• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Remaining 7 games

• Thread starter 3swan
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 24
  • Views: Views 1,628

3swan

Lee Trundle
Reaction score
After yesterday's performance and the Bristol City away game there does seem to be a massive wake up call needed to the way we approach games.

4 home games and apart from Rotherham currently the other 3 should battle for everything.
Away it looks like 2 defeats and a hard game against Huddersfield.

We can't go into games thinking slow tempo will bring results, as we do give teams opportunities.

Another concern is our lack of any strikers I'm surprised we've managed to score so many this season.I

Let's hope the youngsters coming through can fill the gaps as I've very little confidence that the ins and outs needed in the summer will happen.

The lack of depth in midfield is a huge problem at the moment. When Joey starts next to Grimes we look a completely different side compared to when Fulton starts. We desperately need a presence in the box along with a creative number 10.

Get a couple more wins and it would be nice to see some of the youngster get their chance. if they step up it could save us a fortune in the Summer.

In my head we always play gash following an international break, or after beating the scum.
This was a double bagger. Hopefully.

We should have been full of energy after the break, we looked pedestrian with no purpose.
We all see the difference Joe brings to the team and our highest goal scorers have 9 for the season. Piroe bagged 20? last season.
Too many of the squad just aren't up to it and the summer business is critical. Offload all the dead wood and recruit effectively

We should have been full of energy after the break, we looked pedestrian with no purpose.
We all see the difference Joe brings to the team and our highest goal scorers have 9 for the season. Piroe bagged 20? last season.
Too many of the squad just aren't up to it and the summer business is critical. Offload all the dead wood and recruit effectively
I think it has the opposite effect. In any sport momentum is key and having two weeks with most of them sat twiddling their thumbs at the stage of the season hasn't helped, especially after the euphoria created after the derby result, just feels a bit flat not having another game for a while.

And then we gave Fulton a two year contract

And then we gave Fulton a two year contract

It was actually a 3 year deal given a year ago. I think it was a 'reward' for working his way back into Martin's favour after initially not being a player he liked. Think Russ should have stuck with his first impression on this one.

It was actually a 3 year deal given a year ago. I think it was a 'reward' for working his way back into Martin's favour after initially not being a player he liked. Think Russ should have stuck with his first impression on this one.
Only thing I can of is that Fulton trained as a hypnotherapist whilst he was out of the first team picture.

I just don't get what successive managers have ever seen in Fulton.

If he's not flying dangerously into tackles and risking cards, he's just standing still playing tippy tappy, 10 yard, mostly sideways, passes.

He has no engine, he switches off defensively and lets runners spin in behind him (check out Jordan James's equaliser at Birmingham), he contributes next to nothing in the final third. As an advertised central midfielder he fails on nearly every measure. So what is the point to him?

It just confounds me what it is they see in him to give him so much football. I can only conclude he's a training ground legend. All well and good but should count for nothing if you don't turn up on match day.

I just don't get what successive managers have ever seen in Fulton.

If he's not flying dangerously into tackles and risking cards, he's just standing still playing tippy tappy, 10 yard, mostly sideways, passes.

He has no engine, he switches off defensively and lets runners spin in behind him (check out Jordan James's equaliser at Birmingham), he contributes next to nothing in the final third. As an advertised central midfielder he fails on nearly every measure. So what is the point to him?

It just confounds me what it is they see in him to give him so much football. I can only conclude he's a training ground legend. All well and good but should count for nothing if you don't turn up on match day.
Perhaps he's the modern day Tommy Butler, good at cracking a few gags in the dressing room?
3k a week mind for the next two seasons.

Good work if you can get it ... 👍

Perhaps he's the modern day Tommy Butler, good at cracking a few gags in the dressing room?
3k a week mind for the next two seasons.

Good work if you can get it ... 👍
😂 forgot about the time Brendan gave him a pity contract, purely because he was 'good for the craic'. Brilliant

After yesterday's performance and the Bristol City away game there does seem to be a massive wake up call needed to the way we approach games.

4 home games and apart from Rotherham currently the other 3 should battle for everything.
Away it looks like 2 defeats and a hard game against Huddersfield.

We can't go into games thinking slow tempo will bring results, as we do give teams opportunities.

Another concern is our lack of any strikers I'm surprised we've managed to score so many this season.I

Let's hope the youngsters coming through can fill the gaps as I've very little confidence that the ins and outs needed in the summer will happen.
Baffling post if you ask me. Since our matches against the big guns in January our away record is played 5 won 2, drawn 2, lost 1.....i mean jeez talk about being hard to please. Add in to the fact that are home form is starting to turn (3 on the bounce) then this just feels like another knee jerk reaction post 🤷‍♂️

It's the style of play as much as the points. In that match there was no threat and it wasn't enjoyable to watch.

Baffling post if you ask me. Since our matches against the big guns in January our away record is played 5 won 2, drawn 2, lost 1.....i mean jeez talk about being hard to please. Add in to the fact that are home form is starting to turn (3 on the bounce) then this just feels like another knee jerk reaction post 🤷‍♂️

Yeah well said.

I think some people are very quickly forgetting the mess Williams inherited from Duff. The squad is pretty rubbish and confidence levels were on the floor when he came in, and then he was straight into a stinking run of tough games.

He's done a decent stabilising job with a very poor squad that needs a complete overhaul in summer. Any suggestion we should have been comfortably in mid table by now playing like Brazil 1970 is just nonsense. If we finish exactly where we are now, he'll have exceeded expectations imo.

The only significant differences between Friday and the Bristol City game was that we at least had a few shots on target instead of zero at BC and we actually scored a goal. Other than that, it was very much a Groundhog Day performance. On a personal note, at least I wasn't at the Owls game whereas I wasted most of a day going to the BC game. After the Cardiff game, we 100% know we can play very much better, what we need to figure out is why we can't/don't/won't and that's the coaching staff's job.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back