• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Ogbeta to Peterborough?

Morris is the man who might have the potential, one with the wealth.

The others who came in are just part of the original American group.

They need to bring in people who are invested and have a history of what we are as a club.
As you say, owners are going nowhere until someone buys them out and that doesn't seem to be an option at the moment, if does happen then it's a high chance it will be another foreign group.

The big and starting question is, who do they bring in underneath them with that feeling and knowledge to create that feel going down the line.

What they need is a supporters organisation to guide them through this and ensure good governance and correct decisions.

It's not 100% the answer but it would certainly help. What they have is a supporters organisation who are their patsys and do what they are told when they are told.

The problem with what you suggested (which is right BTW) is it requires those in charge to have a desire to listen to others and, I know from experience, that is something they do not want to do. You only have to read Gude's comments of how he can compare football with his business dealings in Washington politics. Deluded. And expensive.

Free or permanent?

Why the fuck get rid of the Toe then?
Loan, and he's out of contract in summer so basically just getting some wages covered until he leaves.

Really is a sad state of affairs at present.

The Ogbeta/Williams touch line interaction last night was interesting.

It looked like Ogbeta was pushing for game time, in return Williams offered some answer without really making eye contact. Ogbeta seemed completely disheartened by the discussion.

No idea what Williams said to him, he may well have talked about risk of injury prior to transfer movement, but then it begs the question as to why he was on the bench/warming up in the first place.

The Ogbeta/Williams touch line interaction last night was interesting.

It looked like Ogbeta was pushing for game time, in return Williams offered some answer without really making eye contact. Ogbeta seemed completely disheartened by the discussion.

No idea what Williams said to him, he may well have talked about risk of injury prior to transfer movement, but then it begs the question as to why he was on the bench/warming up in the first place.
I clockdd this too - v weird

Humphries was getting crucified out on the left by someone with trickery and pace.
The only real way to combat pace is with pace, if there was ever a game for Ogbeta to show what he can do then this was it.

Same for Kukharevych, Yates was as close to a non entity last night as in any game I had seen him. When the ball was cleared and we were desperate for someone to either win a free kick or hold up the ball to give us a breather I don't recall him winning a single duel the whole night.

Humphries was getting crucified out on the left by someone with trickery and pace.
The only real way to combat pace is with pace, if there was ever a game for Ogbeta to show what he can do then this was it.

Same for Kukharevych, Yates was as close to a non entity last night as in any game I had seen him. When the ball was cleared and we were desperate for someone to either win a free kick or hold up the ball to give us a breather I don't recall him winning a single duel the whole night.
Pre game I didn’t pay too much attention to last nights first eleven. Once the game started it took me 30 minutes to realise that we had started with Yates, up to then I thought we had Cullen as lone front man.

Pre game I didn’t pay too much attention to last nights first eleven. Once the game started it took me 30 minutes to realise that we had started with Yates, up to then I thought we had Cullen as lone front man.
I have tried to defend Yates on multiple occasions saying that we need to play in a way that suits him and I still hold that to be true, however there also has to come a time when you need to put in the hard graft as a striker to buy your side the time to be able to play the way that suits you. I didn't see any of that last night.

I have tried to defend Yates on multiple occasions saying that we need to play in a way that suits him and I still hold that to be true, however there also has to come a time when you need to put in the hard graft as a striker to buy your side the time to be able to play the way that suits you. I didn't see any of that last night.
Last night was the wrong game to judge him on; Leicester will be much the same.

Set up with four at the back with Tymon, Humphreys, Darling and Key across the line, avoidance of the Grimes and Fulton double act, and a second body up front to act as someone to play off - then we play more to his strengths.

For me Cabango and Darling need to be our CBs with Key and Tymon.
I consider Humphreys in a CB role a better option that Cabango. The problem with Humphreys is that we play him as WB.

While there's a pile-on on Watson, and deservedly so, this just goes to show that our problems are more deep rooted than just Watson. It's a case of blind leading the blind and that comes right from the top. The one thing that's worse than having clueless owners is having owners who are clueless but think they know what they're doing, despite copious evidence to the contrary over a number of years.

Sorry not read rest of thread, but who in the u21s can play LWB?

Tymon are our only option is it not?

Sorry not read rest of thread, but who in the u21s can play LWB?

Tymon are our only option is it not?
Lincoln McFayden was knocking on the first team door before he got injured a year ago. Not much of a defender but gets forward really effectively (when he manages to stay onside). Turns 22 in a few weeks so past due for some senior football here or elsewhere. Sam Parker played there a couple of times this season. Kian Jenkins is also a left back but probably doesn't have the engine for it and is playing other positions.

I'd expect to see Pedersen or Humphreys there before any of our youngsters tbh.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back