• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 20/21: Barnsley v Swansea, Championship Play Off Semi Final 1st Leg, Match Thread

sainthelens said:
Saw nothing that'll give me panic attacks before Saturday. Barnsley very average, will be a meltdown bottle job of all time to fck this up now. Woodman excellent along with back 4. Cullen certainly not good enough but good nuisance value. Hourihan ( words fail me!). Grimes/Fulton very good. Ayew as we've all said, could get us promotion on his own.
And well done Coops, wotever yer plan was....it kinda worked.

Don’t forget Jamal covered every blade of grass as well

Lifelong said:
Woodman and Naughton outstanding this evening, Guehi is simply on another level.

Woodman, Naughton, Lowe and Guehi outstanding and finally a captain's performance from Grimes.

Just the one downside and that was the quality of our set pieces, Smith to come in on Saturday in an otherwise unchanged side.

We can finish the job after a very good performance!

Jay Fulton also had a great game, slips under the radar for all the work he does. the dog in midfield we need.

LeonWasTheDog's said:
Final shout out to Grimes before I go. He didn't have the chance to get us on the front foot much, but defensively I thought he was absolutely immense tonight. He does a better job dropping in to the back line than some CBs do. And I'd rather he was taking corners.

Along with fulton in midfield covering for the shithouse hourihane.

A bigger doff of the cap goes to the back 4 and woodman who had his best game by a mile.

Well done YJB, now fucking finish the job on saturday, just wish me and the eldest could be there to scream you on.

eteb said:
LeonWasTheDog's said:
He's been great all season. Has a few iffy moments, but this is the Championship and nobody is top, top level. He's still one of the best keepers in the league, despite what the feckwits say about him.

he is definitely the best shop stopper. His aerial presence, judgment and passing leaves a lot to be desired but he was immense tonight

Was it him that caused Debenhams to close in the Quadrant?. . . . . . . 😂

Great commitment all round, bar Hourihane - again. To enter that last 15 mins defending, and not swap him out for, say, Smith, was inexplicable. Well done the boys on the pitch, Cooper still needs to use subs better, but won't. This will restrict us.

PSumbler said:
Lifelong said:
Woodman and Naughton outstanding this evening, Guehi is simply on another level.

Woodman, Naughton, Lowe and Guehi outstanding and finally a captain's performance from Grimes.

Just the one downside and that was the quality of our set pieces, Smith to come in on Saturday in an otherwise unchanged side.

We can finish the job after a very good performance!

No mention of Cabango!

We played a back 4 but Bidwell was caught between full back and wing back and did neither very well.
Guehi was knackered in the final 20 covering for Bidwell and Cabango was left marking two players and a lot of space.
The Woodman was outstanding, where has that goalkeeper been most of the seaon.
Grimes, another brilliant performance.
Hourihane... jeeeeeez .

Two changes for me only. Smith for Hourihane and Whittaker for Cullen. The rest deserve their spot.

CurtessECarr said:
Two changes for me only. Smith for Hourihane and Whittaker for Cullen. The rest deserve their spot.

I think he will go back to 5 3 2 or 3 5 2, connor will start providing the lurcher up and down the right with little defensive responsibility that would normally subjugate him, this will provide barnsley will something to thing about.

Fireboy said:
CurtessECarr said:

I think he will go back to 5 3 2 or 3 5 2, connor will start providing the lurcher up and down the right with little defensive responsibility that would normally subjugate him, this will provide barnsley will something to thing about.

Not sure about that as we won he's not one to change formation.

CurtessECarr said:
Fireboy said:

Not sure about that as we won he's not one to change formation.

We will be playing at home whereas tonight we were playing away, fair dos to cooper tonights formation worked well, will it work at home? Who knows, I'm sure that he will have seen how barnsley have usually set up away before deciding his formation

Our manager won that tonight, wonder if he will pick Hourihane next time?

airedale said:
Our manager won that tonight, wonder if he will pick Hourihane next time?

Totally agree airedale, good on him for picking that team.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back