• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 24/25 | The Official Match Thread | Middlesbrough FC vs Swansea City | The EFL Championship

Well there we go......1-0 loss.
It could have been 3 or 4-0 but at the same time we could have come away with something.

Today has just highlighted our weakness as a squad.
Get in a centre half, left winger, winger/no 10 and another striker and I am confident we can push on from this result.

I’d expect them to do it for the whole match instead of looking for the backward pass for 85 minutes.
They passed the ball forward and got it into the box on plenty of occasions in the second half.

To say they've passed the ball backwards for 85 minutes today is a little silly.

Tymon megs the defender and has acres of space to run into and he gets rugby tackled off the pitch but not a free kick
Couldn't understand that decision one iota. Shocker of a ref, always has been.

Let’s be fair tho, if they are favourites to be there or there about at the end, we aren’t going down……

Bo
Think you're overreacting here. First half gash second half was ok. Boro no better than us
Boro were terrible too. Marginally better than us because they did the simple things better. No overreaction here, we really were awful.

Full time thoughts:

Vigouroux a bit shaky to start but improved through the game
Key looked off the pace, not really overlapping/underlapping with Eom
Tymon likewise seemed lethargic, many simple passes and first touches terribly wrong
Darling made a couple of misplaced passes but the better of the defenders
Cabango was atrocious, stopping a 2nd goal does not justify a showing that wouldn't look out of place in u10s
Grimes dropped too deep, rather than midfield he spent most the game as a 3rd centre half
Fulton if I hadn't seen the team sheet I couldn't have told you he had been playing
Franco was quiet, I don't think attacking midfield is his ideal position
Eom was the best player on the pitch for us, he just needed a striker with attacking instinct in the box
Abdulai was also disappointing, a sloppy tackle gave away the penalty
Cullen had a couple of half chances but just doesn't show enough up top for me

Ronald gave us a creative spark but most of our passes to him were very slow or behind him rather than giving him a chance to attack the defenders
Naughton seemed to link up better with Eom and Ronald than Key did
Vipotnic I don't think we played the ball into him a single time
Cooper buzzed around a bit but didn't really create

Complete over reaction.

The second half showed promise and this side will get better as the season progresses.
My post was regarding today’s game, that we will improve as the season progresses is not relevant. What a silly an argument. 😂

Better when Fulton off
Absolutely, but the mindset is still wrong. You can see that Williams and Martin were hand in glove.

Plus, everyone knows Grimes and Fulton shouldn't play together, but there they are, week after week.

Boro commentator "And Grimes drops back again, to collect the ball". Drops back? He lived in the middle of our defence! Not sure I want to hear Williams bigging up this game, or making excuses. Anyone who regularly picks Fulton isn't worth his salt. Static defence and static midfield, apart from Oem Ji Sung, leads to zero or limited chances for our front players. Long season ahead I fear.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back