• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Moving House

PSumbler said:
They were at the end of the chain just pulled out - chain was only four.

Everything is much slower than it used to be - interest rates dont help but some of the issue is people home working on some days so things that used to take a minute seem to wait a couple of days until two people are back in the office together

In so many ways we have adapted to working at home but not everyone manages it as well as it should be

Not that it would have made any different when people pull out

Sorry to hear about you being let down. A few years ago a neighbour tried to exchange and complete in the same day. The sale went through and their purchase was pulled leaving them in the street with a removal van. The Scottish house sale process is so much better.

Jackmanandboy said:
Sorry to hear about you being let down. A few years ago a neighbour tried to exchange and complete in the same day. The sale went through and their purchase was pulled leaving them in the street with a removal van. The Scottish house sale process is so much better.

Definitely much to be said for the Scottish system as it does give the seller some level of protection

I'm a little "it wasn't meant to be" now on the whole process but doesnt work all the time! Feel for your neighbour on that one totally!

After spending all week moving house a few years back culminating in what I can only describe as a horrendous Saturday I thought my job was done as I carried the last box in at 11 at night. Most unhappy I was to be informed by the missus that now, right now, was the time the cot had to be transformed into a bed I was delighted to find I had no tools. Off to bed I thought only to find a wok thrust into my hand along with the instruction “crack on, you can do anything if you’ve got a wok”

There's a lesson there to be learned for us all there Tim, somewhere

Hope you get another buyer soon Phil. How does that leave you with your purchase?

jack_lord said:
Hope you get another buyer soon Phil. How does that leave you with your purchase?

At the moment the guy that owns it says he will wait two weeks before deciding whether to remarket straight away so we have a chance of retaining it.

PSumbler said:
At the moment the guy that owns it says he will wait two weeks before deciding whether to remarket straight away so we have a chance of retaining it.

Good luck. 🤞

Fingers crossed Phil. We've been really lucky in that we completed on our flat with 3 days to spare on the original stamp duty holiday. We then got lucky in that we had a week left on our mortgage offer and completed then (pesky freehold and lease issues). It's such a pain!

And yes, I'm working on Mrs WK and she's agreed to sort through the bags of kids clothes when our youngest starts school next year!

There is no better feeling than disposing of detritus in the loft/garden/house

Darran said:
I was chatting Sumblers wife up in Port Talbot last week and believe me she was very angry.

It's odd as when she came home she said "and to top it all some scruffy tramp was asking her for money" :lol: :lol:

PSumbler said:
It's odd as when she came home she said "and to top it all some scruffy tramp was asking her for money" :lol: :lol:

She's described him well, very well, spot on in fact :lol:

Skippyjack said:
How dare you, Darran has wonderful flowing locks

I beg to differ, every time see him I get the urge to give him a quid to buy a cup of tea. :lol:

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back