• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 24/25 | The Official Match Thread | Sheffield United vs Swansea City | The EFL Championship

You’re not wrong. The squad’s paper thin. Which is also why we usually drop off when the subs come on.
It's not paper thin, we just lack a striker, we've got more than enough numbers, it's just Williams and our science dept are not conditioning our players properly.. he'll probably bring out the high intensity bollocks out soon..

I’m interested to know if anybody got excited watching that at any point tonight. I hardly moved or flickered throughout. I feel the same way in a lot of games now and I’m wondering if it’s just me that’s jaded with it all and everyone else is thinking, “gosh that was a good game, I enjoyed that”.
Excellent point.
And that's why we've not renewed for this season.

Well have a look at the empty seats at the Liberty every week to see if fans think it's exciting football .
Yes, I’m coming to the conclusion that I simply don’t like watching this particular style of play. I hate watching Man City and they do it ten million times better than we ever will. So that’s my problem, not Williams’. IMO there’s no joy in it at all, no spontaneity. I’d hate it if I was a player.

They didn't score, though, we scored for them, then failed to take the simplest of Christmas presents. Hence my bluddy frustration. Sheffield Utd were fairly shyte throughout.
And still should've beat us comfortably.. we're concentrating on metrics, passes, stats and running, instead of goals like.. it's all well and good, but goals win games and players win games, not stats or running metrics ffs

Not prepared to see the situation.. from Magicdaps10.. the oracle on everything except getting it totally wrong.. we could've played all night and not scored, how is that comparing him to Martin.. Coops here's one of them on Twitter look, he has one hand tied behind his back mun, so he has to play a midfielder as a striker and a DM as a winger mun
That's the crux.....not prepared to see the situation!
If the club got the striker and left winger that was discussed right up to the close of the window then we wouldn't have needed a midfielder up top and Abdullai on the wing.

You could argue we start with Vipotnik but he is not going to start 3 games in 7 days when he is not fully fit and up to speed.
What else do you do with 4 attacking options on the pitch all running out of steam with only 2 forward options in Vipotnik and Bianchini on the bench.
The squad is thin and we don't have enough options to come in who play in the natural positions that need freshening up. We can't just play the players available for every game for 90minutes!
We need Parker and Ginnelly back ASAP to help lighten the pressure.

I am glad that many can see the positives and the situation at hand....others won't and will not be prepared to see it for certain agendas and clearly you fall in that category and as you say, you are not prepared to see it.

It's not paper thin, we just lack a striker, we've got more than enough numbers, it's just Williams and our science dept are not conditioning our players properly.. he'll probably bring out the high intensity bollocks out soon..

Numbers does not equate to quality.

The squad is absolute dog shite. Our two strikers are League One standard. Our wingers are physically weak, easily bullied and have next to no end product, they can't cross or shoot or beat a man. Our central midfield plays walking football unless Franco is there. Our defenders can't concentrate for 90 mins, and constantly make mistakes that cost us goals.

The only truly good thing about this squad is that somehow - and fuck knows how - we've managed to end up with possibly the best goalkeeper in the division. He is absolutely brilliant, best perm signing we've made in years.

How anyone can be enthusiastic about this group of players, apart from GK, is absolutely beyond me.

If we finish 21st, we should be delighted.

I wish I still had high intensity bollocks ☹️

Yes, I’m coming to the conclusion that I simply don’t like watching this particular style of play. I hate watching Man City and they do it ten million times better than we ever will. So that’s my problem, not Williams’. IMO there’s no joy in it at all, no spontaneity. I’d hate it if I was a player.
Nowt worse than watching a naturally flair player like Ronald (was) getting coached by numbers into a sad shadow of his former exuberance.
Coached not to take his man on the outside but to cut back in, to retain possession at all costs and boost the manager’s CV stats.
Sad days.

Nowt worse than watching a naturally flair player like Ronald (was) getting coached by numbers into a sad shadow of his former exuberance.
Coached not to take his man on the outside but to cut back in, to retain possession at all costs and boost the manager’s CV stats.
Sad days.
Right said Fred .

The squad is absolute dog shite. Our two strikers are League One standard. Our wingers are physically weak, easily bullied and have next to no end product, they can't cross or shoot or beat a man. Our central midfield plays walking football unless Franco is there. Our defenders can't concentrate for 90 mins, and constantly make mistakes that cost us goals.

The only truly good thing about this squad is that somehow - and fuck knows how - we've managed to end up with possibly the best goalkeeper in the division. He is absolutely brilliant, best perm signing we've made in years.

How anyone can be enthusiastic about this group of players, apart from GK, is absolutely beyond me.

I wouldn't go as far as that but I am certainly happy we are 12th at present and seeing an improvement with us defensively.
I am hoping Ginnelly gets back soon and can get up and running quickly because I think he will flourish in this team playing on the left allowing Eom to play more centrally.....hopefully Vipotnik will be up and running by then aswell.

Sad days.
Jodi Jones must have been going against instructions week after week at Notts County then!

That's the crux.....not prepared to see the situation!
If the club got the striker and left winger that was discussed right up to the close of the window then we wouldn't have needed a midfielder up top and Abdullai on the wing.

You could argue we start with Vipotnik but he is not going to start 3 games in 7 days when he is not fully fit and up to speed.
What else do you do with 4 attacking options on the pitch all running out of steam with only 2 forward options in Vipotnik and Bianchini on the bench.
The squad is thin and we don't have enough options to come in who play in the natural positions that need freshening up. We can't just play the players available for every game for 90minutes!
We need Parker and Ginnelly back ASAP to help lighten the pressure.

I am glad that many can see the positives and the situation at hand....others won't and will not be prepared to see it for certain agendas and clearly you fall in that category and as you say, you are not prepared to see it.
We paid millions for two wingers, he just doesn't want to start one or play him to "get up to speed" or his science team are getting in the way of team selection.. other teams are managing fine with the "running metrics" and buzz words like "work load".. you're creating a narrative in your own head now, think about it

You're making sense mate, work on things that actually win football matches, instead of this high intensity running, unless you're a 100 metre runner.. Williams will float out all these buzzwords during the season "optimal" will be on my tombola bingo machine

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back