• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Russys Leaving Party

backofthenet said:
Absolute nonsense, all over the shop:
- 'Nice guy' - for the wannabe crew - yet for the discerning, a proper slime ball chancer - from the off
- anyone with some semblance of Emotional Intelligence (EQ) will have spotted him a mile off
- proper intelligent folk (IQ and EQ) spotted the fraud early doors; the less intelligent are still whingeing

His mis-management was shameful:
1. Obafemi - the poor boy suffers from sleep apnoea, yet Russy hangs him out to dry for being slightly late for one his bollox pre-training monologues. Warra shite manager, knowing Oba's medical condition.
2. Pato - tells him (lies) he's sorted a new contract - despite not actually sorting it with his boss - massive fall out
3. Piroe - dumps him early doors cos he thinks Piroe is too stupid to 'get it', to 'get' his bollox system and process. (and for those who have met Piroe, he comes across initially as not the sharpest, for the less discerning observer)
4. Fulton - 'you'll never play another game for the Swans', allegedly ;-)
5. Ntcham - 'just a peripheral, unfit 60 mins player'
etc etc etc.....

The fact is, Russy failed big time, for us - the fans, the Club. From genuine Playoff contenders to mid table shiteness. That's his legacy.

Yet Russy succeeded for himself, and stole another contract with what he deems a 'proper club'. The shyster.

The weird thing - the hard of thinking 80% - wake the feck up from your irrational love-in fest. You fools.

Weird that someone so mis-managed would be at the leaving party, but there Paterson is. It's almost as if you're making it up as you go...

It’s so funny seeing how angry everyone is getting about the fact that people who worked for Russ liked him 🤣

Ross said:
It’s so funny seeing how angry everyone is getting about the fact that people who worked for Russ liked him 🤣
You're not fooling anyone with that username Russ :p

Focus of criticism? I can mainly recall the comment that his young defenders were lacking the bite and concentration of senior plays say 26 plus years of age, when losing week in week out and heading for relegation.

Forced to simplify the defence which Trundle had been calling out for weeks. We looked like Rob Page had set us up for most of the season.

We were Swisse cheese defensively inept for twenty games and outplayed by pressing athletic teams which is hardly a jack in the box surprise in the Championsip.

Not backed in the January transfer market.

Not offered a contract extension.

backofthenet said:
Absolute nonsense, all over the shop:
- 'Nice guy' - for the wannabe crew - yet for the discerning, a proper slime ball chancer - from the off
- anyone with some semblance of Emotional Intelligence (EQ) will have spotted him a mile off
- proper intelligent folk (IQ and EQ) spotted the fraud early doors; the less intelligent are still whingeing

His mis-management was shameful:
1. Obafemi - the poor boy suffers from sleep apnoea, yet Russy hangs him out to dry for being slightly late for one his bollox pre-training monologues. Warra shite manager, knowing Oba's medical condition.
2. Pato - tells him (lies) he's sorted a new contract - despite not actually sorting it with his boss - massive fall out
3. Piroe - dumps him early doors cos he thinks Piroe is too stupid to 'get it', to 'get' his bollox system and process. (and for those who have met Piroe, he comes across initially as not the sharpest, for the less discerning observer)
4. Fulton - 'you'll never play another game for the Swans', allegedly ;-)
5. Ntcham - 'just a peripheral, unfit 60 mins player'
etc etc etc.....

The fact is, Russy failed big time, for us - the fans, the Club. From genuine Playoff contenders to mid table shiteness. That's his legacy.

Yet Russy succeeded for himself, and stole another contract with what he deems a 'proper club'. The shyster.

The weird thing - the hard of thinking 80% - wake the feck up from your irrational love-in fest. You fools.

Can’t believe you‘d make all that up Baka. I‘ve not been a fan of Martin and what you’ve written ties in with my gut feeling and recollection of players being out of favour. At the risk of getting splinters in the bum though - did he ever lose the dressing room?

moscowjack said:
You say that but I bet you'd be starting completely new threads about how wonderful he is had he written you a love letter or invited you around for 'supper' at his house one evening.....

He did ok, we went back to something more like 'the Swansea way', he made mistakes, he won two doubles, he got things wrong, he got things right - I believe he did his very best and got a good move out of it. He moves on, we move on....but I just don't get the bitterness. It seems incredibly petty, and we all know how much we hate that word in Swansea!

He did ok ? Hardly winning a game in 20 matches....yeah ok.
It will be funny as fck watching his pressers when the same happens again....and it will. But he better get used to the fact that when he goes 7 or 8 without winning there, his BS won't wash .
He cost us a play off spot....end of.

'Kin ell some of the words used here about Martin are similar to past owners who ripped the club apart and threatened its survival

He was a manager who won and lost some games..

Why is Russell Martin getting the same level of abuse as Tony Petty ffs.

sainthelens said:
He did ok ? Hardly winning a game in 20 matches....yeah ok.
It will be funny as fck watching his pressers when the same happens again....and it will. But he better get used to the fact that when he goes 7 or 8 without winning there, his BS won't wash .
He cost us a play off spot....end of.

top postings.

let's see who starts the love in with the new manager we got.
i certainly wont

JustJack said:
'Kin ell some of the words used here about Martin are similar to past owners who ripped the club apart and threatened its survival

He was a manager who won and lost some games..

Why is Russell Martin getting the same level of abuse as Tony Petty ffs.

That's a bit OTT tbh. Be honest, now we have time to reflect ,dont you think that we missed a real opportunity last season? Just an average run of the mill gaffer would have got us top 6. Seeing Luton/Cov/Mackems up there enhances that shirley. Started and finished the season well....granted, but in between we were fckn gash when it was harder to be so.

sainthelens said:
That's a bit OTT tbh. Be honest, now we have time to reflect ,dont you think that we missed a real opportunity last season? Just an average run of the mill gaffer would have got us top 6. Seeing Luton/Cov/Mackems up there enhances that shirley. Started and finished the season well....granted, but in between we were fckn gash when it was harder to be so.

At the end of it all we finished exactly where we should have done, and that's not going with 'the table doesn't lie' BS cliche

That team was (is) bang average and it would have taken an above average manager to get them into the top 6.

I don't think any of our past managers would have made the playoffs with that squad.

JustJack said:
At the end of it all we finished exactly where we should have done, and that's not going with 'the table doesn't lie' BS cliche

That team was (is) bang average and it would have taken an above average manager to get them into the top 6.

I don't think any of our past managers would have made the playoffs with that squad.

Rodgers and Laudrup would of. Russell was a fraud.

JustJack said:

Are you suggesting that Cov/Mackems are better than bang average? And that Mark Robins is above average?

Longlostjack said:
Can’t believe you‘d make all that up Baka. I‘ve not been a fan of Martin and what you’ve written ties in with my gut feeling and recollection of players being out of favour. At the risk of getting splinters in the bum though - did he ever lose the dressing room?

You're right (tho Im not Baka) - everything I post is Fact.

Yes, he lost the majority of the dressing room many times. But they always looked to regroup quickly and move on - just as Pato did after he was let down by Martin.

The biggy I omitted above was Darling : Russy treated him like a wayward son - shouted at him like no other, massively mistreated him and totally destroyed his confidence, to the utter bewilderment of the onlooking players. The players were thinking: 'wtf, he's his signing'. Uncanny in the extreme and a measure of Russy's mis-management.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back