i was replying to KarlHRummenigge, and him only.

You can not have it all you like sweetheart, it’s called punctuation - I’ll show you how it’s done .....

“Change the record is it? That's all i hear from you, both on here and fansnetwork, is you slagging off the posters of this site.“

Notice the placement of the commas? Now it reads as you claim is intended. Happy to help, no apology demanded or required.

Itchysphincter said:
Garyjack said:

You can not have it all you like sweetheart, it’s called punctuation - I’ll show you how it’s done .....

“Change the record is it? That's all i hear from you, both on here and fansnetwork, is you slagging off the posters of this site.“

Notice the placement of the commas? Now it reads as you claim is intended. Happy to help, no apology demanded or required.

Ok, i failed in the placement of a comma, you failed to comprehend that the post was quite cleary aimed at someone else. I can live with that my little cherub. :lol:

Garyjack said:
Itchysphincter said:

Ok, i failed in the placement of a comma, you failed to comprehend that the post was quite cleary aimed at someone else. I can live with that my little cherub. :lol:

Apology accepted. :lol:

Itchysphincter said:
Garyjack said:

Apology accepted. :lol:

You should know better, that's jackarmy.net material. 3/10 :D

Been away all weekend so just seeing if I’ve missed anything with this? Seems to have gone quiet?

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back