• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Our Owners

Nocountryforoldjack said:
Yeah you make a really good point and to be honest with you I could take getting relegated if it meant getting rid of the owners and rebuilding.

The only problem with that is that it’s not easy to come back up. I’d rather the owners realise they’re out of their depth before they relegate us (but am not holding my breath!).

jasper_T said:
We did some amazing sales from 2016 until relegation. £15m for Ash after his legs had gone. £20m+ for Andre Ayew. World record fee for a player Llorente's age at the time. Gylfi for mad money. Even Cork which I remembered as being low was still £10m so not awful (unless you compare it to the clowns we replaced him with).

Most of those are fair points, but no one will ever convince me we got the right money for Ash. Sky and BBC had it at £11m-12m. That was ridiculously low for an experienced PL defender, one of the best in the league outside the Top 6, captain of his country, and who had just been one of the best players of Euro 2016.

I would also point out that we were originally (and quite rightly) asking £50m for Gylfi before caving in and settling for £40m. Not poor money, but not what it could have been.

LeonWasTheDog's said:
The only problem with that is that it’s not easy to come back up. I’d rather the owners realise they’re out of their depth before they relegate us (but am not holding my breath!).

Good luck with that

Andrew - North Hill said:
I completely agree.

I don't want us to go down, but if we did, being two divisions below the land of milk and honey might just trigger them to finally piss off. Not sure they'd have the energy or interest in hanging around much longer.

The problem we'd have then is getting the right new owners, nothing straight forward is it. 😮‍💨

Our owners are an incompetence shambles who say the right words occasionally but rarely if ever deliver on those words.

It's an absolute joke with absolute silence.

magicdaps10 said:
Our owners are an incompetence shambles who say the right words occasionally but rarely if ever deliver on those words.

It's an absolute joke with absolute silence.

All gone very quiet hasn't it.

On quite a few fronts!
They really need to make an absolute statement with the appointment and they know it!
What we are seeing here is typical business script book behaviour unfortunately that suggests that they don't have a scooby doo on what or where to go.

16 days since sacking Duff and not any further to appointing a new manager, shambles is an understatement at this point.

Yeah you make a really good point and to be honest with you I could take getting relegated if it meant getting rid of the owners and rebuilding.

i recall lots on here saying that when we were struggling in the premier league, it didnt work out as planned then and unlikely to work out as planned should we get relegated again. in fact if we are relegated, i can only see us going further down very quickly.

If they wanted to sell, who is going to faff up the money they want.

What talented manager is going to mould and motivate the players in to a winning team - especially given the squad.

Nothing is going to turn around the downward trajectory that set in as soon as this hedge fund took over, the rot well and truly set in a long time ago, unfortunately, the Trust got themselves bummed because they didn't have the acumen to deal with hard nosed American businessmen, so, in a nutshell, administration will eventually be the end game, and us back where we started all those years ago.

That is the next level lads...

They are probably working through the large exec team to determine who’s job it is to provide an update.

monmouth said:
Their end game is clear. Sell and recoup an acceptable proportion of investment. Ideally that's all of it, and PL. It's not that they don't want to do that, it's that they are totally incompetent and have been since day one. They are also (rightly in my view) not prepared to risk more than a certain amount to achieve it. Where they have spent, it's just been on mostly inadequate players. Whenever they could take a poor football related decision, they have.

Putting a nobody idiot like Coleman in to front it was merely the latest fuckwittery on that front. Still nowhere near as low as wanting to give Dan James away, while dynamiting the ground under Potter. That IS something to thank Jenkins for.

Quote me on this in 5 years if the cretins still own us - we're never getting Prem League football under them. American owners are the worst, take a look at Man U.

Utterly clueless.

Roger said:
Quote me on this in 5 years if the cretins still own us - we're never getting Prem League football under them. American owners are the worst, take a look at Man U.

Utterly clueless.

Correct, a lot of people are waking up at last.

The propaganda poodle from the Neath Valley has been sent out to work overtime so you know things are bad.

Swanjaxs said:
Nothing is going to turn around the downward trajectory that set in as soon as this hedge fund took over, the rot well and truly set in a long time ago, unfortunately, the Trust got themselves bummed because they didn't have the acumen to deal with hard nosed American businessmen, so, in a nutshell, administration will eventually be the end game, and us back where we started all those years ago.

That is the next level lads...

“ they didn't have the acumen to deal with hard nosed American businessmen,”

That’s not true. The Trust got bummed initially due to a carve up by owners existing and new and subsequently by the unwillingness of some individuals to listen to those who knew what they were talking about.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back