• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Patterson - Again

STID2017

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
Not good enough for us, yet apparently good enough for Bournemouth and Blackburn (who will probably pay him a much better wage ?)
FFS he proved his worth in the first four months he was here and Piroe has looked much less of the player without him
We are a disaster ATM in my opinion

Who says he’s not good enough for us? We’ve just given him an 18 month contract on terms he agreed. It’s him that thinks he’s too good for us on his own terms now. He will disappear without trace at Muff, but come on then, if he’s good enough for them, let’s see them cough up the transfer fee.

monmouth said:
Who says he’s not good enough for us? We’ve just given him an 18 month contract on terms he agreed. It’s him that thinks he’s too good for us on his own terms now. He will disappear without trace at Muff, but come on then, if he’s good enough for them, let’s see them cough up the transfer fee.

Yep, this is the correct scenario.

I think they will Mon, and whatever we get for him won't get an equivalent replacement sadly.
Let's be honest we don't know what was said. what was agreed etc.
Only thing that we can all see is that we as a team, and Piroe in particular, are missing him

Bournemouth in talks with Todd Cantwell from Norwich. That’s one hell of a signing for them. Sky even just mentioned how many players they’ve signed.

It's more than just the Pato situation that makes us a mess. We are a team full of donkey's that just ain't good enough with a football and an inexperienced manager that is very stubborn.

STID2017 said:
I think they will Mon, and whatever we get for him won't get an equivalent replacement sadly.
Only thing that we can all see is that we as a team, and Piroe in particular, are missing him

We’re certainly missing something. But not having Pato there didn’t cause Piroe to miss that open goal on Saturday. He’s just gone off the boil and lost confidence, but not knowing if another chance will ever turn up does make you snatch at the ones you get. Patio has had a golden streak; there is no way he will sustain it (his whole career says so), so I understand him wanting to cash in, but given how he’s reacted, we have to try and move on. If he’s still here I hope it can be mended, if he’s not, he ain’t going to find it quite so easy as he has here to fit in.

monmouth said:
STID2017 said:

We’re certainly missing something. But not having Pato there didn’t cause Piroe to miss that open goal on Saturday. He’s just gone off the boil and lost confidence, but not knowing if another chance will ever turn up does make you snatch at the ones you get. Patio has had a golden streak; there is no way he will sustain it (his whole career says so), so I understand him wanting to cash in, but given how he’s reacted, we have to try and move on. If he’s still here I hope it can be mended, if he’s not, he ain’t going to find it quite so easy as he has here to fit in.

Patio…🤣. thanks Steve Jobs..

Not sure what people want the club to have done here, tbh. Given in to a player at the first sign he wants more money?

The same people thinking we should just bend over on this one are probably the same people crying out for more signings or bemoaning the fact that we are hamstrung by having players who aren't up to it on long term, lucrative contracts.

I was all for giving Paterson better terms on his deal at the end of the season once he’s proved he can actually last a full season without being injured…

Swansea93 said:
I was all for giving Paterson better terms on his deal at the end of the season once he’s proved he can actually last a full season without being injured…

Me too but suspect that boat may have already long since sailed.

ARQS said:
Not sure what people want the club to have done here, tbh. Given in to a player at the first sign he wants more money?

The same people thinking we should just bend over on this one are probably the same people crying out for more signings or bemoaning the fact that we are hamstrung by having players who aren't up to it on long term, lucrative contracts.

Nothing like that.
However just gets my goat watching them on Saturday, with Grimes passing sideways, back, forward a few yards, then back again.
Piroe is crying out for decent passes, yet we dilly dally in our own half even in the last 10 mins and two nil down.
Certainly don't want the club to sign players just for the sake of it and get ourselves in the financial mire

STID2017 said:
Nothing like that.
However just gets my goat watching them on Saturday, with Grimes passing sideways, back, forward a few yards, then back again.
Piroe is crying out for decent passes, yet we dilly dally in our own half even in the last 10 mins and two nil down.
Certainly don't want the club to sign players just for the sake of it and get ourselves in the financial mire

Me too. Paterson has been a massive loss for us but the club have been right not to have been bullied by him.

The ironic thing is that going into the summer with a year left on his contract, they'd probably be sitting down to discuss a 2 year extension and considerably more money.

Baron Goblet said:
He deserves a better wage the club should have stumped up. Good luck to him.

That attitude is why Derby are f*cked and, on a bigger scale, why Leeds spent so long outside the PL. No thanks.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back