• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Trust to get £6m windfall in share dividend payout!

monmouth said:
waynekerr55 said:
Is Lisa no longer involved, Monny?

Don't know mate. I hope so, and she has some influence with the new board and the strategy. I'd thought she stood down, but I was mixing it up with Dai.

Lisa no longer appears on the Trust’s site where she was previously listed as finance affiliate or something similar (in the same way as Dai was previously shown as legal affiliate) so I think it’s fair to say she’s no longer involved.

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/meet-the-trust-board/

exiledclaseboy said:
monmouth said:
Don't know mate. I hope so, and she has some influence with the new board and the strategy. I'd thought she stood down, but I was mixing it up with Dai.

Lisa no longer appears on the Trust’s site where she was previously listed as finance affiliate or something similar (in the same way as Dai was previously shown as legal affiliate) so I think it’s fair to say she’s no longer involved.

Big loss imo. Very competent woman.

monmouth said:
exiledclaseboy said:

Big loss imo. Very competent woman.

Indeed she is.

exiledclaseboy said:
monmouth said:

:eek: :( That's a real big blow for the Trust if that is the case - not sure if thats been publicly said? If it has I missed it

Garyjack said:
PSumbler said:
I will say now that never was anybody banned from Planet Swans - either here or when I ran it on fansnetwork - for having a differing point of view to that stance taken from the Trust.

There were a couple of bans issued for other reasons which those involved liked to believe it was for differing but failed to see the point that - as CHair - I stood in front of members who could give that view so I couldnt exactly shut it down online

The reason that some didnt post when it was PS but do now is a matter for them to decide but it won't be because it was different to the party line - if it was then as you referenced you would have been banned for your viewpoint - and you werent

The non legal action on day 1 was the "least worst option" at that stage - the moment the Americans tried to change the terms of that offer (in my mind) there was only one way to go and the board followed that during my last 2 years there and certainly the first year since I left. I don'tknow if that is still the case but I would assume if it wasn't it can only be at the request of the members who would surely have to vote again

As for Resloven I think we can all assume that he/she is very close to someone within the original shareholders, its probably a question of which family more than anything

Phil, i remember reading from you at about the time you stepped down, that you would continue to oversee or be involved in the case through to it's conclusion. m i right in assuming this is no longer the case? And if so, are you able tell us why not?

It was very much a case of when I first stood down of having some involvement.

The Trust board (under Andy) structured in a way where they had their legal sub group which was made up of board members(rightly so) and then an "consulting" group who were asked for opinions/input into the direction and updated a little on progression (although I dont expect and wouldnt expect it to be knowledge of everything) Dai Little as a former board member was also part of that

Since Andy and Stuart stood down then I havent been involved at all - I dont know if the board structured itself differently or if that group exists but I know I'm not part of it

Garyjack said:
Darran said:
Regardless of what side you’re on Resloven has posted many lies and misinformation to confuse fans about the Trust and legal case.
It’s nothing to do with banning someone for having a difference of opinion it’s about nipping it in the bud when a legal case is in the pipeline.
There’s obviously a reason he wasn’t on there when the likes of myself,Cudey,Phil,Monny,Uxbridge were regulars on there.

Apparently he was on SCFC2, and was banned from there under various different usernames. Keith is aware of this, so i'm at a loss as to why he hasn't done the same for the reasons you've stated!

FWIW I personally wouldnt want to see him banned. The more he posts, the more he shows it to be nothing more than an agenda and batting on behalf of the other side - which part of that other side it is open to debate but he is currently I suspect doing more harm than good on behalf of his "friends"

I have a reasonable suspicion it is a family member of a former shareholder of the football club

PSumbler said:
Garyjack said:
Phil, i remember reading from you at about the time you stepped down, that you would continue to oversee or be involved in the case through to it's conclusion. m i right in assuming this is no longer the case? And if so, are you able tell us why not?

