• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

RANGEL IN

Magic_Michu

Lee Trundle
Reaction score
If we stick with Cooper there’s no chance of play offs and I’d like to think they’d sack him.

Bring in someone now and we have a chance of play offs still / start rebuilding process before end of the season.

Rangel is in the Martinez mould for me. He’s made to be a manager... and would get us playing football again and get some pride back in the team

It would require a lot of balls right now to sack Cooper, but if I am being brutally honest this is the worst football I have ever seen from us since the dark days in League 2 pre martinez when we were served up some right dire stuff.

The fact that we are even worse than under Paulo Souza says so much to me.

Magic_Michu said:
If we stick with Cooper there’s no chance of play offs and I’d like to think they’d sack him.

Bring in someone now and we have a chance of play offs still / start rebuilding process before end of the season.

Rangel is in the Martinez mould for me. He’s made to be a manager... and would get us playing football again and get some pride back in the team

I was almost instinctively going to disagree with you but then I remembered I also disagreed at the time we were appointing Martinez. It was a brave decision then and appointing Rangel would be a brave one now. Maybe, it would be a case of fortune favouring the brave but frankly whatever way you look at it he couldn't do any worse

Today wasn't just a bad performance but it highlighted just how much our manager is lost in what is happening. No subs until 10 minutes from the end and both of them entirely predictable and ass ineffective as each other.

Indeed, I’d be amazed if we sack Cooper.

In terms of Rangel, he’s never managed any football team, am I right?

We’re in the upper part of the Championship and have not long come down from a very successful stint in the PL. Why are we always looking for bargain basement managers? I know that we aren’t minted at the moment, but we should be attractive to plenty of successful managers. I think it’s entirely different to taking a punt on Martinez back then.

MrSwerve said:
Why are we always looking for bargain basement managers?

There are always calls to appoint people with previous links to the club. Cameron Toshack is another one being touted. I'd rather look abroad TBH.

Dr. Winston said:
MrSwerve said:
Why are we always looking for bargain basement managers?

There are always calls to appoint people with previous links to the club. Cameron Toshack is another one being touted. I'd rather look abroad TBH.

I'd agree. Won't it be more difficult now with Brexit though or are managers different?

Let’s take away the facts that Rangel played for us for years, was one of our best VFM signings and is an all round lovely bloke who has done good things in and around the city of Swansea, on what grounds are we proposing his appointment?

A4Jack said:
Won't it be more difficult now with Brexit though or are managers different?

AFAIK they'd come under skilled workers. Most requirements would be covered automatically by the nature of the job. They'd just need to be able to speak English.

Cooperman said:
Let’s take away the facts that Rangel played for us for years, was one of our best VFM signings and is an all round lovely bloke who has done good things in and around the city of Swansea, on what grounds are we proposing his appointment?

He loves the cloob and has developed a Welsh twang.

dont see the rangel attraction im afraid. Dont forget monk was with us through the good football and look how he managed teams..

Think about it logically, if the yanks really wanted the club back in the premiership then they would spend the money needed. But they won't do they don't.

MrSwerve said:
Cooperman said:

He loves the cloob and has developed a Welsh twang.

Aye, and apart from that as well.

Is he the best guy for the job? Absolutely not.

Unless Cooper is sacked we can start preparing for 7th or 8th in the league.
Ayew, Routledge and Angel if he’d come back until the end of the season (as I said last week).

Badlands said:
Unless Cooper is sacked we can start preparing for 7th or 8th in the league.
Ayew, Routledge and Angel if he’d come back until the end of the season (as I said last week).

Its our only chance I think, ATM we are rudderless, as well as goalless

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back