• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Meltdown Thread

we lost that game because cooper was not proactive and we lost the midfield. Brigning on one of them and shifting CH to 10 would have rectified the issue

eteb said:
we lost that game because cooper was not proactive and we lost the midfield. Brigning on one of them and shifting CH to 10 would have rectified the issue

Up to the point we scored we had dominated the game. We had not lost the midfield at the point you are demanding changes

So easy to say it with hindsight but we lost it because we got sloppy not because we didnt make changes before they equalised.

what would you have done then? They controlled the midfield second half even before our pen

eteb said:
what would you have done then? They controlled the midfield second half even before our pen

Utter garbage they did - they hadn't even had a shot at goal by that point. Or at least not one of any note (note they had none in the first half!)

What I would have done is not sat back the moment we scored. The time then was to go for the jugular and continue to push forward but we sat back. Making the changes you suggested would have encouraged that even more.

We should have pushed on, we didn't and we conceded three goals each of which we should have done substantially better with.

It has become convenient to just criticise him for not making subs when he should have done (the two preceding home games are classic examples of this) but this time around we were in control but went down the route of thinking one goal would be enough.

The manager can take the flack for that for certain as he has to be instilling that into his team in the same way Sousa used to

Swanjaxs said:
Off you go...

Swanjaxs, thanks for starting this discussion, which we definitely needed.

Suicide watch, everyone OK?

We've performed below expectations against the lowest teams, haven't made our quality count, but considering the number of shots that we had on target today you can't fault the team's performance. We don't score many goals so if we go behind then it becomes a struggle. I really don't think that there is much to learn from today, so lets just take our medicine and move on. (And am I the only one here who finds it a little bit funny? Apart from benny of course.) Congrats to Brizzle.

PSumbler said:
eteb said:

Up to the point we scored we had dominated the game. We had not lost the midfield at the point you are demanding changes

So easy to say it with hindsight but we lost it because we got sloppy not because we didnt make changes before they equalised.

We got sloppy after 50 minutes, I could see it, probably you could see it also?
It's like a broken record.

We lost momentum and the game was crying out for a change, I'll wager if we had brought Smith on at that stage, then Arriola soon after we would have closed that game out with something to spare...
Let's wait and see what happens with the starting eleven on Wednesday aye.

Here's my guess, same starting eleven minus Cabango out and Naughton in, watch this space 👍

Glyn1 said:
Swanjaxs said:
Off you go...

Swanjaxs, thanks for starting this discussion, which we definitely needed.

Suicide watch, everyone OK?

We've performed below expectations against the lowest teams, haven't made our quality count, but considering the number of shots that we had on target today you can't fault the team's performance. We don't score many goals so if we go behind then it becomes a struggle. I really don't think that there is much to learn from today, so lets just take our medicine and move on. (And am I the only one here who finds it a little bit funny? Apart from benny of course.) Congrats to Brizzle.

In fairness mate, it's just you and Benny that thinks today's performance was funny, no offence like

Being serious I never get worked up when we lose anymore or go the opposite way when we win or put players on pedestals.
I’ve said for the last two seasons that we aren’t a great side or squad and most of our performances under Cooper show that but he’s got results.
I honestly believe the Championship is poor league and anyone can beat anyone and most sides can reach the play-offs with a little luck.
As for the players they are mostly overrated. I don’t get involved in arguments much anymore because so many pricks get offended at anything,for example I’ve watched with astonishment this week at the praise Grimes was getting from fans and the media for instance,I’m not singling him out he’s a decent player and whilst he had a good game on Wednesday he was being made out to be Pele.
You can add Roberts (he’s had a great season) as Cafu,Bidwell as Roberto Carlos and Guehi as Franz Beckenbauer.
I’ve never seen fans like Swansea fans to overrate things and there seems to be a massive sense of entitlement in a large majority of them.

Swanjaxs said:
PSumbler said:

We lost momentum and the game was crying out for a change, I'll wager if we had brought Smith on at that stage, then Arriola soon after we would have closed that game out with something to spare...

Here's my guess, same starting eleven minus Cabango out and Naughton in, watch this space 👍

I'm hoping that bennett will be fit as we will struggle.

Darran said:
Being serious I never get worked up when we lose anymore or go the opposite way when we win or put players on pedestals.
I’ve said for the last two seasons that we aren’t a great side or squad and most of our performances under Cooper show that but he’s got results.
I honestly believe the Championship is poor league and anyone can beat anyone and most sides can reach the play-offs with a little luck.
As for the players they are mostly overrated. I don’t get involved in arguments much anymore because so many pricks get offended at anything,for example I’ve watched with astonishment this week at the praise Grimes was getting from fans and the media for instance,I’m not singling him out he’s a decent player and whilst he had a good game on Wednesday he was being made out to be Pele.
You can add Roberts (he’s had a great season) as Cafu,Bidwell as Roberto Carlos and Guehi as Franz Beckenbauer.
I’ve never seen fans like Swansea fans to overrate things and there seems to be a massive sense of entitlement in a large majority of them.

Go on any message board and you will find the same. Cardiff's team are full of world beaters now. Bristol City's most berated players like Palmer now having extreme praise.

It's fickle. Which football fans generally are

Darran said:

I think as a Swansea fan then you will notice it more about your own club/fans but let's be honest here Darran, most fans are the same up and down the land.

It disappoints most of us when we lose but ultimately as it stands it is about us getting promoted or not...... Its better than us losing today on the basis of us fighting relegation. I think when the dust settles after a defeat and we realise the position we are in then it's not all doom and gloom.

magicdaps10 said:
Darran said:

I think as a Swansea fan then you will notice it more about your own club/fans but let's be honest here Darran, most fans are the same up and down the land.

It disappoints most of us when we lose but ultimately as it stands it is about us getting promoted or not...... Its better than us losing today on the basis of us fighting relegation. I think when the dust settles after a defeat and we realise the position we are in then it's not all doom and gloom.

Are they? I’ve no idea. I’d like to look at football fans and think some of them can see things for what they are. I don’t think many of ours can.

Fireboy said:
Swanjaxs said:

I'm hoping that bennett will be fit as we will struggle.

Absolutely mate, Stoke will go route 1 and throw the kitchen sink at us.
Smith has to start, even Cooper should be able to see this now, Manning for Bidwell and Whittaker for Ayew/Lowe Arriola for Dhanda.

Let's wait and see mush

I'm quite pleasantly drunk now and finding I couldn't give a toss. Win some, lose some. Each game is a stand alone mystery box. Roll on next week. Two more rolls of the tombola.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back