• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 20/21: Swansea City v Cardiff City Match Thread

What will the result be against Cardiff?

• Swans win

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Cardiff win

Votes: 12 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Whittaker taking to long to get his shots off and his touch is poor
Should be sharper for the play offs with a few more games

I hope seeing the Cardiff players celebrating on Cardiff soil has hurt the players, I hope seeing the Cardiff players passion for winning drives the players to finish the season, because today was poor. It was to be expected, as we’ve been awful for a month or so now. Playoffs here we come, we’re going to need to step it up again

Edit: Cardiff played well, so props to them, they stuck to their game plan. Whittaker looks promising

We could have played until midnight and not scored.
Without Cabango hustling in the penalty area 5here is no point playing the ball in at head height.
A couple of good saves from Woodman but he needs dropping.
Whittaker's shooting in this division won't get goals ... hammering IMO legs or on target but easy placement for the goalkeeeper.
Referee was slime, too.

airedale said:
Whittaker looks up for it, hope he gets more minutes.

I'd rather we put our first choice players on. He messed up good situations too often. The one when he was through only 7 yards out has to be buried - you have to take those. Those are the difference between winning game and going up and not. He looks lively, but looks like he's got a lot of developing to do. Both physically and in his decision making. Pushing for top 2 close to the end of the season is a strange time to start experimenting with him imo.

And as for bringing on Dhanda and taking off Jay who was bossing the midfield. What the hell was that all about.

Not at all surprised by this result. I didn't think we'd have enough to break down a McCarthy team. We gave them all the time in the world to set their defence. We're so bloody slow getting forward it's untrue.

POs now almost a certainty and the way we're playing I don't expect us to get to the final.

Obviously terrible to lose... we were awful in the first half but at least we showed desire and tried everything in the second half... no luck and a phenomenal cardiff defence stopped us... gave me some hope.

As has been previously mentioned... after the international break and a recharge I’d move to a back 4 again and go for it... not much to lose. No need to completely scrap the back 5 but mix it up more... surprise teams, keep it fresh. We can actually play football when we want.

Whittaker deserves a run in the team after his display today, he should have scored but he looks the most likely and that's a great start.

For a youngster he doesn't seem to let a missed chance get to him.

any other game leon we prob score at least 2 though. Shit defensive mistkaes are killing us now

Well done lads, good battle, unlucky not to score, a few decent defenders out there today, let's move on to next game, first start and full 90 for our new striker, deserved at least a point.

First half awful. Second half created loads. We don’t have a striker. It’s been obvious all season. Manager wanted one. Signed two American internationals.

There’s a lot to criticise but with someone like Brewster in the team we’d have won it. Whittaker had about three or four chances a great striker at this level would have scored.

Simple as that.

Ringwood Jack said:
Marsh and Tate... what are their roles? I

offensive set pieces apparently :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

If we are serious about a promotion push Cooper has to be replaced.

Londonlisa2001 said:
First half awful. Second half created loads. We don’t have a striker. It’s been obvious all season. Manager wanted one. Signed two American internationals.

There’s a lot to criticise but with someone like Brewster in the team we’d have won it. Whittaker had about three or four chances a great striker at this level would have scored.

Simple as that.

give over Lisa, if he wanted a fucking striker why spaff 1.5 mil on whittaker and lowe? Your argument is redundant. The "no striker' his is excuse now hes been fuckig found out

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back