• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 20/21: The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Thread

BrynCartwright said:
Terrific result lads. Very happy in the Bont. Curry delivery pending. 2nd and Cooper doing amazingly with so little investment.

It's good to see all the new lads making good contributions too whether as starters or subs, they all add depth to the squad.

Cooper is exceeding expectations.

Birch is a clever man and totally bought into Cooper’s vision and work ethic to get there. We are playing clever progressive, ambitious, entertaining Go-forward and highly controlled Defending.

The team is obviously totally bought into Cooper’s plan, giving their all. Ayew epitomises Cooper’s brand and is the flag bearer of Cooper’s professionally prepared and delivered efforts.

How some still can’t see this is baffling, at best.

BrynCartwright said:
Terrific result lads. Very happy in the Bont. Curry delivery pending. 2nd and Cooper doing amazingly with so little investment.

I watched that today and I'm happy too - so there 🤣

I don't get this 'little investment' stuff though Bryn? He has loan players and permanents that we could only dream of in 2011. It's about building a proper (permanent) team with coaching and fundamental style, not 'investment', but he's still had plenty. This 'shoestring' nonsense is just a myth. You don't get Brewster, Guehi, Ayew, Baston etc etc on a 'shoestring'. This isn't anti cooper, really, though I still don't rate him, but he is getting results and as long as that continues is fine by me.

I thought Dhanda made a massive difference. A creative player that looks forwards not back. And Ayew is on a different planet as captain to our other one.

Cooperman said:
BrynCartwright said:

What’s your choice of curry, Bryn?
I fancy a curry myself but everyone else wants American because it’s Halloween :roll:

Going for a chicken Madras with mushroom rice. Simple stuff.

Fantastic result lads, well done. Cherry on cake hearing bout Loftus Rd score.
But this truly is a fckn nitemare not being able to go support the boys. Going to say hello to that Brentford tw@t on Tuesday would have been great.

Great result. It's been a good week, we've seen a bit more from the new guys and they all seem to be settling well. And we've managed to give some players a rest as well, so should be pretty strong facing the next difficult 2 games against Brentf**ks & Norwich. I was hoping for a bit more from Gyökeres, but otherwise we're in a pretty good place right now.

monmouth said:
BrynCartwright said:

I watched that today and I'm happy too - so there 🤣

I don't get this 'little investment' stuff though Bryn? He has loan players and permanents that we could only dream of in 2011. It's about building a proper (permanent) team with coaching and fundamental style, not 'investment', but he's still had plenty. This 'shoestring' nonsense is just a myth. You don't get Brewster, Guehi, Ayew, Baston etc etc on a 'shoestring'. This isn't anti cooper, really, though I still don't rate him, but he is getting results and as long as that continues is fine by me.

I thought Dhanda made a massive difference. A creative player that looks forwards not back. And Ayew is on a different planet as captain to our other one.

You're right if course Monny. Lots of quality evident throughout the squad. I just wish there was enough consistent resources to generate a genuine promotion push. We all know it is such a tough league to get automatic promotion from. Anyway, I've got everything crossed! They can do it! COYJBs!

At last cooper has got the players he needs to rotate the squad, up until then he obviously didnt trust his subs.

LeonWasTheDog's said:
Great result. It's been a good week, we've seen a bit more from the new guys and they all seem to be settling well. And we've managed to give some players a rest as well, so should be pretty strong facing the next difficult 2 games against Brentf**ks & Norwich. I was hoping for a bit more from Gyökeres, but otherwise we're in a pretty good place right now.

Gyökeres may come good given time, he's a different type of player from what we're used to but I thought his contribution today was interesting. He came on at a stage in the game when Blackburn were going to have to throw everything they had at us and that usually means forcing the game to be played in our half with all their defenders pushed up to the halfway line but Gyökeres was a crucial part of how we stopped them from doing that by making them keep defenders back so there was a big gap between their defenders and the rest of their team which made it difficult for them to keep the pressure on us. Yes, he should have done better with all of the opportunities he had but he was a real nuisance and they couldn't ignore him. If that was part of Cooper's plan, well done Steve!

Anyway, if you want a laugh I enjoyed this. Deluded as ever, and before today's sweet ending.

Scott Johnson believes the Bluebirds can challenge right at the very top, but they need to shake the notion of being afraid of losing
Says Scott Johnson
Saturday 31st October 2020
"A ridiculously congested schedule, with three games a week, necessitates that Neil Harris often appears before the press six times a week. It’s the nature of the beast, but it's overkill really because there’s not that much to report.

As they all start to bleed into each other, certain narratives start to emerge and one in particular has become something of a recurring theme. The idea that if you do not win, you must not lose.

There’s nothing too radical in that statement and it’s common sense really. One point is better than no points after all. When you repeat it though, the must-not-lose part feels far more powerful and pressing than the winning bit.

