• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Russys Leaving Party

I've been to many get togethers when a works colleague/friend has left.

Some have had photo's taken as a reminder.

Whatever we thought of RM as a manager it does seem as he was well liked by most of the staff.

What I find most remarkable is that people online find anything to moan about. The guy worked VERY closely with a group of people for two year and then has a leaving party. What's not normal about that?
Who the fcuk cares?
Anyone who's met him will tell you how nice a guy he is. No arrogance, time for everyone and very humble. His truly horrible childhood has probably made him more grateful for what he has than most in his position and, unlike some, he gives back in droves. He's done so much for so many, but that's never considered here (probably because he doesn't shout about it at every opportunity like some).

I get that some of you didn't like his style of football, or the strop in Jan which cost us hugely (in hindsight) but can you blame him for leaving for Southampton? They're a great club with a budget 4x ours and there's a strong chance he'll be a PL manager next season.

The weird thing is that about 80% of Swans fans that I speak are disappointed that Russ is leaving whilst probably 80% here are glad to see him go. I really have no idea why it's like that...

Good luck Russ, but hope we hammer you next season and finish above you!

moscowjack said:
What I find most remarkable is that people online find anything to moan about. The guy worked VERY closely with a group of people for two year and then has a leaving party. What's not normal about that?
Who the f**k cares?
Anyone who's met him will tell you how nice a guy he is. No arrogance, time for everyone and very humble. His truly horrible childhood has probably made him more grateful for what he has than most in his position and, unlike some, he gives back in droves. He's done so much for so many, but that's never considered here (probably because he doesn't shout about it at every opportunity like some).

I get that some of you didn't like his style of football, or the strop in Jan which cost us hugely (in hindsight) but can you blame him for leaving for Southampton? They're a great club with a budget 4x ours and there's a strong chance he'll be a PL manager next season.

The weird thing is that about 80% of Swans fans that I speak are disappointed that Russ is leaving whilst probably 80% here are glad to see him go. I really have no idea why it's like that...

That's the way I see it MJ. Can understand different opinions on his ability as a manager etc, or people wanting the club to go in a different direction, each to their own, but the personal stuff I can't quite understand, though I guess Cooper had the same.

Good luck to him, hope he does well at Soton, but not too well.

moscowjack said:
Who the f**k cares?

F*ck him.

3swan said:
I've been to many get togethers when a works colleague/friend has left.

Some have had photo's taken as a reminder.

Whatever we thought of RM as a manager it does seem as he was well liked by most of the staff.

One thing around his post-match comments when we lose and how much it winds the fans up is how much of the anger and disappointment was directed towards him rather than the players. There were so many comments over the last two years about how the players were being held back by Martin's system and tactics rather than criticising their performances.

We've still criticised individuals like Fisher, Lati and Sorinola, while Grimes continues to divide opinions, but I'd say players have received more criticism in years when results have been far better.

It's quite possible that Martin deliberately focuses the criticism on himself and if I was a player, I'd certainly appreciate that from a manager.

Darran said:
F*ck him.

You say that but I bet you'd be starting completely new threads about how wonderful he is had he written you a love letter or invited you around for 'supper' at his house one evening.....

He did ok, we went back to something more like 'the Swansea way', he made mistakes, he won two doubles, he got things wrong, he got things right - I believe he did his very best and got a good move out of it. He moves on, we move on....but I just don't get the bitterness. It seems incredibly petty, and we all know how much we hate that word in Swansea!

moscowjack said:
Who the f**k cares?

I believe it’s an age / location thing, I’ve said so previously as well. Some of the biggest moaners or bitterest posters seem to either be of an age, or don’t actually attend games at the stadium, or a combination of the both.

You get a far better idea of support on Twitter as to on here.

Apparently there was a whole table full of booze, but the waiters were only allowed to do was move it up and down the table, not pour it into glasses in front of them. Strict instructions apparently.

moscowjack said:
You say that but I bet you'd be starting completely new threads about how wonderful he is had he written you a love letter or invited you around for 'supper' at his house one evening.....

He did ok, we went back to something more like 'the Swansea way', he made mistakes, he won two doubles, he got things wrong, he got things right - I believe he did his very best and got a good move out of it. He moves on, we move on....but I just don't get the bitterness. It seems incredibly petty, and we all know how much we hate that word in Swansea!

Of course he did his best. Time was right for a change, from all perspectives.

Neath_Jack said:
I believe it’s an age / location thing, I’ve said so previously as well. Some of the biggest moaners or bitterest posters seem to either be of an age, or don’t actually attend games at the stadium, or a combination of the both.

You get a far better idea of support on Twitter as to on here.

you are really over thinking it. It's this simple if a manager does well he's liked, if he doesn't do well he's not so liked and when you add on the embarrassing waffle that came out of Russell's mouth and some of his poor signings people tend not to like. What's truly baffling was the unfaltering love in with a large section of our fan base.

But I'm sure he's a lovely guy that does a lot for charity and had a bad childhood.

At half time in the final match of the season we did an unscientific poll of people who have been sitting around us since the Liberty opened.

Of 13 people asked 9 wanted him gone.

moscowjack said:

Like I said.

It's a result based sport, it's also supposed to be entertaining. Both of which were in short supply for large swathes of the season. I'm sure most didnt really hate him, they probably hated the lack of wins and the bore fest on the pitch, which spills over into to anger and frustration.
I'm sure hes a lovely bloke. His pre and post match conferences were pretty shite to be fair.
He's gone now, we move on to a new chapter, which, I for one am quite looking forward to.👍

moscowjack said:
Who the f**k cares?

Absolute nonsense, all over the shop:
- 'Nice guy' - for the wannabe crew - yet for the discerning, a proper slime ball chancer - from the off
- anyone with some semblance of Emotional Intelligence (EQ) will have spotted him a mile off
- proper intelligent folk (IQ and EQ) spotted the fraud early doors; the less intelligent are still whingeing

His mis-management was shameful:
1. Obafemi - the poor boy suffers from sleep apnoea, yet Russy hangs him out to dry for being slightly late for one his bollox pre-training monologues. Warra shite manager, knowing Oba's medical condition.
2. Pato - tells him (lies) he's sorted a new contract - despite not actually sorting it with his boss - massive fall out
3. Piroe - dumps him early doors cos he thinks Piroe is too stupid to 'get it', to 'get' his bollox system and process. (and for those who have met Piroe, he comes across initially as not the sharpest, for the less discerning observer)
4. Fulton - 'you'll never play another game for the Swans', allegedly ;-)
5. Ntcham - 'just a peripheral, unfit 60 mins player'
etc etc etc.....

The fact is, Russy failed big time, for us - the fans, the Club. From genuine Playoff contenders to mid table shiteness. That's his legacy.

Yet Russy succeeded for himself, and stole another contract with what he deems a 'proper club'. The shyster.

The weird thing - the hard of thinking 80% - wake the feck up from your irrational love-in fest. You fools.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back