• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Moving House

PSumbler

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In the process at the moment of moving house as part of a downsizing project for a variety of reasons (maybe this site doesnt justify the spend any more - long gone are the days of £1 per post :lol: :lol: )

Seriously though need a change in tact on life totally - the amount of crap we have stored over the years is unbelievable, be on first name terms with those at the tip before much longer.

Need to throw things out more often :lol:

Moved house eleven years ago and still have things boxed that we brought with us. A garage clearance and tip run are two of those jobs that I always manage to put off.

Which wing did you start on, Phil? East or West?

exiledclaseboy said:
I hate moving. Never doing it again. Where you going to?

I am definitely at the "never again" stage of it

Heading back to Swansea - got a house just as Morriston becomes Treboeth - depending what you read its one or the other :lol: :lol:

Closer to family (not too close) and most things that we do socially (which isnt much :lol: )

PSumbler said:
exiledclaseboy said:
I hate moving. Never doing it again. Where you going to?

Heading back to Swansea - got a house just as Morriston becomes Treboeth - depending what you read its one or the other :lol: :lol:

Closer to family (not too close) and most things that we do socially (which isnt much :lol: )

That sounds like Llangyfelach or thereabouts. Or even lower Clase!

Cooperman said:
Moved house eleven years ago and still have things boxed that we brought with us. A garage clearance and tip run are two of those jobs that I always manage to put off.

Parts of it have been theraputic but I am generally scared how many clothes I had

We have a new rule

* I must stop buying stuff in the club shop
* The Mrs must stop buying CHristmas stuff (decorations etc)
* The eldest must stop buying mugs
* The youngest must stop buying shoes

Thankfully the dog travels light

Cooperman said:
Which wing did you start on, Phil? East or West?

Stupid question

The staff do the East

exiledclaseboy said:
PSumbler said:

That sounds like Llangyfelach or thereabouts. Or even lower Clase!
I'm going Simcox Estate 🤔 Very posh up there...

I've moved 8 times and we will need to downsize and move again in the next few years. F***ing nightmare every time. It is a good opportunity to ditch stuff, or as I like to think of it, accumulate new stuff.

monmouth said:
I've moved 8 times and we will need to downsize and move again in the next few years. F***ing nightmare every time. It is a good opportunity to ditch stuff, or as I like to think of it, accumulate new stuff.

Is it downsizing because of the expense of a bigger house? I've spent the last ten years rattling around in a three bed semi and never really found the place too big for just me. Going to be a big adjustment when Mrs Winston and I decide to finally move in together.

We moved 4 times in 6 years, this included 2 moves in 6 months as we’d sold our place and had to rent while we looked for something else, it was a complete and utter nightmare. Did most of the moves myself in a rental van and it was hard going. The last move we got someone in and they were brilliant and worth every penny.

Moved my parents a few years ago so they could be nearer us, we used Colwill removals from Briton Ferry who were absolutely brilliant. The services was excellent and price was good too. Brilliant people to deal with.

Dr. Winston said:
monmouth said:

Is it downsizing because of the expense of a bigger house? I've spent the last ten years rattling around in a three bed semi and never really found the place too big for just me. Going to be a big adjustment when Mrs Winston and I decide to finally move in together.

Aye, cleaning, maintenance, garden, decorating all seem a constant pain. Like the bloody Forth Rail Bridge it is. I do like the space, but we hardly sit in the lounge and don’t need 5 bedrooms. It’s a lot of money tied up when you have no kids and are knocking on too. Equity release is better than it was, but I’d rather think about that in our last residence. Which I suppose might be this one if I accept that we can’t keep it as I’d want it; it’s quiet and secure, but doesn’t make much financial sense even with the cost of moving.

When the in-laws were slowing down we spent several days clearing out their loft in readiness for them moving somewhere low-maintenance.

Well, the feckers had kept every box from every item they'd bought in sixty years of marriage.

Unfortunately every item we pulled out of the loft was immediately seized by one or other of the old codgers who began a long diatribe of where they came upon this item, what they did with it, where they'd like to put it in their next house. It was bizarre.

Consequently Mrs Bear is now ruthless about keeping our own "baggage" in check, constantly badgering me to Chuck stuff out so the kids won't have to deal with it. It's a PITA.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back