• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 20/21: Swansea v Barnsley, Championship Play Off Semi Final 2nd Leg, Match Thread

Which team is going to Wembley?

• Swansea City

Votes: 30 83.3%
  • Barnsley

Votes: 6 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
swansnews said:
“There were 3,000 there but during the game it felt like 35,000″ – the words of Steve Cooper as he reflected on the ninety minutes that preceded his comment, a ninety minutes that was enough to book his side a place at Wembley and the chance to extract revenge on Brentford. The Swans and the […]

Read more

There was a period of 17 seconds when there was no noise.

(3 or 4 blokes behind me kept the chants going throughout.)

"But with the Swans seemingly better suited to away matches this season, on the 17th I think we'll scrape a 0-1 win. With the winner, probably deflected in off the referees arse? I'm more worried about the 2nd Leg frankly, particularly if we bring a lead home.

Cooper's seemingly 'cowardball' style, will mean we'll invite Barnsley to come at us like the North Korean infantry. I can see the Tykes scoring and us facing up to a severe pummelling, like some teenage virgin. to then win the tie 2-1 on aggregate.

Bloody hell even writing that potential scenario was scary, imagine if that came to pass? Brown trousers for next Saturday methinks?"

I wrote that (on Saturday 15th? I think?) about both the Barnsley P/O legs. I'm blowing my own trumpet, but for once, I got the scorelines correct.

TimBowen said:
"But with the Swans seemingly better suited to away matches this season, on the 17th I think we'll scrape a 0-1 win. With the winner, probably deflected in off the referees arse? I'm more worried about the 2nd Leg frankly, particularly if we bring a lead home.

Cooper's seemingly 'cowardball' style, will mean we'll invite Barnsley to come at us like the North Korean infantry. I can see the Tykes scoring and us facing up to a severe pummelling, like some teenage virgin. to then win the tie 2-1 on aggregate.

Bloody hell even writing that potential scenario was scary, imagine if that came to pass? Brown trousers for next Saturday methinks?"

I wrote that (on Saturday 15th? I think?) about both the Barnsley P/O legs. I'm blowing my own trumpet, but for once, I got the scorelines correct.

Predictions for Wembley?

Well at least we’re away and don’t have a lead to defend yet. It’s on.

What we did well - Defence organised , matched physicality, one piece of magic in their half and game management.

Not so well - Lost composure in possession, relied on the long ball, couldn't retain any notable possession, poor final ball, created very few chances

Just watched Villa beat Chelse. Despite being outplayed they showed a couple of flashes up front and defended for their lives. Rode their luck a bit. Even if Beesalona play their decent (but pretty ordinary) best and we do proper Cooperwang, we can still have those Hatton Cross Harseholes by their limp little ends.

Ringwood Jack said:
What we did well - Defence organised , matched physicality, one piece of magic in their half and game management.

Not so well - Lost composure in possession, relied on the long ball, couldn't retain any notable possession, poor final ball, created very few chances
That's a pretty close description of our season, except the game management bit.

A4Jack said:
TimBowen said:

Predictions for Wembley?

This match A4Jack, is definitely a lot more difficult to predict isn't it eh?

So much will depend on how SC sets us up and how Brentford will view us?

Will they show respect for what we can bring to the party? With them unable to beat us over our two matches this season.

Or will they go out 'all guns blazing' to try to deliver 'knock out' punches in the early stages? They may assume, if they score first, based on our season as a whole, they will win? However, they may well also remember how much we bossed the second half at their place and could/should have won, if only Andre's late goal wasn't disallowed.

I'm nervous, very nervous, but my 'one eyed Jack' prediction and one I'd gladly settle for, is 2-1 to the Swans after extra time.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back