• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 21/22 The Official Barnsley vs Swansea City Match Thread

What will the result be against Barnsley?

• Barnsley win

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Swans win

Votes: 20 52.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jackharris

Staff member
Reaction score
63-DF4172-15-BE-4922-81-D6-BD849-F65-B0-D3.jpg

14-B949-FE-8-FB8-4075-A7-AE-4-D9-CAB858-B08.jpg

656-E459-A-B556-4-D9-C-9998-44-DE1-C6736-A6.jpg

F151-A288-FDB8-4970-AE6-A-93-BDADAA1-A3-B.jpg

AB4-E1-D41-CA84-4-A32-836-A-D080-C04-D36-DF.jpg

AD524-EC8-C040-4036-B303-77-EE196-EA102.jpg

14-A7-D8-D9-FCD2-4-DF9-9-E33-9-EDD838-D8-D05.jpg

7-D931-E29-6-EE4-46-BD-BF84-C154562-A802-D.jpg

3-C75-F879-C067-4-FBA-867-A-17-A30581-F3-C4.jpg

55280-EB6-CB4-A-41-E3-B251-5-DE623301124.jpg

447-D0668-2075-4834-B503-C1781067-DB85.jpg

It's games like this we should be winning, but can we stop conceding soft goals?

Bennett will be back for this one, otherwise I would like to see an unchanged side.
Not sure what to expect with Barnsley having a new manager, an early goal though should see any new manager bounce fall flat.

Skippyjack said:
It's games like this we should be winning, but can we stop conceding soft goals?

I'm yet to be completely convinced that we approach away games correctly where the onus is on the home side to be on the front foot. It's fine to say that we play every game our way and it clearly works well at home but I don't think you can completely ignore the opposition's strengths a way from home and for me you have to plan to nullify them before you can get the sort of control we aim for and impose our style on the game. If you don't, the opposition will continually feel like they have a foothold in the game. On the other hand, if it was that easy, I might have had a career as a football manager.

bakajack said:
Bennett will be back for this one, otherwise I would like to see an unchanged side.
Not sure what to expect with Barnsley having a new manager, an early goal though should see any new manager bounce fall flat.

Not sure. I‘d like to see Cabango get a run of games. Bennett wasn‘t great against Bournemouth. Would also start with Obafemi and Smith. Ntcham to come on second half. December January are tough months so we’ll need to keep legs fresh.

karnataka said:
Skippyjack said:

I'm yet to be completely convinced that we approach away games correctly where the onus is on the home side to be on the front foot. It's fine to say that we play every game our way and it clearly works well at home but I don't think you can completely ignore the opposition's strengths a way from home and for me you have to plan to nullify them before you can get the sort of control we aim for and impose our style on the game. If you don't, the opposition will continually feel like they have a foothold in the game. On the other hand, if it was that easy, I might have had a career as a football manager.

I agree, I said something similar a few games ago, we get caught in possession far too much when away from home, even the best teams like Liverpool clear their lines when stressed in possession, even the long ball is used to pick out Mane and Salah on each wing.. making incredible runs that cause teams problems, but I think Russell is going down the Man City route, fitness and suffocate the opposition using far superior technical skills.. but the Swans haven't got the tools to play that way, and it's Russells problem

The referee, David Webb, took charge of our first match this season (Blackburn 2-1 Swansea) so I went back to the Match Thread to see what we thought of him, and unusually after a loss there wasn’t a single piece of criticism about him although he does appear to be card happy, so expect at least 3 or 4 yellows to be handed out.

When you consider the starting line-ups for our first match, against Blackburn after RM had been here less than a week, and Saturday’s against Blackpool it’s interesting to see who started in both games. The survivors from the Blackburn match are Cabango, Bidwell, Naughton, Grimes and Paterson. The losers are Benda, Bennett, Latibeudiere, Smith, Cullen and Lowe (obviously). I’m a little surprised that it’s our midfield that has been comparatively stable, but Grimes is our captain and every new manager seems to value Naughton. Bidwell isn’t spectacular but he is reliable, getting 7 out of 10 for me in almost every match.

There were some interesting predictions about how we would develop over the season, so if you want to pat yourself on the back for getting it right, or laugh and jeer at those who got it wrong then you’ll find it all on page 2 of the Matchday Threads.

A quick look shows their fans aren’t too positive about the result.
https://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/score-predictions-swansea-home.309822/

Hard to see us winning against a new manager and a team on a losing streak that we haven't lost to since 1983. The odds are stacked way too high on us doing a 'Swansea' tomorrow night.

Anyone know if we’re able to park the car at the stadium if your using the National Express coaches they’ve put on?

Muteswan said:

This comment I like from that forum.

2-0 Swansea win. We won’t see another point until we play Cardiff at home.
Yesterday at 6:25 AM

:D :D

Longlostjack said:
Muteswan said:

That’s the main reason I posted it, 😂

They have a link to this thread on their forum and a number of them have been here to vote on the game lol

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back