• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Meltdown Thread

Fuck this shit I'm a Man Citeh fan now anyway 💙

Put the word out bitches 😎

Darran said:
Being serious I never get worked up when we lose anymore or go the opposite way when we win or put players on pedestals.
I’ve said for the last two seasons that we aren’t a great side or squad and most of our performances under Cooper show that but he’s got results.
I honestly believe the Championship is poor league and anyone can beat anyone and most sides can reach the play-offs with a little luck.
As for the players they are mostly overrated. I don’t get involved in arguments much anymore because so many pricks get offended at anything,for example I’ve watched with astonishment this week at the praise Grimes was getting from fans and the media for instance,I’m not singling him out he’s a decent player and whilst he had a good game on Wednesday he was being made out to be Pele.
You can add Roberts (he’s had a great season) as Cafu,Bidwell as Roberto Carlos and Guehi as Franz Beckenbauer.
I’ve never seen fans like Swansea fans to overrate things and there seems to be a massive sense of entitlement in a large majority of them.

That's....surprisingly fair from Dazbag.

Cards on the table, I'm not a massive fan of Cooper and I probably never will be. I dislike his natural caution and for the most part under his tenure we've been f*cking dull to watch. We're basically Paul Clement's Swansea City, but a division lower. However, he's managed to make us a decent, hard to beat Championship team this season and we are where we are in large part to the work he and Margetson have put in.

We've probably got as much chance of achieving promotion as any other side in the top seven so I guess we'll see how things pan out.

Dr. Winston said:
Darran said:
Being serious I never get worked up when we lose anymore or go the opposite way when we win or put players on pedestals.
I’ve said for the last two seasons that we aren’t a great side or squad and most of our performances under Cooper show that but he’s got results.
I honestly believe the Championship is poor league and anyone can beat anyone and most sides can reach the play-offs with a little luck.
As for the players they are mostly overrated. I don’t get involved in arguments much anymore because so many pricks get offended at anything,for example I’ve watched with astonishment this week at the praise Grimes was getting from fans and the media for instance,I’m not singling him out he’s a decent player and whilst he had a good game on Wednesday he was being made out to be Pele.
You can add Roberts (he’s had a great season) as Cafu,Bidwell as Roberto Carlos and Guehi as Franz Beckenbauer.
I’ve never seen fans like Swansea fans to overrate things and there seems to be a massive sense of entitlement in a large majority of them.

That's....surprisingly fair from Dazbag.

Cards on the table, I'm not a massive fan of Cooper and I probably never will be. I dislike his natural caution and for the most part under his tenure we've been f*cking dull to watch. We're basically Paul Clement's Swansea City, but a division lower. However, he's managed to make us a decent, hard to beat Championship team this season and we are where we are in large part to the work he and Margetson have put in.

We've probably got as much chance of achieving promotion as any other side in the top seven so I guess we'll see how things pan out.

For me he’s gone into too many games not to lose instead of going into them to win.

I can't fault the work that Cooper has done but it does remind me of the Sousa year. In that perhaps it maybe someone else to take us a step further...

A4Jack said:
I can't fault the work that Cooper has done but it does remind me of the Sousa year. In that perhaps it maybe someone else to take us a step further...

Towards the end of last season I argued in favour of him saying that if we reach the play-offs and fall at basically the final hurdle he’s earned another season for a great effort in his first season in senior management.
If we were to basically fall at the final hurdle this season I think I’d thank him for his efforts and look elsewhere.

A4Jack said:

It's not a bad comparison. We've got better forwards now than Sousa had available, but I've always given Sousa more respect because he basically had to reset things after Martinez shat all over us. Another year and maybe Paulo would have taken us up.

Cooper however didn't have to do that. He inherited a team finding it's way going forward but he didn't build on that. It's not his style. His style has us knocking on the door of the autos so a certain amount of respect is due, but it's hard to love.

Well, from my perspective we did today what we do too often. We go a goal up and resort to walking football. Our players fall asleep and think that by passing the ball sideways and backwards we can hold on to the lead we had (today, luckily) gained.

