• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Next 5 League Games

ABSwan

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
I'm sure last season all the next 5 games would be seen as winnable, this season I feel they will be hit and miss as we hone in on the style of play and hopefully will see the players improve.

Preston (away)
Hull (home)
Millwall (home)
Luton (away)
Huddersfield (home)

The next after these will be a tough Fulham (away).

Preston are currently 20th 3pts, 1 win (Peterborough (h) 1-0, this week) and 3 losses (Huddersfield (a) 0-1, Reading (a) 1-2 and Hull (h) 1-4).
Hull are currently 19th 3pts, 1 win (Preston (a) 4-1, first game) and 3 losses (Fulham (a) 0-2, Derby (h) 0-1 and QPR (h) 0-3).
Millwall are currently 21st 2pts, 2 draws (QPR (a) 1-1 and Blackburn (h) 1-1) and 2 losses (Fulham (h) 1-2 and Cardiff (a) 1-3).
Luton are currently 11th 6pts, 2 wins (Peterborough (h) 3-0 and Barnsley (a) 1-0) and 2 losses (West Brom (a) 2-3 and Birmingham (h) 0-5).
Huddersfield are currently 10th 7pts, 2 wins (Sheff Utd (a) 2-1 and Preston (h) 1-0), 1 draw (Derby (a) 1-1) and 1 loss (Fulham (h) 1-5).

Hopefully, the first 3 at least, we pick up max points.

Every game is winnable, and lovable, in this division. Even more so for us at the moment. For the first time in two years I’m actually expecting to enjoy my ringside seat.

9 points from those first 3 games would be a fantastic return, not sure it's realistic though.

I'd happily take 2 wins and a draw from those 5 games if that goes along with the players improving in the new manager's system.

JackSomething said:
9 points from those first 3 games would be a fantastic return, not sure it's realistic though.

I'd happily take 2 wins and a draw from those 5 games if that goes along with the players improving in the new manager's system.

You’d happily take 2 losses from the next 5 games!? That’s weird. I don’t mind if we lose as long as we play well, definitely wouldn’t happily take losses before a ball is kicked though. 😂

Someone please explain how you can predict those results? Walking out after the Sheff utd game, literally nobody would have expected what happened few days later.

Ross said:
JackSomething said:

You’d happily take 2 losses from the next 5 games!? That’s weird. I don’t mind if we lose as long as we play well, definitely wouldn’t happily take losses before a ball is kicked though. 😂

Let me rephrase it a bit. As a Swans fan, I want 5 wins from the next five games. But looking at the whole picture of where our team is at the moment and how competitive this division is, I would see 7 points from the next 15 available as acceptable if it's combined with signs that the team is getting better.

Most fans when Martin was appointed (and after we lost so many important players this summer) stated they'd be happy with a mid-table finish and football that was entertaining to watch. 7 points from 15 sounds like mid-table form to me.

It's great that you won't happily take losses before a ball is kicked and you can have this week's Swans Super Fan award if you like, but how you feel is hardly going to affect what happens on the pitch is it? I was making the point that expecting 3 wins from the next 3 games is pretty unrealistic. If we do achieve that, I'll bow down to ABSwan's predictive abilities.

Swans should get a hat full of points from those next 5 league games, but will they.

1 down, 0 points.

hope we sign someone before the window shuts and the training over the next two weeks provides a miracle.

I'd say two home wins and one home draw. 7 points. The next grouo of teams are not as good as Sheffield or Bristol in my opinion. However we made Blackburn look like world beaters and Preston were all over us so, if we are in for a shock, so be it. A few more players returning and a few tactical changes and we could be in with a decent chance. We do look like a bottom half team but that can be enough for most clubs in this division. I can see a few owners scratching their heads if we are in the bottom three after ten games.

Baron Goblet said:
I'd say two home wins and one home draw. 7 points. The next grouo of teams are not as good as Sheffield or Bristol in my opinion. However we made Blackburn look like world beaters and Preston were all over us so, if we are in for a shock, so be it. A few more players returning and a few tactical changes and we could be in with a decent chance. We do look like a bottom half team but that can be enough for most clubs in this division. I can see a few owners scratching their heads if we are in the bottom three after ten games.

To be honest we looked like a bottom 3 side yesterday, but there are players to come back.

Martin mentioned he’s ramped training up as we are short on fitness compared to other sides and that was very evident. Could explain how lacklustre we were yesterday. Next few weeks massive.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back