• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 22/23 The Swans v QPR Official Match Thread

What will the result be against QPR?

• Swans win

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • QPR win

Votes: 15 53.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
*looks at table* hey look, we no longer have the worst Goal difference, we are joint second worst with that one club that is supposed to be the largest in the country

Taking into account points tossed away by not having any sort of how to defend a winning position, we could easily be in the top 3...
Mad :lol:

We dodged the red card for the Cabango incident? Couldn’t clearly see it from where I was sat.

A marked change in style today, the GK routine is hopefully banished.

I’m still baffled by some aspects of game management from our Russ though. Three very welcome points. If my granny had balls we could be well into play off territory. A long way to go, much to work on and hone.

Cooperman said:
We dodged the red card for the Cabango incident? Couldn’t clearly see it from where I was sat.

I’m still baffled by some aspects of game management from our Russ though. Three very welcome points. If my granny had balls we could be well into play off territory. A long way to go, much to work on and hone.

Absolutely got away with one, if it wasn't the first 60 seconds of the game the ref might have given it.
I have no doubts that VAR would have given it.

MrSwerve said:
Slightly cringed at the RM fist pump at the East stand, after the last 13-odd results - but there we are. A win is a win.

Yeah it had the aire of 'please love me'

bakajack said:
Cooperman said:

Absolutely got away with one, if it wasn't the first 60 seconds of the game the ref might have given it.
I have no doubts that VAR would have given it.

Hmm, based on what’s written on the early pages it seems so. It might have been a very different afternoon had a red been given. Cabango needs to put this down as another lesson learned.

A wins a win is a f**king win.

Today we just played football.

Ok Russ if you've decided to ditch the suicide defending you've wiped the slate clean with me. Let's see where we go from here. Well done boys.

Cooperman said:

Nailed on free kick/pen, red for denying a goal scoring opportunity is debatable but possible

JustJack said:
Cooperman said:

Nailed on free kick/pen, red for denying a goal scoring opportunity is debatable but possible

Was outside the box so would have been a nailed on red if the ref gave it.

Even if it was inside the box its only a yellow in a circumstance like that if there's a genuine attempt to play the ball of which there was none. Would have been a red either way and I totally expect QPR manager to talk about the incident in his post match interview.

bakajack said:
Nocountryforoldjack said:
A much needed win but lots of work too do.

Agree but the performance as much as the result was a step in the right direction from my perspective.

Improved performance but it could hardly of been much worse than it has been, a bit of luck today which you need and QPR not being up to much. Like I said, much work to do to be anywhere near the finished article. Happy with 3 points though which is the main think but I'm not getting carried away with today.

bakajack said:
Agree but the performance as much as the result was a step in the right direction from my perspective.

Improved performance but it could hardly of been much worse than it has been, a bit of luck today which you need and QPR not being up to much. Like I said, much work to do to be anywhere near the finished article. Happy with 3 points though which is the main think but I'm not getting carried away with today.

Totally agree.

Looking ahead to the next game the only change I would make to the starting team would likely be Oko-Flex starting instead of Paterson. Still not convinced on Cabango but I can't see RM dropping him after keeping a clean sheet.

bakajack said:

Totally agree.

Looking ahead to the next game the only change I would make to the starting team would likely be Oko-Flex starting instead of Paterson. Still not convinced on Cabango but I can't see RM dropping him after keeping a clean sheet.

Yeah the flex does look a prospect on today's little showing, quick and lively just what we need. Paterson looks lost at the moment, more interested in driving around the marina in his range rover.

I think cabango needs to get laid probably, looks a liability at the moment.

JustJack said:
Cooperman said:

Sky have not included it within their two minute highlights clip. Not worthy of a showing (there’s some other mundane footage inside the two mins)?

Cooperman said:

100% a red card. Weak backpass header and their striker (Willock?) was in for a clear goalscoring opportunity until Ben tugged him back (outside the box). If the boot was on the other foot I’d be tamping. We were due a bit of luck though.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back