• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Middlesbrough vs Swansea City | The EFL Championship

jackharris

Staff member
Reaction score
IMG-2635.jpg
IMG-2595.jpg

IMG-2745.jpg

IMG-2746.jpg

IMG-8797.png

IMG-2596.jpg
IMG-2636.jpg

IMG-2610.webp

IMG-2646.jpg
IMG-2621.jpg

IMG-2654.jpg
IMG-2619.jpg

Last edited:
After two exhausting matches the bulk of the squad needs a rest. ......

Reactions: K23
It's not our cup final. I'm expecting a very comfortable home win. Apart from a few I see no desire in our team.

The kind of game that on paper looks like it will be a difficult one for us.
At the same time however its also the kind of fixture where the good Swansea City side shows up for at least one half of football and does enough to earn a positive result.
Honestly this could be anywhere from a 4-0 hiding to a 0-3 victory and I wouldn't be surprised at any of those results.

I think I heard that we haven't conceded a goal from open play since Ipswich on February 17th. That's not bad going - it's also the last game we conceded more than one goal. I know I've guaranteed we'll concede at least 2 Saturday, both from open play, so forgive me, but despite all the trash talk the defence gets, that's at least something to build on.

I'd be more confident about this one if Allen and Placheta were fit. Our squad is so thin in key areas.

IMG-1020.jpg
Rebecca Welch will be in charge when Swansea City travel to Middlesbrough on Saturday (3pm kick-off). Welch was promoted to Select Group 2 in the summer of 2023 and this will be the second time she has taken charge of a Swans match, having previously overseen the home win over Blackburn Rovers last month.

Josh Tymon was the only Swan booked that day, while goals from Joe Allen and Jamie Paterson secured three points in a 2-1 victory. Welch started officiating in the north-east in 2010, and quickly moved to refereeing in the Women’s Super League before being awarded the 2017 and 2020 Women’s FA Cup Finals.

In December 2020, Welch was added to Uefa’s list, which put her among the elite female referees in Europe. Since the 2018-19 season, the Tyne & Wear-based official has also been appointed to games in the men’s National League. She was promoted to the National Group (previously National List) in the summer of 2021 following an impressive EFL debut in the League Two clash between Port Vale and Harrogate the previous season.

In December 2023, she took charge of her first Premier League match – a clash between Fulham and Burnley - becoming the first woman to referee at that level. She also oversaw Bournemouth’s top-flight meeting with Nottingham Forest in February. In total this season, Welch has taken charge of 15 men's games across all four professional leagues, as well as in the FA Cup. She has handed out 74 yellow cards and three reds.

On Saturday, she will be assisted by Craig Taylor and Mark Russell. Anthony Backhouse will be the fourth official.

I remember being very impressed with her refereeing in the Blackburn game.
Anything approaching even close to that standard would be a significant improvement on the dogshite cop out referees that we had for our last few games.

Have never bet on us losing, but by jesus this looks a home banker.

We could lose every game and still stay up, never been so many shit sides in the Championship.

Lucky us...

A Point please to to keep the geebies at bay. Wed evening going to be a bit sweaty. Another point there and win vs Rotherham. Could be safe by next Saturday. Who am I kidding?

I remember being relatively positive ahead of similar games at Hull and Sunderland, and they turned out ok. Not feeling that positivity today. With Allen and Placheta out, two of the players that have given us a more front-foot, aggressive style at times recently are missing. Probably need a big game from Ronald or we'll be toothless again.

Can honestly say I'm looking for excuses not to bother watching today...

I'll have to miss this one as I'm about to head out to watch an under-6 girls game...Will be looking at score updates through squinted eyes. Hoping this thread will be a good read later (preferably not in a 'watch the world burn' kind of way)

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back