• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 22/23 The Swans v QPR Official Match Thread

What will the result be against QPR?

• Swans win

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • QPR win

Votes: 15 53.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I sit in line with the 18 yard line in the east stand and had a perfect view of Ben’s “tackle”. How the ref didn’t give a red for that I couldn’t understand. It would have been a very different game if he’d given it. I thought the tactics in the 1st half were working well, a few nail biting moments but enjoyed it. The 2nd half we played much deeper and fell into the bad habits of earlier games. If the ball needs to be cleared then clear it and regroup. I’m happy we tried something different to the usual messing about at the back, and it worked. Benda needs to start every game. Good vocal support for the last 10 minutes showing the players we are with them.

Well, that was interesting! A proper defense! Amazing! The question for me is whether that will be a one off following Martin being shouted at (Kaplan & Levein did not get their price for Obafemi and Piroe), or has something been put in place to prevent a return to the the fuck fuck fuckitty fucking 'process'? I am truly ambivalent about 'the process'.

If someone who knows what they are doing has taken control of the style of play, the skies are blue, if they haven't - I don't want to think about it. Do we perhaps have a DoF, in some form?

MrSwerve said:
Slightly cringed at the RM fist pump at the East stand, after the last 13-odd results - but there we are. A win is a win.

It was the same last season. Celebrating every scraped win like we’d won the league. 3 points is obviously important but the reaction tells you all we need to know about our belief. We see ourselves as a small club. Not overly surprising given this is the highest level Martin has managed at.

LeonWasTheDog's said:
MrSwerve said:
Slightly cringed at the RM fist pump at the East stand, after the last 13-odd results - but there we are. A win is a win.

It was the same last season. Celebrating every scraped win like we’d won the league. 3 points is obviously important but the reaction tells you all we need to know about our belief. We see ourselves as a small club. Not overly surprising given this is the highest level Martin has managed at.

Considering how long its been since our last win and clean sheet at home I will give him a pass on that one.
If we can build up some momentum and confidence with a run of results I will feel a lot better, on paper the squad we have now is looking much better than it did a week ago and RM now can have no excuses.

What a fckn league this, literally no rhyme or reason.
Excellent first half, yes lucky regarding Ben first minute, but we were pretty good first half. Could see the grit last 10 minutes that no way did we wanna concede. FFS let's move forward now Russ, the crowd were with you today.....lucky boy!
Benda has one hell of a kick on him btw.
I
Impressed with Cooper/Joe today. Sorinola has something but not put my finger on what it is yet!
Well done lads...really enjoyed.

Sorinola is clearly very raw, he is 21 and from what I have read this is his first season as a starting player at this level. The last two performances have been much more encouraging from him, better movement and more effort both attacking and defending.

His final ball and decision making needs work, but its very rare that you get those as a finished article in any youngster. He has good competition now in the form of Stevens and hopefully that will also help him to kick on and get to the next level.

bakajack said:
LeonWasTheDog's said:

Considering how long its been since our last win and clean sheet at home I will give him a pass on that one.
If we can build up some momentum and confidence with a run of results I will feel a lot better, on paper the squad we have now is looking much better than it did a week ago and RM now can have no excuses.

Yes, I suppose so. The relief of that win shows how much pressure they were feeling. ‘The process’ seems to have gone out of the window today, but needs must. I don’t know where that leaves us longer term given how that process was supposed to be key to everything. Wins however we get them is more important right now.

Also did Piroe actually get booked today for blocking a goal kick?

Shithousery at its finest, I adore it.

I only listened to the first half yesterday so I haven't seen the Cabango incident in the first minute. Its not on any of the highlights videos I've seen. Anyone got a link to the incident?

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back