Ordinarily, something like this might not seem significant, but at the moment, Cardiff don’t look right. It’s just not clicking.

Harris himself pointed out after the drab and disappointing draw at Derby that Cardiff have yet to find any rhythm. I would go one further than that and say that Cardiff look gripped by fear, which is strange really because they have absolutely nothing to fear in this division.

The expectation was that a brilliant end to last season would carry over to this one, but that has not happened. Where did that confidence and momentum go? From the outside looking in, I keep returning to this idea that they simply must not lose.

It feels like the fear of losing has taken hold and has left them paralysed. They look nervous and tentative, at both ends of the pitch, and are being punished for it.

The focus is often on the nature of the goals conceded, the fact that they are often from individual mistakes or set pieces. That is a genuine and pressing concern, as is always conceding first, but it also masks a multitude of other sins. There is also plenty not quite right elsewhere.

You can look at Wednesday night’s game and say that Cardiff picked up a decent point away from home and hit the post twice, so were unlucky not to win. That would be true, but what that does not tell you is just how poor Cardiff were in general.

Derby, who are in a rotten run of form, looked wary of Cardiff in the opening stages, then quickly realised that they had nothing to be wary of and proceeded to dominate the half. The visit of Cardiff proved to be an ego boost for them.

You can still see glimpses of the old Cardiff though. Their goal was brilliant and offered a timely reminder of what they’re capable of when they start to swagger. Sheyi Ojo, who was by far Cardiff’s best player on the night and is improving with every game, drove through the heart of the Derby defence, evading challenges before threading a pass through to Kieffer Moore, who calmly stotted past their keeper.

They made it look easy, but it should be easier, for a team of this quality against such a vulnerable opponent.

Moore was assured in converting his chance and a lofted high ball in the first half saw him head against the woodwork, but he is starving for chances up front. This is a long-standing issue that pre-dates Harris and should be relieved by the returns of Harry Wilson and Lee Tomlin.

Maybe it won’t though. Cardiff never field a side short of talent or attacking ability, it is their approach that too often holds them back. Their goal on Wednesday was a reward for being bold, so why not be bolder? With a strong defence behind them and plenty of firepower, they have no excuses really.

As the goal went in, Josh Murphy was stripped and ready to come on, but when Cardiff restored parity, he was stood down and sat out the remainder of the match. They settled for a point at a time when they could have instead pressed home their advantage and gone for all three points.

I’m not suggesting that Cardiff should go all guns blazing, just more guns blazing. They may only be four points off the top six, but they’re already 12 points off the top and that is where they should have their sights set because they can be as good as anyone in this division.

It feels like Cardiff’s season hasn’t got going and its not been much fun yet either. If Cardiff have adopted a fear of losing, then my fear is that this season will be uneventful and may start to slip away. I fear that all the progress made last season is going to waste and that the longer it takes Cardiff to find their groove, the bigger the mountain they’ll have to climb.

My greatest fear though is that Cardiff won’t find a way to turn these draws in to wins unless they find a way to be fearless. Rather than foster caution, Harris needs to once again promote expression and encourage playing on the front foot.

We know Cardiff are better than this because we’ve seen it and they’ve also already shown us how a bold approach can shoot you up the table because this is the sort of position they were in when Harris took charge.

They head to Loftus Road at the weekend, the scene of by far the greatest low in the Harris tenure, when they were humbled 6-1 on New Year’s Day.

What better way to exercise those demons than by finally throwing some caution to the wind and registering a much-needed win. More of the same doesn’t bare thinking about."

karnataka said:
LeonWasTheDog's said:

Gyökeres may come good given time, he's a different type of player from what we're used to but I thought his contribution today was interesting. He came on at a stage in the game when Blackburn were going to have to throw everything they had at us and that usually means forcing the game to be played in our half with all their defenders pushed up to the halfway line but Gyökeres was a crucial part of how we stopped them from doing that by making them keep defenders back so there was a big gap between their defenders and the rest of their team which made it difficult for them to keep the pressure on us. Yes, he should have done better with all of the opportunities he had but he was a real nuisance and they couldn't ignore him. If that was part of Cooper's plan, well done Steve!

Bang on. It‘s easier to defend a narrow lead when you‘ve got an outlet to occupy the opposition. Clement/Carvalhal - no thanks.

I know we don’t care about the oppo but fair play to Blackburn today. Came and gave it a go and tried to play proper football throughout. Not what i imagined a Mowbray team would be really.

karnataka said:
LeonWasTheDog's said:

I've been slated for suggesting gyokeres could do a good job for us, glad to know that other people think the same and gyokeres is getting his chance.

Yep, fair play to Blackburn... I thought they played some g ready Football and will cause teams lots of problems this season.

But we just look superb across the park at the moment

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back