• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 24/25 | The Official Match Thread | Sheffield United vs Swansea City | The EFL Championship

We had plenty of those games , with those statistics under Russell Martin . What's the difference? Loads of possession, very few or no shots on target, and come away with zero points.
Not passing it aimlessly between cb and keeper for starters..

We had plenty of those games , with those statistics under Russell Martin . What's the difference? Loads of possession, very few or no shots on target, and come away with zero points.
We are very different to the RM days, we're not conceding a hatful of goals and we've ditched the suicide football in our own box.

I’m interested to know if anybody got excited watching that at any point tonight. I hardly moved or flickered throughout. I feel the same way in a lot of games now and I’m wondering if it’s just me that’s jaded with it all and everyone else is thinking, “gosh that was a good game, I enjoyed that”.

Football can be so feckin frustrating at times. We were far and away the better football side on that pitch tonight, we almost deserved a point, but for Tymon's brain fart and Peart Harris' lack of basic ball control and cool head at the critical moment.
Funnily enough, I think we'll beat Stoke.
A roundabout way of saying if we'd scored and they hadn't we'd have won! FFS!

Something that is worth noting about Cardiff's attacking play...

They have a higher xG than us so far this season. And they're fucking shit.

I’m interested to know if anybody got excited watching that at any point tonight. I hardly moved or flickered throughout. I feel the same way in a lot of games now and I’m wondering if it’s just me that’s jaded with it all and everyone else is thinking, “gosh that was a good game, I enjoyed that”.
They could have played without a goalkeeper for most part.

Issue is, Williams has links with Martin so you are seeing the bad and not allowing yourself to be at peace to see the positives.

We are bang middle in the league with a thin squad, 4 or 5 young players with little to no experience of this league and 2 strikers.
I don't know what you are expecting but you are clearly not prepared to see the situation because you are still trying to play on a manager who left us over a year ago.

It's getting fooking boring now.
Not prepared to see the situation.. from Magicdaps10.. the oracle on everything except getting it totally wrong.. we could've played all night and not scored, how is that comparing him to Martin.. Coops here's one of them on Twitter look, he has one hand tied behind his back mun, so he has to play a midfielder as a striker and a DM as a winger mun

Well have a look at the empty seats at the Liberty every week to see if fans think it's exciting football .

Not prepared to see the situation.. from Magicdaps10.. the oracle on everything except getting it totally wrong.. we could've played all night and not scored, how is that comparing him to Martin.. Coops here's one of them on Twitter look, he has one hand tied behind his back mun, so he has to play a midfielder as a striker and a DM as a winger mun
You’re not wrong. The squad’s paper thin. Which is also why we usually drop off when the subs come on.

Mate, it's pointless arguing with a snappy hotheaded imbecile
Def not arguing with Eteb.
Seem to agree on most things but I did think Cardiff were having the time of their lives on our left once Tanner and that big blonde boy came on. Similar to last years away game. I was glad with a point.

Give it a rest will you, fifteen shots and only three on target, an own goal decided it , and yes silencing the crowd is a good indicator on how the game went.
It's just delusional to look at the scoreline in isolation without taking into account how many opportunities we give the opposition and how few we create for ourselves.

I just remembered Sheffield United also hit the inside of the post tonight, which doesn't count as a shot on target but it was inches from being 2:0.

It's not just tonight either, it's been practically every game this season. We've just had the rub of the green and Vigouroux has been keeping us in games.

Tonight was a bit of a "bonus" game anyway, in the sense that we were expected to lose so a point would have been a surprise. I was fearing a much heavier defeat so at least losing 1:0 shouldn't affect the confidence of the players too much

No, but I have enjoyed the Norwich and Bristol games. As mentioned a few times on this thread, we need to click up top.
We seem hesitant to take a cross, never mind a shot.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back