• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 20/21: The Swansea City v Brentford Match Thread

What will the result be against Brentford?

• Swans win

Votes: 22 52.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Brentford win

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Neath_Jack said:
eteb said:
we have a fantastic goalkeeper. His kicking however is abysmal, surely you cannot argue to the contrary on that tonight

Fred is superb. His kicking didn't cause us to draw the game tonight.

Brentford were better than us on the night, it happens.

spot on on everything

Itchysphincter said:
Muteswan said:
2-B33-B63-E-0-CA2-4400-83-C5-E57-B3-D49836-B.png

That is a horror show.

it might be but last season Burnley won a game in the premier 2-0 (home or away not sure) and had zero shots n target, funny old game :D

21 shots all from 50 yards up the pitch, and possession means nothing if it doesn't get you the 3pts.

Spljack said:
Need to sort the midfield balance out with Hourihane but I'm sure that will come.

Should work a lot better if all three of our midfielders aren't our side of the halfway line like they were for much of tonight.

Neath_Jack said:
eteb said:
we have a fantastic goalkeeper. His kicking however is abysmal, surely you cannot argue to the contrary on that tonight

Fred is superb. His kicking didn't cause us to draw the game tonight.

Brentford were better than us on the night, it happens.

Very true, but his kicking was atrocious. Not debatable. I like him though, cracking keeper.

We scabbed a draw being a man down after being against the wall for most of the game against the probably the best team in the league atm. We have smith and bennett to walk back into the side, hourihane has got another 90 mins under his belt and morris will probably get mins on sat.

I'm telling you it's written in the stars.

Simple point is we are 2nd tonight. After all earlier on today people were talking about points on the board being more important than games in hand.

Brentford dominated us, failed to win, that'll smart with them more than it does with us

Skippyjack said:
If anything, tonight showed we need another midfielder for cover, because we were threadbare on the bench

2Bennett
3Manning
11Morris
18Hamer
21Dhanda
22Latibeaudiere
31Cooper
37Williams
41Garrick

Thats not threadbare to me, full of first teasers, but on a different day (thumbs up thingy)

Fireboy said:
We scabbed a draw being a man down after being against the wall for most of the game against the probably the best team in the league atm. We have smith and bennett to walk back into the side, hourihane has got another 90 mins under his belt and morris will probably get mins on sat.

I'm telling you it's written in the stars.

if not so sure. If anything it would be us and brentford not us and norwich

Akajack said:
Skippyjack said:
If anything, tonight showed we need another midfielder for cover, because we were threadbare on the bench

2Bennett
3Manning
11Morris
18Hamer
21Dhanda
22Latibeaudiere
31Cooper
37Williams
41Garrick

Thats not threadbare to me, full of first teasers, but on a different day (thumbs up thingy)

none of whcih play cm..

The Brentford post match narrative is underway

https://twitter.com/WestLondonSport/status/1354535544211058690

PSumbler said:
The Brentford post match narrative is underway

https://twitter.com/WestLondonSport/status/1354535544211058690

Weren’t we denied the win up there controversially late on

Skippyjack said:
I'm not sure why we're waxing lyrical with a point, they have a game in hand, we needed that win.

But saying that, tonight's performance showed we are play off material.. not automatic promotion material

Can't see anyone waxing lyrical Skippy, mostly people expressing happiness at a point given how we played and the circumstances of being a man and goal down late in the game.

Not automatic promotion material is nonsense. We're 2nd in the table because we deserve to be and we have every chance of being there at the end of the season. Do I think we are more likely to be in the playoffs? Yes I do, but not beating one of the strongest teams in this division doesn't mean we don't have a chance at top 2.

Having said all that, Cooper has to look at taking the shackles off against the best teams at some point. It'll be hideous if we play like that against Norwich, we have to actually play to win, not play to avoid defeat. Ditto Man City in the cup. Any positive result against them would be a huge bonus, but what an opportunity for our players to be involved in a game like that. If we set up as negatively as we did tonight, I can imagine it draining the enthusiasm out of them.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back