Cooper should take a leaf out of Alex Ferguson's book and stick a rocket up some of these players backsides. Ayew is too selfish. Lowe only plays when he feels like. Hourihane is just fecking irritating. I want to see more passion, more speed of thought and movement and a whole game commitment. I don't buy the "tiredness" crap either. These are meant to be young fit men being paid mind boggling amounts of money. They only need to get their heads down for 10 years and they earn multiples of what the average Joe can ever hope for. Cooper just can't seem to see that it ain't working and should be firmer with some of the players and drop them. Give it a fecking go or die trying.

This Lidl Australian Shiraz is lovely......

Thing is when we are winning we get carried away, when we lose it really bursts our bubble.
None of this team would get into the side we has 10 years ago.
Grimes and Ayew horrendously overrated as is woodman.

dickythorpe said:
Thing is when we are winning we get carried away, when we lose it really bursts our bubble.
None of this team would get into the side we has 10 years ago.
Grimes and Ayew horrendously overrated as is woodman.

That’s exactly it Dick. No middle ground whatsoever.

Swanjaxs said:
f**k this s**t I'm a Man Citeh fan now anyway 💙

Put the word out bitches 😎

Not me lol btw

Don't put your tablet down unattended with your son about 👍😩

It was the classic game of two halves. The first, we can blame poor finishing, the referee and some very good or fortunate goalkeeping. The second, it was about one side losing confidence and momentum, with the other gaining both. I said to my son at half time, this was now a test for the managers, and so it proved. I'm afraid it was a bitter pill, that will hopefully result in a remedy, with Cooper and the players being honest with themselves and improving.

I think the play offs is now more likely given the ups and downs that likely lie ahead. It's better than relegation battles, or mid table mediocrity.

Dr. Winston said:
A4Jack said:

It's not a bad comparison. We've got better forwards now than Sousa had available, but I've always given Sousa more respect because he basically had to reset things after Martinez shat all over us. Another year and maybe Paulo would have taken us up.

Cooper however didn't have to do that. He inherited a team finding it's way going forward but he didn't build on that. It's not his style. His style has us knocking on the door of the autos so a certain amount of respect is due, but it's hard to love.

Think you have hit the nail on the head there. Sousa had a strong team but you can't compare Kuqi, Beattie and a past it Trundle to Ayew and Lowe. Although arguably the pair of them aren't particularly helping that argument.

Thinking back now, we had some really bad off days where the defence got smashed and we had no answer. Remembering Blackpool 5-1 away, bit like the horror show at WBA last year or Hudds last week. The football was pretty boring but overall I felt the squad was pretty strong.

You can even match up Orlandi for Dhanda. Mind you thinking back to that strike force I would take Pintado on the bench

Jinxy said:
It was the classic game of two halves. The first, we can blame poor finishing, the referee and some very good or fortunate goalkeeping. The second, it was about one side losing confidence and momentum, with the other gaining both. I said to my son at half time, this was now a test for the managers, and so it proved. I'm afraid it was a bitter pill, that will hopefully result in a remedy, with Cooper and the players being honest with themselves and improving.

I think the play offs is now more likely given the ups and downs that likely lie ahead. It's better than relegation battles, or mid table mediocrity.
Also another case of Cooper letting the game drift by and not seeing the oncoming train approaching at 100mph 😩

Darran said:
A4Jack said:

Towards the end of last season I argued in favour of him saying that if we reach the play-offs and fall at basically the final hurdle he’s earned another season for a great effort in his first season in senior management.
If we were to basically fall at the final hurdle this season I think I’d thank him for his efforts and look elsewhere.

I would agree and I certainly wouldn't be disappointed if he was to.leave. i like the guy but there's something I'm missing with him. He's learning and I think he has a lot of great qualities but he has some extemely stubborn traits that often detract from the good he does.

Difficulty is in that long term we may be in a better position to not go up this year and go up with a real chance of survival. Do I think we would stand a chance in the Premier League even with a few new signings? No chance. Our approach would absolutely play into the hands of teams and it would be another Carvalhal Ferrari in traffic nonsense.

But this may be our only chance. Time will tell

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back