The Trust board (under Andy) structured in a way where they had their legal sub group which was made up of board members(rightly so) and then an "consulting" group who were asked for opinions/input into the direction and updated a little on progression (although I dont expect and wouldnt expect it to be knowledge of everything) Dai Little as a former board member was also part of that

Since Andy and Stuart stood down then I havent been involved at all - I dont know if the board structured itself differently or if that group exists but I know I'm not part of it

Seems very strange that you are not part of it. Any small detail could be lost and discussions within the Trust being carried out on maybe assumptions and not fact. I would hope that issues would be checked and double checked with people who were involved at the time

PSumbler said:
exiledclaseboy said:

:eek: :( That's a real big blow for the Trust if that is the case - not sure if thats been publicly said? If it has I missed it

Someone drew my attention to this thread. Apologies, I’ve not posted on any site for quite some time due to other commitments and just, meh, you know…

Anyway. To clarify, I resigned from the position of trust finance and commercial affiliate back in early October as I didn’t think it was right for me to continue and I have had no involvement since then.
Thanks for the kind words from many posters.
I remain a fervent advocate of fan ownership, a massive believer in football clubs as an integral, inseparable part of the cities we all call home and truly hope that the future sees many future generations able to proverbially stand on the terraces with their kids and grandkids as I did with my grandad some 45 years ago.

Londonlisa2001 said:
PSumbler said:

Someone drew my attention to this thread. Apologies, I’ve not posted on any site for quite some time due to other commitments and just, meh, you know…

Anyway. To clarify, I resigned from the position of trust finance and commercial affiliate back in early October as I didn’t think it was right for me to continue and I have had no involvement since then.
I remain a fervent advocate of fan ownership, a massive believer in football clubs as an integral, inseparable part of the cities we all call home and truly hope that the future sees many future generations able to proverbially stand on the terraces with their kids and grandkids as I did with my grandad some 45 years ago.

That's a real blow from the Trust and a little surprised that nobody from the Trust has said this publicly - I'm hoping that they have someone suitably qualified to replace you as I know of the huge insight and support you gave the board first hand

As ever, best wishes for the festive season to you and your family

3swan said:
PSumbler said:

Seems very strange that you are not part of it. Any small detail could be lost and discussions within the Trust being carried out on maybe assumptions and not fact. I would hope that issues would be checked and double checked with people who were involved at the time

I guess that when it comes to court I will be a key witness given the volume of time I had to put into various statements over the past few years- I wouldn't know but maybe the others remain part of it and its just my services no longer required

I do read though that it takes the new board "time" to "get up to speed" with the case which really shouldn't happen as the whole board was immersed in the case for several years - it was what eventually exhausted too many board members

Londonlisa2001 said:
PSumbler said:

Thanks for all of your work, Lisa

PSumbler said:
3swan said:

I guess that when it comes to court I will be a key witness given the volume of time I had to put into various statements over the past few years- I wouldn't know but maybe the others remain part of it and its just my services no longer required

I do read though that it takes the new board "time" to "get up to speed" with the case which really shouldn't happen as the whole board was immersed in the case for several years - it was what eventually exhausted too many board members

Still think it’s strange that you aren’t kept in the loop so as not having to play catch up if and when it gets to court

Londonlisa2001 said:
PSumbler said:

That's extremely bad news for anyone that has any interest in a professional and competent Supporters Trust. It's not often someone like you comes along - and for free - like the proverbial Gift Horse. Thanks for the efforts Lisa. Hope the dog is well.

I'm going to be presumptuously potentially unfair again now and say that I hope we haven't now got amateur hour in the Trust. If they don't get it to court effectively or cock it up because they've sacrificed the necessary expertise on the altar of some 'we know better' egos, they'd better be ready for some potentially severe consequences.

monmouth said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

That's extremely bad news for anyone that has any interest in a professional and competent Supporters Trust. It's not often someone like you comes along - and for free - like the proverbial Gift Horse. Thanks for the efforts Lisa. Hope the dog is well.

I'm going to be presumptuously potentially unfair again now and say that I hope we haven't now got amateur hour in the Trust. If they don't get it to court effectively or cock it up because they've sacrificed the necessary expertise on the altar of some 'we know better' egos, they'd better be ready for some potentially severe consequences.

I sincerely hope i am wrong, but i am quickly coming to the conclusion that the current trust board are weak, and have little desire to see this through. If that is the case then they need to resign. Do they not understand the responsibilities they have bestowed upon themselves? Volunteers or not, they put themselves forward for election for the roles that they hold.
This may sound a bit harsh as none of us now exactly what is going on, and that is the problem, the silence is deafening, we need a full and frank update from them, and we need it now.

monmouth said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

All of this.

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back