• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Ogbeta to Peterborough?

Lincoln McFayden was knocking on the first team door before he got injured a year ago. Not much of a defender but gets forward really effectively (when he manages to stay onside). Turns 22 in a few weeks so past due for some senior football here or elsewhere. Sam Parker played there a couple of times this season. Kian Jenkins is also a left back but probably doesn't have the engine for it and is playing other positions.

I'd expect to see Pedersen or Humphreys there before any of our youngsters tbh.
I think I’m quicker than Bashir he can’t play there surely. I don’t see Pederson sticking around either looking at his face last night on bench.

McFayden looked out of shape last time I saw him play, it was just after he came back from long term injury though to be fair.

Last edited:
For me Cabango and Darling need to be our CBs with Key and Tymon.
The only logical answer.

That back four plus Rushworth should be solid. Need rid of Wood, Bashir on the bench and keep Naugnton around as extra back up.

Midfield we need a strong number 6 type midfielder (not easy admittedly) along with probably a new front four.

If we get that we are laughing 😃

He's young enough for us to receive compensation from whoever he joins when his contract runs out in the summer at least like us signing Key.

Does anyone know though what the amount payable is based on? If its contribution to first team, we're not likely to get much.

I thought Phil was having an aneurism but then I realised it was a fake account

Last night was the wrong game to judge him on; Leicester will be much the same.

Set up with four at the back with Tymon, Humphreys, Darling and Key across the line, avoidance of the Grimes and Fulton double act, and a second body up front to act as someone to play off - then we play more to his strengths.
I’ve asked this before and don’t think I’ve got an answer. What strengths?

No hold up ability, no strength, no pace, total coward, takes up the wrong position for balls into the box, can only head free headers (when he doesn’t bottle out), misses half the easiest chances he gets, makes very few decent runs, and spends the whole game looking gormless and invisible.

Apart from that he’s great. The ‘play to his strengths’ just doesn’t wash based on anything we’ve seen. He can put away bounces and ricochets if they luckily drop in his unencumbered path. That’s where most of his goals have come from. I’m not sure how you play to that. I recon he might be able to shoot from the edge of the box, but he’s almost never clever enough to get himself space on the edge of the box.

Anything can happen in football to make arseholes of all of us, but I’d sum him up in 3 words. Crap, get rid.

Ogbeta scores two minutes into his debut.
Another one that I think we have criminally mismanaged.

Ogbeta scores two minutes into his debut.
Another one that I think we have criminally mismanaged.
It's great isn't it. Not giving chances to the players that we sign who have genuine potential yet play the duds we've spent millions on

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back