• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Rhys Williams

Magic_Michu

Lee Trundle
Reaction score
Send him back… honestly, Brandon Cooper performed much better than him at the start of the season.

Williams just looks like a liability at the moment… I’m sure he’ll develop to be a decent player but I’d prefer to develop our own.

Not easy for any player to be chucked in at the deep end with almost no game time for more than two months.

Williams clearly has technical ability but got chucked in at the deep end today.

This is more on Russ than the players today.

He picked the starting 11.

Gets the praise when he gets it right but has to shoulder some of the blame when days like today can and will happen.

Conceding 3 at home to the current Reading side is very poor.

Comfortable on the ball but seems to find the art of defending difficult, which is a problem for a defender. I really thought we were getting a player but I feel disappointed so far. Maybe the racist incident knocked him harder than we realise?

Marc Guehi, that’s all I will say. He was crap once.

I'm more worried about Naughton. We need a Joe Rodon or Ashley Williams type player in the middle of a back three.

Not a 5ft 11, former right back who failed to really replace Rangel.

Brandon Cooper does not appear to be a ball playing centre back so that's out too.

JackArmy14 said:
I'm more worried about Naughton. We need a Joe Rodon or Ashley Williams type player in the middle of a back three.

Brandon Cooper does not appear to be a ball playing centre back so that's out too.

Naughton has been my player of the season… he’s been unbelievable in that role… not the issue at all.

Russ, changed our defense today to appease Liverpool.

Fcuk what they do in training, Rhys has been poor on pitch in matches. Where it matters.

Manning and Bidwell on the left today and this shitfest would not have happened. Probably.

Onwards and upwards.

Interesting that fcuk gets changed, yet shitfest doesn't.

F.c.u.k. was said both times.,Not once swore. Just a brand.

Dr. Winston said:
Not easy for any player to be chucked in at the deep end with almost no game time for more than two months.

Williams clearly has technical ability but got chucked in at the deep end today.

I think that is the worst we have been defensively all season.
I don't think Williams is up to scratch at this level both defensively and the way we want to play, he was dreadfully poor and i was amazed that RM didnt put Bidwell on and shift Manning to CB.
I can only assume Liverpool have been kicking off about the loan and that was us showing them that he is terrible.

Magic_Michu said:
JackArmy14 said:

Naughton has been my player of the season… he’s been unbelievable in that role… not the issue at all.

It really is amazing what some people see and take away from games, Naughton has been incredible in the middle all season and has barely poot a foot wrong.
But yeh obviously being only 5"11 means he cant play there. Absolute football dinosaur.

Naughton is so instrumental to the way we want to play and I’m worried how we replace him with his age.

I was also wondering if he’d pull Williams and put bidwell back on the left and manning in the centre… but felt the issue with that is that manning was one of our biggest threats today… and has our performed Bidwell on the wing in recent games…

… you take a big hit in an attacking sense to bring Bidwell on.

Defo need some quality come January if we’re to have a real go towards play offs

Magic_Michu said:
Naughton is so instrumental to the way we want to play and I’m worried how we replace him with his age.

I was also wondering if he’d pull Williams and put bidwell back on the left and manning in the centre… but felt the issue with that is that manning was one of our biggest threats today… and has our performed Bidwell on the wing in recent games…

… you take a big hit in an attacking sense to bring Bidwell on.

Defo need some quality come January if we’re to have a real go towards play offs

I think RM got the subs wrong tbh, Williams should've gone at half time and we with either Cooper coming on or reverting to the usual with Manning CB. At least then we couldve had a competent player on the ball there.
With the way we play we really cannot afford to be playing with 10.
Would like to see someone attacking come in who has some pace, but i suppose thats what Obafemi was for an we know how thats going haha

When we've dominated possession against shithouse teams sure Naughton has been great at playing out from the back.

When we've played teams like Fulham, Bournemouth who have attacking players that will actually test our defense, Naughton isn't so instrumental then. Mitrovic tore him a new arsehole.

Naughton just doesn't have all the necessary tools (like actually being able to play as a central defender when called for) and we can't expect him to be the long term answer in that position.

Sorry if that offends you, its just my opinion.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back