• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Matt Grimes on his way out

This is like the outer limits on this thread.

In what universe would someone not grab over 7m for Matthew Grimes, before the poor saps took advice. Hope he takes every single free kick and corner they get and they make him captain. Imagine if we paid that for him..shit the bed. Now lets build a proper midfield.

In my opinion, of course. Other incorrect views are available on this one. Even if he scores a hat-trick of free kicks against us - (which he wont)

monmouth said:
This is like the outer limits on this thread.

In what universe would someone not grab over 7m for Matthew Grimes, before the poor saps took advice. Hope he takes every single free kick and corner they get and they make him captain. Imagine if we paid that for him..shit the bed. Now lets build a proper midfield.

In my opinion, of course. Other incorrect views are available on this one. Even if he scores a hat-trick of free kicks against us - (which he wont)

Completely agree Mon, the problem is who and how we will replace. I’m getting twitchy with all of these loans but I said the same last year aswell.

Dacoure, has signed for Everton £25 million, so something should be happening soon.

£10 million hopefully

Heinrich Himmler said:
inspector said:
big loss for us, he was excellent for most of last season.

still, not irreplaceable, and if we get 7-8m, you can't grumble too much.

He did ok in some games and was poor in others, can not remember him being excellent. :?

excellent ball retention, kept us ticking most of the time. was improving with interceptions/breaking up the opposition play too.
there's a reason he was first name on the team sheet.

I just hope we can get a bargain/someone from Europe to replace him before the season starts.

KarlHRummenigge said:
Itchysphincter said:
Massive player for us.

Easily Premier League quality.

Been one of our best players for some time, highly respected by fellow professionals and coaches. His stats are top notch. Deserves to go to an EPL team that plays proper football. Watford is a non-starter, for him and Watford.

Fans here either know little about football, and/or are too weak willed to speak up against the herd.

Change the record is it? That's all i hear from you both on here and fansnetwork is you slagging off the posters of this site. Do you honestly think people post things they don't agree with just to follow your 'herd'? Of course they wouldn't, they simply wouldn't give an opinion you soft sod.
And for the record, if we can get anything above £5m for Grimes, i'd try really hard to carry him there myself!

Garyjack said:
KarlHRummenigge said:
Been one of our best players for some time, highly respected by fellow professionals and coaches. His stats are top notch. Deserves to go to an EPL team that plays proper football. Watford is a non-starter, for him and Watford.

Fans here either know little about football, and/or are too weak willed to speak up against the herd.

Change the record is it? That's all i hear from you both on here and fansnetwork is you slagging off the posters of this site. Do you honestly think people post things they don't agree with just to follow your 'herd'? Of course they wouldn't, they simply wouldn't give an opinion you soft sod.
And for the record, if we can get anything above £5m for Grimes, i'd try really hard to carry him there myself!

I think he’s one of the most overrated players we’ve ever had. Don’t get me wrong he’s decent but if you listen to some you’d swear he was Pelé.

Darran said:
Garyjack said:

I think he’s one of the most overrated players we’ve ever had. Don’t get me wrong he’s decent but if you listen to some you’d swear he was Pelé.

I'd rather our 'midfield engine' be even just slightly more powerful than a Reliant Robin! :lol:

Good midfielder, unquestionable by his stats alone. Woeful at free kicks, not captain material but a solid Championship midfielder with good range of passing.

Not face to lace many previous midfielder's boots however. Think our fans want him either to be a quick box to box man like Pratley or a dog in the mould of Joe Allen. Unfortunately for the fans he's neither, he will sit in your midfield and let it tick over, offering little in either of the final thirds of the pitch. For those reasons £8m deal is great business

Garyjack said:
KarlHRummenigge said:

Am I correct in thinking you’ve posted about me having a go at people whilst having a go at me when all I’ve done is always Grimes is a good player? Give yourself a shake son.

A4Jack said:
Good midfielder, unquestioyoiunable by his stats alone. Woeful at free kicks, not captain material but a solid Championship midfielder with good range of passing.

Not face to lace many previous midfielder's boots however. Think our fans want him either to be a quick box to box man like Pratley or a dog in the mould of Joe Allen. Unfortunately for the fans he's neither, he will sit in your midfield and let it tick over, offering little in either of the final thirds of the pitch. For those reasons £8m deal is great business

I’m not sure if the stats are unquestionable myself.
We played a game in the Prem a few years ago against Sunderland and Michel Vorm finished the game with more completed passes than the entire Sunderland team put together.
If you get my drift.

Darran is correct, the most overrated player by some distance.. in fact, this this whole team is overrated, the fact people are pleased 35 year old Routledge got a new deal sums it all up.. people think Rodon and Cabango are Maldini and are worth millions, I'd drive all four out of this club

Darran said:
A4Jack said:
Good midfielder, unquestioyoiunable by his stats alone. Woeful at free kicks, not captain material but a solid Championship midfielder with good range of passing.

I’m not sure if the stats are unquestionable myself.
We played a game in the Prem a few years ago against Sunderland and Michel Vorm finished the game with more completed passes than the entire Sunderland team put together.
If you get my drift.

One game Daz, to be top of passing and interceptions in the Championship is no mean feat.

Yes people will say he passes backwards and sideways but so do a lot of midfielders. At least he does it well :mrgreen:

Itchysphincter said:
Massive player for us.

Easily Premier League quality.

I don't think so. Not physical or dynamic enough to break into most PL teams. If he can get more aggressive, then maybe. Plenty good enough for this league though. Don't get me wrong, I like him and it'll be hard for us to replace him. But would I have swapped him for Joey or De Guznman or Leon? Not a chance.

I'd take 10 million right now if it guaranteed our Category 1 status!

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back