• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

NI and dividend tax set to rise.

Itchysphincter

Ivor Allchurch
Reaction score
To pay for covid.

Once again this thieving, lying, stinking government robs from the poor and those given the least support.

Apparently dividend tax to rise to stop the self-employed avoiding paying. Well after many years of believing that I was self employed I was excluded from self employed support schemes because I run a company, and therefore was an an employee of that company, so did not qualify.

For the avoidance of doubt, self employed people do not pay themselves dividends, shareholders and directors do, hence why I was disqualified. Now tax on my earnings is going up to pay for the support I never received.

On the other hand I was disqualified from universal credit because for the purposes of UC I was considered self employed and money in the business was considered my personal income. This band of snake oil salesmen are criminals and have used Brexit and Covid to turn the masses against each other to strengthen their position. No doubt there will be be cheerleaders for Bodger’s Circus as they rejoice that the 3 million plus of us are being shafted.

The decision to be self employed or set up a Limited Company is a difficult one, I opted for a Limited Company to protect my family. Like you I lost access to some benefits, I had good advice at the time which meant I was able to limit some of the impacts.
This increase to pay for health and social care has been avoided for decades, it will be interesting to see what happens over the next 5 years.

I’d like to see someone stamp all over his f*cking face.
Anyone that voted for this scum needs a good kicking too.

Darran said:

You couldn't stamp over anyone's f*cking face, you big girls blouse.

Keep voting Labour people, look at Swansea after 20+ years of Welsh Labour 😢

The day after the last election he said he had a plan to solve the care crisis.

The day before the election he was running on a promise not to increase National Insurance.

His plan to solve the care crisis is to raise National Insurance.

I rest my case.

J_B said:
The day after the last election he said he had a plan to solve the care crisis.

The day before the election he was running on a promise not to increase National Insurance.

His plan to solve the care crisis is to raise National Insurance.

I rest my case.

A fair majority of the monies spent on covid has gone to their mates who set up businesses to supply ppe etc and ballsed it up, but still made fortunes, which I'm sure these ministers will benefit from one way or the other, corrupt to the core.

Jackmanandboy said:
The decision to be self employed or set up a Limited Company is a difficult one, I opted for a Limited Company to protect my family. Like you I lost access to some benefits, I had good advice at the time which meant I was able to limit some of the impacts.
This increase to pay for health and social care has been avoided for decades, it will be interesting to see what happens over the next 5 years.

I had no choice to be limited over a decade ago as the companied I work for will not engage a sole trader. It was not a choice.

Darran said:

Liars and thieves they are Dar.

They don't have supporters, they have fans. Stupid, stupid people. The country has gone down the plughole on their watch.

Samba said:
Darran said:

Look at the UK after a decade of Tory rule.

VAT aside, probably the most regressive tax there is. Disproportionately paid by the lower paid. No wonder it was the first thing they turned to to raise. It’s so Tory. The only surprise is that we’re surprised.

exiledclaseboy said:
VAT aside, probably the most regressive tax there is. Disproportionately paid by the lower paid. No wonder it was the first thing they turned to to raise. It’s so Tory. The only surprise is that we’re surprised.

Why the hell is social care not paid out an increase in inheritance tax?

Itchysphincter said:
Samba said:

Look at the UK after a decade of Tory rule.

Before the Tories came back into power mate Wales were already up shìt creek, more so areas outside the SE region. I know each party blames the opposition they took power from but the way Labour left this country was criminal.

I really don't understand Labour voters(I used to be one)in Wales when we can all see the way in which they treat constituencies outside of the SE region yet still vote for them...IMHO Labour are only decent if you're sick, pretending to be sick or just bloody lazy! Otherwise us hard working folk get rogered royally.

monmouth said:
exiledclaseboy said:

You’ll have to ask someone who thinks like a Tory.

exiledclaseboy said:
monmouth said:

You’ll have to ask someone who thinks like a Tory.

Don't have to think like a Tory, just do a bit of Googling, the issue seems to be that there ways to avoid inheritance tax; family trusts, transfer of assets to family members, setting up of different legal entities such as companies to protect assets etc. These are all run of the mill processes that are difficult to legislate against as you can't stop companies being established and people investing in them for example. Taxes on earnings are the easiest and most secure way for any government to increase income.

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back