• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Prince Philip

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 69
  • Views: Views 10,561
Darran said:
https://twitter.com/officialkeef/status/1380606846562623493?s=21

Strange one that, doesn't he detest the Royal Family or have I dreamt it 🤔

BBC receiving complaints against blanket coverage:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact/death-duke-of-edinburgh-tv-coverage/#/Notification

I am a bit surprised at the some of the vitriol shown on here and other boards (or maybe not...) towards the DoE. I’m not particularly a Royalist but he has done more for Britain than any of us could ever dream of...the DoE scheme amongst plenty of others has changed lives. His military service.

His ‘racism’ was outdated clumsy comments at best and I’m sure that most of our grandparents would speak like that now and again.

He was a 99 old great grandfather at the end of the day, you have to show a bit of humility. The longest serving consort to the longest serving monarch. No one will ever see this again.

To be fair to him, he could have retired 40 odd years ago.

TommyBoy664 said:
BrynCartwright said:
:arrow: To be blunt I couldn't really give two fks. I'm ambivalent on the whole royalty issue, but what does piss me off is the way the mainstream media has just got gone completely apeshit about it and blanket covered for hours and hours.
They cancelled Gardeners World ffs!

When the Queen snuffs it, it'll be an absolute nightmare!

Whilst I agree with you to some degree, he is part of our Royal Family who should be shown some decency and respect...however, I still cannot comprehend the media time given to the waste of space that was used as a kneeler by some American police officer...and still does! Not even The Sun should have published that sh1te.
Your colours well and truly nailed to the mast with that comment.

jacabertawe said:
TommyBoy664 said:
Whilst I agree with you to some degree, he is part of our Royal Family who should be shown some decency and respect...however, I still cannot comprehend the media time given to the waste of space that was used as a kneeler by some American police officer...and still does! Not even The Sun should have published that sh1te.
Your colours well and truly nailed to the mast with that comment.

Thank you, it's appreciated👍

Funeral next Saturday at 3pm which probably means most of that day’s sport will bite the dust.

exiledclaseboy said:
Funeral next Saturday at 3pm which probably means most of that day’s sport will bite the dust.

A great time to cut the grass or repoint the chimney or clean out the gutters or Karcher the drive?

exiledclaseboy said:

Since most people probably couldn't give a toss about the matter, why couldn't the royals have binned him on a weekday and saved us all the tedium and endless TV coverage and allowed us much needed enjoyment?

jacabertawe said:
exiledclaseboy said:

Since most people probably couldn't give a toss about the matter, why couldn't the royals have binned him on a weekday and saved us all the tedium and endless TV coverage and allowed us much needed enjoyment?

Because Saturday removes any debate about whether the day should be designated as a national holiday or not. That’s the main reason.

exiledclaseboy said:
jacabertawe said:

Because Saturday removes any debate about whether the day should be designated as a national holiday or not. That’s the main reason.

Didn't Lady D get buried on a Saturday too?

jacabertawe said:
exiledclaseboy said:

Scum. Masts and nails spring to mind eh.

BrynCartwright said:
:arrow: To be blunt I couldn't really give two fks. I'm ambivalent on the whole royalty issue, but what does piss me off is the way the mainstream media has just got gone completely apeshit about it and blanket covered for hours and hours.
They cancelled Gardeners World ffs!

When the Queen snuffs it, it'll be an absolute nightmare!

You should come and live in Spain, Bryn. We had 30 seconds on the tv news, then they moved on to important stories.

Why has no one come out and called him a racist ?
All this campaigning, riots and airtime to change things. He was part of the reason.
"great man RIP" MY HAIRY ARSE
HE LIVED TOO LONG COS HE HAD FECK ALL TO DO

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back