• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Trust to get £6m windfall in share dividend payout!

Garyjack said:
monmouth said:
That's extremely bad news for anyone that has any interest in a professional and competent Supporters Trust. It's not often someone like you comes along - and for free - like the proverbial Gift Horse. Thanks for the efforts Lisa. Hope the dog is well.

I'm going to be presumptuously potentially unfair again now and say that I hope we haven't now got amateur hour in the Trust. If they don't get it to court effectively or cock it up because they've sacrificed the necessary expertise on the altar of some 'we know better' egos, they'd better be ready for some potentially severe consequences.

I sincerely hope i am wrong, but i am quickly coming to the conclusion that the current trust board are weak, and have little desire to see this through. If that is the case then they need to resign. Do they not understand the responsibilities they have bestowed upon themselves? Volunteers or not, they put themselves forward for election for the roles that they hold.
This may sound a bit harsh as none of us now exactly what is going on, and that is the problem, the silence is deafening, we need a full and frank update from them, and we need it now.

Ths also.

One of our sellouts

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/ospreys-chairman-rob-davies-stands-22392003

Garyjack said:
monmouth said:
That's extremely bad news for anyone that has any interest in a professional and competent Supporters Trust. It's not often someone like you comes along - and for free - like the proverbial Gift Horse. Thanks for the efforts Lisa. Hope the dog is well.

I'm going to be presumptuously potentially unfair again now and say that I hope we haven't now got amateur hour in the Trust. If they don't get it to court effectively or cock it up because they've sacrificed the necessary expertise on the altar of some 'we know better' egos, they'd better be ready for some potentially severe consequences.

I sincerely hope i am wrong, but i am quickly coming to the conclusion that the current trust board are weak, and have little desire to see this through. If that is the case then they need to resign. Do they not understand the responsibilities they have bestowed upon themselves? Volunteers or not, they put themselves forward for election for the roles that they hold.
This may sound a bit harsh as none of us now exactly what is going on, and that is the problem, the silence is deafening, we need a full and frank update from them, and we need it now.

The mandate from the members was to follow legal action

It would be my understanding that to go against that legal action would require a further consultation

PSumbler said:
Garyjack said:

It would be my understanding that to go against that legal action would require a further consultation

If they did that i'm afraid the Trust would be finished. I hope that they take that into account before considering such an action.

PSumbler said:
Garyjack said:

It wouldn’t require it (technically the trust didn’t require a membership vote to go for legal action in the first place) but it would be a brave (insert your preferred adjective here) trust board that decided to abandon legal action without asking the members first. Certainly it would be something I’d want no part of.

I’m doing a proper Jack123 on this one. The evils of Christmas drink.

monmouth said:
Ok I’ll say it and risk the outrage. What’s to stop the yanks or sellouts attempting to bribe them as individuals to drop the action? Maybe that question says more about me than anything, but there we go.

Too far that I reckon.

:shock:
monmouth said:
Ok I’ll say it and risk the outrage. What’s to stop the yanks or sellouts attempting to bribe them as individuals to drop the action? Maybe that question says more about me than anything, but there we go.

The law?

exiledclaseboy said:
PSumbler said:

It wouldn’t require it (technically the trust didn’t require a membership vote to go for legal action in the first place) but it would be a brave (insert your preferred adjective here) trust board that decided to abandon legal action without asking the members first. Certainly it would be something I’d want no part of.

Valid point but it would also go against everything that has always been said publicly that these things should go to the members (morally if not legally) Like you said it would be "brave" at best

exiledclaseboy said:
monmouth said:

Too far that I reckon.

I’m not saying they’d accept, nor that it would happen, as I’d certainly hope that all parties have far more integrity, but I’ve worked with American companies that would do that in a heartbeat,

Anyway I accept the answer is “not possible”.

In fact, I withdraw the question. Been on a Christmas lunch (not at no. 10).

The latest - Piroe is going to be sold in January and it's going to be the trust's fault.

Chief said:
The latest - Piroe is going to be sold in January and it's going to be the trust's fault.

You and Resloven are the thickest posters to ever post on a forum, stop clogging up threads mun

:cool:
Skippyjack said:
Chief said:

You and Resloven are the thickest posters to ever post on a forum, stop clogging up threads mun

Haha brilliant. Do you sense the irony?

The latest - in an unprecedented move, the judge in the case will rule in favour of the trust, but also impose sanctions on them, such as ordering them to give up their shares due to fractuous relationship between shareholders.

Give up their shares or have them bought at a fair price ?

This has dragged on so long, not overly interested.

How much will the trust get for their shares ?

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back